Always, always check your wattage!

X-Calibre786

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
This morning I took one of my Berserkers and put it on my Nunchaku mod. I had last used the Nunchaku with a Zeus X at 55w. The Berserker was freshly coiled and wicked last night with a 1.4ohm coil. Forgot to check the wattage and fired it.

This was not just a dry hit! The coil melted while i took that hit! I have no words to describe the horror and the pain!

At least im not alone.
I've pretty much welded and fused coil wraps together because of this previously.
Have also had a 0.5 ohm coil split and fly across the room and burn the curtain because i fired it at 100w without checking.

At least im not alone.
I've pretty much welded and fused coil wraps together because of this previously.
Have also had a 0.5 ohm coil split and fly across the room and burn the curtain because i fired it at 100w without checking.

It was really "Curtains" for me- i had to buy new ones, or try and burn the other one so they matched

There is something to be said for mods which automatically provide a suggested wattage when you connect a new coil.

Many vapers don't like this feature but it would have saved @X-Calibre786 from a nasty experience.

There is something to be said for mods which automatically provide a suggested wattage when you connect a new coil.

Many vapers don't like this feature but it would have saved @X-Calibre786 from a nasty experience.
Yes the smart wattage feature is very good for this reason! A lot of vapers don't like it because every time the device is turned off and on again (so also battery changes) it gives the smart wattage again and is never the wattage actually wanted but it does save disasters and frying your coils and the suggested wattage is always pretty close to what you will want so just needs a slight adjustment.

@X-Calibre786

Well, you know the saying: As die kop dom is, dan moet die lyf k.....

Lol.....just joking. Happened to me once, but since I usually vape with low resistance and wattage at 70 (ish), it wasn't too bad, but I can imagine your experience....yikes!

At least im not alone.
I also had a coil melt on me, but not because of wattage.

One day while cleaning coils the mod I was using got stuck the firing position. The coils just kept getting brighter and releasing the fire button didn't help; so I reacted quickly by moving to take out the batteries. I had to tilt the mod to access the battery compartment and the molten coil fell out of the atty onto the table in front of me.

It landed about 3cm away from the edge of the table but had it missed the table it would have caught my bare leg as I was wearing shorts... That would have been a disaster!

Back