Apocalypse Gen 2 RDA #goonkiller

So, I did the unthinkable...I got an Apocalypse clone!:eek:

I have never owned a clone and had no intention of ever getting one but it happened! I popped into my local vape store (it has a crown ;)) to see whats new in the actual world of vaping as all my purchases have been purely on-line for months now.

Among all the goodies I spotted the the Apocalypse and I got that fuzzy feeling as I have been holding out on this one - large based on the February blues...

The kind chap explained (only after I asked as I had my suspicions) that this is a clone... I was struck with a bit of a moral dilemma - do I get a clone or wait another 3 weeks for the real deal? I was told that other than build quality, the performance is relatively similar...

I paid 300 bucks and am still uncomfortable with this and would love to hear your views?

Anyone tried a clone vs original - how does it perform? Yes, no, maybe, take it back for a refund?

Ordered my Apocalypse Gen 2 black candy version from @Sir Vape on Friday, got it on Monday, but I've been so busy with exams I just didn't have the time to build on it, today I had some free time and got my Aliens ready to fix onto that glorious clamp style deck, while I was about to insert the coil I noticed something a lil weird, took a closer look and seems to me like I've got a defective deck, bummer I was really looking forward to testing it out today. Seems that during manufacture 1 of the holes in the post where the screw goes came out less than perfect, the indent where the screw was intended to go is there but the hole itself is just a bit to the side of where it should be so on the 1 post, the openings are a different size on each side of the screw. Even without having the chance to build on it I love this RDA, I think it looks fantastic, I love the gold plated deck, and the clamp posts and that tear drop airflow, I just feel that at that price the manufacturer should really beef up quality control but none the less I contacted @BigGuy, he asked for some close up pics, I sent them and now I'm just awaiting his response, I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by name when I called, no surprise that the Sirs always give fantastic service so I have no doubt that my issue will be resolved :), here are some pics incase anyone doesn't understand my terrible explanation. It looks really minor in pics but makes quite a difference when building on it, plus at R1350 I believe it should be perfectIMG_20170209_182912.jpg IMG-20170209-WA0018.jpg IMG-20170209-WA0016.jpg

Ordered my Apocalypse Gen 2 black candy version from @Sir Vape on Friday, got it on Monday, but I've been so busy with exams I just didn't have the time to build on it, today I had some free time and got my Aliens ready to fix onto that glorious clamp style deck, while I was about to insert the coil I noticed something a lil weird, took a closer look and seems to me like I've got a defective deck, bummer I was really looking forward to testing it out today. Seems that during manufacture 1 of the holes in the post where the screw goes came out less than perfect, the indent where the screw was intended to go is there but the hole itself is just a bit to the side of where it should be so on the 1 post, the openings are a different size on each side of the screw. Even without having the chance to build on it I love this RDA, I think it looks fantastic, I love the gold plated deck, and the clamp posts and that tear drop airflow, I just feel that at that price the manufacturer should really beef up quality control but none the less I contacted @BigGuy, he asked for some close up pics, I sent them and now I'm just awaiting his response, I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by name when I called, no surprise that the Sirs always give fantastic service so I have no doubt that my issue will be resolved :), here are some pics incase anyone doesn't understand my terrible explanation. It looks really minor in pics but makes quite a difference when building on it, plus at R1350 I believe it should be perfectView attachment 84559 View attachment 84560 View attachment 84561
Thats terrible news man - im sure the sir will sort you out, and if he cant - you should send these pictures to the manufacturer. Hang on there bud - I get how you are feeling and totally agree with your comments.

Thats terrible news man - im sure the sir will sort you out, and if he cant - you should send these pictures to the manufacturer. Hang on there bud - I get how you are feeling and totally agree with your comments.
All sorted bro @BigGuy got back to me and is sending me a replacement deck that I should have on Monday

Got my new deck this morning from @Sir Vape, threw in dual 3.5mm aliens reading at 0.15ohm, wicked tightly but short tails just touching the deck with cotton candy from @Maxxis, I may rewick with longer tails so it holds more juice as this thing is meant for high wattage and I really don't want to get a dry hit, this deck is such a pleasure to work on, super super easy, took just a couple minutes to pop in both coils. Despite there not being a domed top cap the flavor is fantastic, the airflow is smooth and there's tons of it wide open, a real cloud chucker, thick, dense and flavorful vape. I'm loving the black candy look and the gas mask and apocalypse engraving finish it off perfectly. The drip tip is awesome and stays cool, it's the blue marble 1 and only comes with the candy versions. Cons on this have to be that it gets scorching hot, read online that the candy versions are anodized aluminum not stainless steel like the rest of the line so maybe that's why it heats up so bad, something to consider for anyone looking to purchase 1. I don't mind the heat since the candy version looks so damn great. Also the o rings aren't great, they're kinda loose to begin with and once they get juiced up they don't really serve much of a purpose. Pros and cons given, I love this RDA, even with the couple cons and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good all rounder RDA with plenty of airflow. And thank you to @BigGuy for sorting out my issue with the deckIMG_20170213_103742.jpg IMG_20170213_103819.jpg IMG_20170213_111012.jpg

Back