Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

I am looking for a juice display stand (actually several of them) to display my juices.
I would like my juices to be visible all at once when I open my juice cupboard.

The problem is that they currently all stand next to each other, so i can only see the first row. To see the others, I have to lift them up and check them. I want to see them all easily. I keep them in flat plastic containers with compartments (nice for carrying around), but these stay in my cupboard.

I was going to try my hand at building something for myself, but I don't have all the tools, am not experienced at this - and I just don't have enough time. I thought of doing something in wood, then thought maybe perspex like the picture below would be better and lighter.

I was thinking of something along these lines:

acrylic-e-liquid-juice-bottles-display-case.jpg

To display mostly 30ml commercial e-juice bottles.

My cupboard is 41.5cm wide and 28cm deep. Height is not a problem since the horizontal shelves are adjustable. I have two such cupboards and two shelves on each, which I can dedicate to juice display. So would look to get 4 of these display stands.

Am wondering if anyone knows where these may be available locally.

Alternatively, if someone wants to offer to build me something - I am more than happy to pay for it. Just PM me.

Hi all

I am looking for a juice display stand (actually several of them) to display my juices.
I would like my juices to be visible all at once when I open my juice cupboard.

The problem is that they currently all stand next to each other, so i can only see the first row. To see the others, I have to lift them up and check them. I want to see them all easily. I keep them in flat plastic containers with compartments (nice for carrying around), but these stay in my cupboard.

I was going to try my hand at building something for myself, but I don't have all the tools, am not experienced at this - and I just don't have enough time. I thought of doing something in wood, then thought maybe perspex like the picture below would be better and lighter.

I was thinking of something along these lines:

View attachment 24694

To display mostly 30ml commercial e-juice bottles.

My cupboard is 41.5cm wide and 28cm deep. Height is not a problem since the horizontal shelves are adjustable. I have two such cupboards and two shelves on each, which I can dedicate to juice display. So would look to get 4 of these display stands.

Am wondering if anyone knows where these may be available locally.

Alternatively, if someone wants to offer to build me something - I am more than happy to pay for it. Just PM me.

Use a spice rack? :D

Interesting - spice racks are not really going to work, I think

You get the vertical ones that are generally like this:

Spice Rack vertical.jpg
But they don't make use of my cupboard depth. I.e. the bottles would be on top of each other, so while in full view, I could probably only have 3 rows, like the one above.

Then you get the horizontal ones:

Spice rack horizontal.jpg

But I want the bottles to stand upright - I don't want any leaking ;-) and also I want to see the labels.

Just my basic looking around suggests that spice racks do not generally come in a stacked, stepped or layered type of shelf. At least not what I can see from the usual spots...

Maybe I need to build a custom kitchen type cupboard for my juices - but I don't want to go overboard or invest too much time in designing or on the costs. So I think I need to go for those perspex type shelf displays first and see if it works for me.

@Silver, I also looked into various types of racks for storage of our liquids and found nothing locally that could help unless you are willing to have someone make something for you.

In the end I just made something myself over the December holidays, it was a PITA because I don't really have the time and energy these days to do woodwork.

The other option I saw was importing something from China, but then we would have to take like 100 of them and we didn't need that many by a long shot

Interesting - spice racks are not really going to work, I think

You get the vertical ones that are generally like this:

View attachment 24718
But they don't make use of my cupboard depth. I.e. the bottles would be on top of each other, so while in full view, I could probably only have 3 rows, like the one above.

Then you get the horizontal ones:

View attachment 24719

But I want the bottles to stand upright - I don't want any leaking ;-) and also I want to see the labels.

Just my basic looking around suggests that spice racks do not generally come in a stacked, stepped or layered type of shelf. At least not what I can see from the usual spots...

Maybe I need to build a custom kitchen type cupboard for my juices - but I don't want to go overboard or invest too much time in designing or on the costs. So I think I need to go for those perspex type shelf displays first and see if it works for me.

Oh well worth a shot, when I googled I saw these and figured it could work.

New-DIY-Spice-Rack.jpg

spice-rack.jpg

Thanks @Derick

You know, I was thinking

Doesn't really matter if it doesn't look all that good, the rack will be inside a cupboard and basically just needs to be a platform sturdy enough to hold bottles of e-juice.

So I was thinking, just to put blocks of wood on top of each other...

Will draw and upload it now via my phone

@Derick

Like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428428080.444926.jpg

Excuse my drawing abilities, but just blocks of wood of the same thickness but just cut to different lengths put on top of one another.

I suppose I could go to a builders and ask them to use a cheap wood and cut it for me ?

Do you think something like that would work?

Thanks @Derick

You know, I was thinking

Doesn't really matter if it doesn't look all that good, the rack will be inside a cupboard and basically just needs to be a platform sturdy enough to hold bottles of e-juice.

So I was thinking, just to put blocks of wood on top of each other...

Will draw and upload it now via my phone
Like this?

70616.jpg

@Derick

Like this

View attachment 24721

Excuse my drawing abilities, but just blocks of wood of the same thickness but just cut to different lengths put on top of one another.

I suppose I could go to a builders and ask them to use a cheap wood and cut it for me ?

Yes, but you might need some edging on the fronts to help prevent bottles falling if disturbed.

@Derick

Like this

View attachment 24721

:)

Yep should work - you can get wood from your local hardware and ask them to cut it to size - then you just stack them

What about ordering the bits and pieces from a perspex supplier that can cut to size and then glueing it together?

I've bought perspex pieces for a fish tank before and they'll cut anything for you in any shape.

I used clear silicone but I'm sure there are better acrylic glues, silicone has quite a bit of flex... Not ideal

Thanks guys

@Derick - I appreciate the feedback. Was also wondering if I use the blocks of wood, I'd need to fasten them to each other somehow - perhaps a nail - but I am not a woodworker - lol - but I do have a hammer ;-)

And @Andre, your point of the edging on the fronts is correct.
Although this is a stand only I will use and I am generally quite careful, I can imagine what would happen if I grabbed a bottle at the back and then they all fell. Knowing me, they would be placed in some specific order, so I would end up cursing all afternoon - re-ordering and re-sorting...

Thanks guys

@Derick - I appreciate the feedback. Was also wondering if I use the blocks of wood, I'd need to fasten them to each other somehow - perhaps a nail - but I am not a woodworker - lol - but I do have a hammer ;-)

And @Andre, your point of the edging on the fronts is correct.
Although this is a stand only I will use and I am generally quite careful, I can imagine what would happen if I grabbed a bottle at the back and then they all fell. Knowing me, they would be placed in some specific order, so I would end up cursing all afternoon - re-ordering and re-sorting...
Stack them out the way you want and then glue them together with some Ponal(or any wood glue) - just put something very heavy on top(bunch of magazines or books) to squeeze them together for about an hour and you should be sorted - solid blocks of wood are going to come out very heavy though, so make sure your cupboard can support that weight :)

Thanks @Derick, you are right about the weight. So basically it will be like a rugby stadium stand without the seats, where each platform is solid wood, instead of concrete. Lol. Will be heavy.

Thanks @Derick, you are right about the weight. So basically it will be like a rugby stadium stand without the seats, where each platform is solid wood, instead of concrete. Lol. Will be heavy.
Yep

I have asked that Mr Plastic for a quote for his display stands if you want to wait a bit and see what he says
6026769879d0755ac2e493440f89e74d_300_225.JPG

Thanks @Derick. I will be interested to hear what they say
Also, whether they can make it longer and put more shelves on it if need be - if that is possible to find out from them

Back