Anything like the iStick Pico these days?

GarethB

New Vaper
LV

Awards
The Pico was my first vape that helped me quit cigarettes the very same day forever. It was a great vape and pretty much perfect for my needs. Use to vape that bad boy at 32 Watts.

Fast forward to now, where I am consistently vaping at 75 watts with the Asgard RDA. I am vaping way too much and I can feel my lungs are not happy with it.

The Pico I had in 2018 is obviously very outdated today, so I was wondering if there is anything close to what the Pico was on the market today.

I also liked my Pico mods.

The Pico I had in 2018 is obviously very outdated today

You would be surprised how little advance you would get from a new Picoesque mod today.

You will get a larger colour screen and be able to use larger attys with it. Apart from that, your vape experience will be very similar. As stated above, the new Picos have made these and other improvements.

If you want to "upgrade" I would go for the Swag II. It is easier to find and cheaper than the modern Picos.

If you continue vaping at 75W you should use a dual battery 18650 or 21700 mod. That would open up a debate on what one to get.

It is strange that you say that your lungs aren't handling vaping at 75W. You could always drop the power if heat is the issue or you could increase the nic and vape less often. I would say that 75W is way higher than the average wattage used by the average hobby vaper but RDAs will do that to you.:)

My suggestion would be to go for the Dead Rabbit R Tank. You get tons of flavour at 40-60W. You will have to rebuild the coils yourself but this is easy.

You would be surprised how little advance you would get from a new Picoesque mod today
The YiHi powered U710 is far more advanced than a Pico from years ago, not knocking the Pico and whether the advanced features and accuracy mater to the individual is another matter!

The YiHi powered U710 is far more advanced than a Pico from years ago, not knocking the Pico and whether the advanced features and accuracy mater to the individual is another matter!

Yup, it's the another matter part that is important.

Yup, it's the another matter part that is important.
To you maybe but to some the advanced features will be more important, everyone wants different things from their devices! I find the curve features on the new YiHi devices better than on any other device which is important to me!

Last edited:
Pico was a legendary device

Pity about the way the battery was quite tricky to remove - so I just left it in.
Eventually after many years, the mod packed up.

@Rob Fisher will remember, I had a white one - I liked it a lot.

I still have an OG Pico that I use for MTL and also a Swag II. Both running identical rta's for MTL. I prefer the Swag II. It's not as bloody cold to hold in winter due to the finish material and the fire button just feels more comfortable to me. Lots of color options available as well. Think I saw some nice kits at Vikings Vape a while back...

Well you can vape at 75watts on your Pico too. So maybe the mod is not the problem but your atty or your build? You can put any suitable atty with a coil for 30watts on any mod? Maybe explore a bit into the MTL low watts tobacco goodness?

Back