Always check your wicking before you rebuild

Jono90

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all.

Just a quick note on a personal experience.

I recently got myself daedalus coil maker and made myself some fused claptons with 26g/42g NI80 KP
and all of my merlin minis really shined with this build in, even my MTL Merlin is amazing with it! especially from a crispness of the flavour. Well worth the multiple issues like the 42g snapping and the hassle.
So i then decided to build 4mm 26/42g KP duals for my 3 kylins. At first i wasnt impressed as i was with my merlins. I was going to rebuild them but then according to steam engine my coils had a higher heat flux compared to the previous build (28gx4/32g A1 Kanthal) so i thought maybe they not being fed fast enough and so i then thinned out my wicks and trimmed them down. and WOW! awesome fantastic flavour! with a huge bubble after each drag.

Moral of the story: Always check your wicking and try multiple wicks before you rebuild.

Hi all.

I recently got myself daedalus coil maker and made myself some fused claptons with 26g/42g NI80 KP
and all of my merlin minis really shined with this build in, even my MTL Merlin is amazing with it! especially from a crispness of the flavour. Well worth the multiple issues like the 42g snapping and the hassle.
So i then decided to build 4mm 26/42g KP duals for my 3 kylins. At first i wasnt impressed as i was with my merlins. I was going to rebuild them but then according to steam engine my coils had a higher heat flux compared to the previous build (28gx4/32g A1 Kanthal) so i thought maybe they not being fed fast enough and so i then thinned out my wicks and trimmed them down. and WOW! awesome fantastic flavour! with a huge bubble after each drag.

Moral of the story: Always check your wicking and try multiple wicks before you rebuild.
Right you are,wicking is imperative to a good vape.Just a quick question,what is Kp?

@kev mac
Well if one thinks of a wick as a fuel line to an engine, It really shows how important a wick is.
I personally like to take a long drag and then check the wetness of my coils right afterwards. if they dont have visible wetness i know my wicking is wrong.
And KP is Kidney puncher wire. honestly the best wire i have used. Thanks! @Rob Fisher

Hi all.

How you finding the Daedalus jig? I'm thinking of getting one myself

@Faheem777
Vapers corner. and i also saw one on house of vape.
Only issue is vapers corner only has 42g which works but you use it fast. 38-40g is more ideal and i cant find them anywhere..

@Faheem777
Vapers corner. and i also saw one on house of vape.
Only issue is vapers corner only has 42g which works but you use it fast. 38-40g is more ideal and i cant find them anywhere..

Sorry man, I meant what's your thoughts on the product itself? Is it as simple to use as the videos online etc.

Oh sorry. LOL
its awesome hey. its pretty easy to use even with 42g.
the only thing is the tension nut on the jig has to be just tight enough. too tight and it snaps too loose and it messes up the wraps.
so you go slowly at first to make sure its right. After that you can basically walk away.

@Faheem777
Oh and also you need a very smooth table to use it on without any texture so the jig can move slowly down the wire.
I use my granite kitchen table.

@Faheem777
Yes they will all the way upto the 1000ft ones.
which i plan on getting some.

GasPhase wire is pretty good, I honestly can't tell the difference between the GasPhase NiCr80 and Kidney Puncher ni80 and the GasPhase wire is super cheap but great quality, it's sold by weight so for 38ga spool weighing 25gr you get 370m of it. www.gasphase.co.za

@Moey_Ismail
Yeah i saw your mentioned it in another thread. Was ganna get some but they were out of stock before i ordered! damn!
it is rather cheap.

I bought myself some Demon Killer Framed Claptons last night. It was my first time actually putting new coils into my RDTA, so I was a bit unsure if I was doing things correctly. Anyways, after getting the new coils in, I put some new cotton through and after priming it I took a few tokes. Was so disappointed, had to rewick three times to get it to where I knew it could be :D

Back