Aerotank Mega And Mini

LOL.. You making me feel like I'm James Bond hahaha... Seriously only using Vodacom LTE connection. Normal data @Silver

Lol

I see the flag is now back to SA
Glad to have you back on our soil ;-) (network wise at least)

How do you like the Sony @Darth_V@PER ? I got mine last week :rock:

I had the Xperia S before and there is not that much of a difference @BigK. The speed and Camera are totally killer though, The phone is much better then the S actually. LTE is lightening quick and I cannot fault the phone so far. The lady friend is pulling her hair out as she says if I'm not playing with my PV then I'm messing around on my phone so I still need to get used to all the camera features. SONY ROCKS:rock:

Since there have been no recent additions to this thread, I thought I'd add my view. I visited Vape Club this weekend with a mate who lives near to them, with the idea of checking out some new gear. He wanted a new tank and I had advised him about the new mini Nautilus, and it's much easier making a decision when holding something in your hand than it is on-line.

With a bit of fore-thought I tossed my SVD in my pocket before leaving as I wanted to see if the Aerotank Mega looked as good on it as it does in photo's. Not that I needed a new tank, but we all know that's not reason enough not to buy one, and as soon as I'd strapped it on the SVD it was sold!

Compared to my 3 daily tanks (two mPT3's and a PT3) the draw is a lot looser, at first seeming too loose.At first I tried tightening it to match the PT3, but this didn't really help. After a day's use I was a lot more accustomed to it - now the PT3's draw seems too tight, and the AM perfect. All my juice is 70/30 and vaped at 8.5W.

Pros:
  • Added capacity over the 3ml PT3 means filling less often
  • Side air inlet means no more juice leaking onto the top of your battery/mod (big plus for someone as pedantic as me)
  • Kayfun-like drip tip is rather pleasant to use, but is standard 510 and can therefore be easily changed
  • Stainless steel finish is machined, so always appears clean (including the drip-tip)
  • Styling, finish and size matches my SVD like it was made for it
  • Manufacturing quality appears very good (better than my others, including the first Aerotank)
Cons:
  • Draw a bit on the loose side (except if you prefer lung-hits, when it works well)
  • No really noticeable change in airflow once above the minimum setting (for me anyway)
  • Difficult to adjust the airflow ring unless the tank is gripped correctly, but at least doesn't move accidently
  • Not sure how I'd clean juice out of the base if and when required. At present I flush it with hot water at re-fill time
  • It's marginally larger than the SVD in diameter, but not noticeably so (but I can feel it - there's the Virgo in me again)
  • A bit of a juice-***** (or maybe that's just me)
  • Looks a bit daft on a standard eGo battery :p
I'm rather pleased with this new acquisition, even though I didn't know I needed it beforehand. Big thanks to @JakesSA for his always-accommodating attitude and honest opinions, even at the possible expense of a sale. I'll be baaack 8--)

Big thanks to you guys! The V2 looks spectacular on the SVD, pleeaaseee post a pic?

Apologies for the quality - best I could do at short notice. The lens distortion tends to accentuate the size difference, it's a lot less noticeable IRL.
SVD&AM.jpg

To any Aerotank V2 owners:

I just bought this tank and the beauty ring that comes with the package seems to be chrome-plated instead of stainless steel like the rest of the tank - anyone else receive the same? It's a bit of an eyesore because I use it on my Vision Spinner 2 and the beauty ring is a different finish to the tank.

To any Aerotank V2 owners:

I just bought this tank and the beauty ring that comes with the package seems to be chrome-plated instead of stainless steel like the rest of the tank - anyone else receive the same? It's a bit of an eyesore because I use it on my Vision Spinner 2 and the beauty ring is a different finish to the tank.

Beauty ring?!
Aerotank doesnt have a beauty ring... at least as far as I know...
Are you maybe thinking of the eGo connector sleeve?

Pics pls?, this is hurting my head...

Beauty ring?!
Aerotank doesnt have a beauty ring... at least as far as I know...
Are you maybe thinking of the eGo connector sleeve?

Pics pls?, this is hurting my head...

the ego connector sleeve is the beauty ring :)
and yeah, its probably something not made by kanger and sourced cheaply as an extra to the aerotank kit

the ego connector sleeve is the beauty ring :)
and yeah, its probably something not made by kanger and sourced cheaply as an extra to the aerotank kit
It hurts my eye! Can I get a stainless steel version of this ring anywhere locally?

Afaik they all chrome plated. I got a chrome plated brass one with my original Pro Tank 1 long ago. The newer ones are plastic.

Back