All Day Vapes Private Bins

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
We are fortunate in that we have two experienced 'mixologists' (that grates, I will ramble on about it just now :D) available, each with about 8 years experience in vaping and creating juices.

Ramble - About mixologists, I see the word bandied about and it always makes me a little uncomfortable. It conjures up images of overly serious men/women in white coats mixing away diligently, experts in the molecular structure and characteristics of flavourings.

So what's wrong with that. Creating an experience with flavour is not dissimilar to creating an experience with colour. You need to know the characteristics of the materials you work with, and how they interact/compliment/clash with each other, of course. But then you have to add emotion and imagination to get to something beyond a sterile result. People in white coats in labs is not where you are likely to find these crucial ingredients.

I could probably sit down for a year or two building a database of flavourings and their characteristics and write a program that will spew out recipes on demand. Wimpy burgers. End Ramble/rant. That feels better. :D

So I don't like the word mixologists. :)

Back to business. Up to about a year ago we were not mixing together, so we have developed different styles. Male and female, it will also influence resultant profiles. We have worked together with ADV, and the 40+ flavours we have launched have been a collaboration between us.

Now we have decided to introduce two new lines, private bins, for flavours we will work on independently, except for critique which may or may not be ignored. The idea is to have a greater variety of profiles. Some may like one line but not the other, tastes differ.

We will still collaborate on new flavours for the standard and Signature lines.

We hope this will produce a wider choice of differing profiles for you to choose from in future.

Last edited:
OT but:

Ramble - About mixologists, I see the word bandied about and it always makes me a little uncomfortable. It conjures up images of overly serious men/women in white coats mixing away diligently, experts in the molecular structure and characteristics of flavourings.

I'm not sure where this perception comes from, that 'mixologist' is a grander and more scientific version of 'mixer'. Dictionary.com defines mixologist as:

noun, Usually Facetious.
1. a person skilled in making mixed drinks; bartender.

Wikipedia agrees and redirects 'mixologist' to 'bartender':

A bartender (also known as a barkeep, barman, barmaid, bar chef, tapster, mixologist, alcohol server or StarTender, or an alcohol chef) is a person who formulates and serves alcoholic beverages behind the bar, usually in a licensed establishment.

Probably the more accurate term is the American word 'flavorist':

noun
1. a person whose job is to blend natural and artificial ingredients to create the taste and smell of a specific food.

Anyway, good luck with the new venture, @YeOldeOke!

Look forward to see what comes out @YeOldeOke !
Yes, so do we. Will be an interesting exercise indeed.

May be a couple of weeks before the first ones are made available. Have to have labels printed, import the flavours we use in these in quantity etc. But we're rarin' to go.

Last edited:
Back