Are we at the end of innovation (Mods)

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I note a lot of reviewers now stating that this company copied that and this mod is just a revision of another.

So have we reached the end of innovation ?

What idea's have you got that might make a new mod interesting ?

My idea is to have a battery compartment with a built in charger. Think of it like a mag on a gun. You charge via usb or even solar. When you need a battery change you push a button like on a gun and the whole "battery mag" comes out and you simply replace. Make it an industry standard and you could have a whole new generation of mods built around the "battery mag"

I've been saying for years that I want a mod that includes a cellphone.

The two largest components are already there. The battery and the screen. Just add a simple cell phone.

Only one item to carry around. What a win.

Think of it like a mag on a gun

I see where you are going with this, can even move into the direction of replaceable LiPo packs, like digital cameras. Maybe even a universal battery pack that you can modify/custom your setup with a different type of "mod" attached to it. So you have one battery setup that can either house a podkit, rda, rta, squonk setup. Much like the SBS Podkit/BB/Tank setups doing its rounds now with interchangeable coils.

Lost Vape upped their game a bit with bringing out a mod with the new DNA100C, and now also going the IP-rated route with it, making it multi-battery compatible as well. But like you said, where to from there now? A dual battery mod with the same kind of external specs? Not revolutionary, more evolutionary.

@Puff the Magic Dragon there was this.....

5f96e08a85cb9bdf8455868716ea7c3b.jpg

lotus-vapecase-cell-phone.jpg

Something I would like to see is a colab between vape companies, call it the big commercial name brands (ie: Geek Vape, Wotofo, Voopoo, Aspire, etc) to bring out a combined range, let their design teams sit together and bring out a mod, podkit and different tanks. Imagine what these guys can put together sitting around a table and adding all their designs into one. Will it be the ultimate collection, most likely not, as there will be a Joe Soap that does not like it and want something else (cough cough Jai Haze cough)...

Was that mod ever sold? I don't see it on their website.

In any event, I want a mod that is also a phone. That is a phone which is also a mod.

In any event, I want a mod that is also a phone. That is a phone which is also a mod.

Only problem with that is, what happens if you want to vape while you are on the phone (either calling or busy browsing ECIGSSA)... then you need another phone to vape on while you are on your vape phone to vape while you are phoning on your vape.

Why did Augvape never take this one any further, the idea was great, the execution and reception not so much, but an awesome little mod with something completely different to it (Druga Foxy):

IMG_1955.JPG

And then there was the Challenger, now imagine that top section housing the board and the tank just sliding off and you slide it onto another base with charged batteries already. Multi color or even custom bases, single color top, a different mod every day.

upload_2021-6-24_10-5-31.jpeg

but wait, there's more....

Steam Crave had something going here that also came to an end as soon as it was released... next step: squonk bottle and tank on one part of the mod, board and batteries on another part. You have a dedicated RDA and juice in the "backpack" that can interchange with the actual mod. That way you have options on squonking, dont need more than one squonker at a time (sorry @vicTor) and you are good to go. Take it one step further having it completely modular where your squonk/rda backpack is one unit, the battery pack is one unit and the board/buttons is one unit and all 3 sections slot together and can be interchangeable (then you can throw in a solid unit that does not squonk for the non-squonkers out there)

steam_crave_hadron_220w_box_mod__3.jpg

It's not necessary new to be honest in the last year os so the vape industry has hit a massive downfall. There is nothing new and innovative being released all devices practically do the same thing and perform equally for the most part when looking at mid range brands. The difference from one mod to the next is practically just cosmetic at this point as vapes share the same features VW TC Bypass. Companies now seem to be using gimmicks such as leds or other bells and whistles on their devices.

The last truly "innovative" thing I remember in the vape industry is when pod systems (not aios) started to get adjustable airflow

Although this is not real innovation I really like the torch on the MVP5. It is amazingly bright and long-lasting. I have used it often.

images

Mist squonker no cotton just a mist everytime you squonk and vape not sure if it will keep the coil cool enough though. Fire button will be the squonk too as you fire it sprays a mist on the coils well not mist but eliquid.

This was modular -

upload_2021-6-24_13-3-52.jpeg

I rather enjoy Wismec’s quirky approach to vaping.

It's a phone cover that is a mod, specifically for the iPhone 5, so I reckon it was either a concept or very limited production.

Innovation hasn't reached its end yet, but on the chip and functions I think they are at its best and cannot go further. So it's probably going to follow the car manufacturers, reverse cameras, digital radios, bigger boot and most importantly, big alloys

Yes but considering how an atty can get hot while vaping, your phone rings and you end up with a nice second degree burn wound on your cheek or earlobe :eek:

Last edited:
If wanting to go the "like a gun" way, why not have a biometric grip, or fire button, that can't or won't fire unless used by registered biometrics:meparto:

Or why not a revolver type atty that holds 4-5 different juices that can be rotated to the users choice at the time...( for those who don't want to drip or squonk )

Its an endless rabbit hole as far as ideas are concerned, especially the ideas of the end users...
Maybe the major manufacturers should have an end user "concept mod"..
Have the end user send in their ideas, along with a drawing of their idea of the ultimate mod, and then have their teams design it...

Back