Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
Ever since trying the beta version that Phil and Demetri had with them at the Paris Expo I have wanted to get one and play. Finally it arrived... I will build and play today but in the meantime here are some pics.

Ares 001.JPG Ares 002.JPG Ares 003.JPG Ares 004.JPG Ares 005.JPG
I wanted Demetri's tool because I'm trying spaced coils to see if they make a difference.
Ares 007.JPG

OK @Scouse45 has been nagging me so I did a build on the Ares... I used Demetri's spaced coil tool with Kidney Puncher Ni80 25g which came out at 0.483Ω
Ares 008.JPG Ares 010.JPG Ares 011.JPG Ares 012.JPG Ares 013.JPG Ares 014.JPG Ares 015.JPG Ares 017.JPG

First impressions are that it's a great flavour tank! I know it's aimed at the MTL crowd (which I'm no longer a part of) and I was hoping to get a flavourful restricted DL vape from it and I'm not disappointed. It seems to be wicking well and the flavour is very good. It's a great pity it wasn't a 22mm atty because I have so many 22mm mods... but at the price this looks to be a winner for the tight inhale crowd... for the DL boys it may be too tight but it is vape-able for me...
Ares 018.JPG

Will report back after a few days of using it!

OK @Scouse45 has been nagging me so I did a build on the Ares... I used Demetri's spaced coil tool with Kidney Puncher Ni80 25g which came out at 0.483Ω
View attachment 115912 View attachment 115913 View attachment 115914 View attachment 115915 View attachment 115916 View attachment 115917 View attachment 115918 View attachment 115919

First impressions are that it's a great flavour tank! I know it's aimed at the MTL crowd (which I'm no longer a part of) and I was hoping to get a flavourful restricted DL vape from it and I'm not disappointed. It seems to be wicking well and the flavour is very good. It's a great pity it wasn't a 22mm atty because I have so many 22mm mods... but at the price this looks to be a winner for the tight inhale crowd... for the DL boys it may be too tight but it is vape-able for me...
View attachment 115920

Will report back after a few days of using it!
Thanks so much bud looks promising!

looks very similar internally to the Siren V2 but that airflow looks super interesting... Looks like a recipe for a monster flavorful throat hitting tank.

He’s butt hurt because he had some testing done with the Siren V2...will not admit it’s a great rta despite all other reviews saying it’s great.

Does it matter? People are gonna be like "really? Is that bad? I think I should buy one to find out." :) There's no such thing as bad publicity. :)

@Rob Fisher too soon for an update? :p Flavour and no leaking are my main concerns...

Flavour Great! No leaks! I specifically left it standing for a few hours... vaping on it again and if you like a tight draw it's for you! The other good news is it WILL be available in South Africa by the end of the week! Boom!

Interesting thought coz Todd also said it’s not a good mtl

Well I'm not sure how he arrives at that because while you can DL it it's very very tight... and probably a bit too tight for me. I'm not the best to test MTL because I haven't vaped that way for a long time now... and I was hoping for a slightly more open airflow for a restricted lung hit but it's too tight for me and I have all the airflow open all the way!

Will be interesting to see how a MTL Vaper will find it. That will be the real test!

Interesting thought coz Todd also said it’s not a good mtl
Yeah Todd said he preferred it if it was a tighter mtl. He did however say flavour was great.
Vic on the other hand made more reference to the Siren V2 in that review than the Ares (the rta he tested before release).
That’s why I’m more interested in user reviews.

Well I'm not sure how he arrives at that because while you can DL it it's very very tight... and probably a bit too tight for me. I'm not the best to test MTL because I haven't vaped that way for a long time now... and I was hoping for a slightly more open airflow for a restricted lung hit but it's too tight for me and I have all the airflow open all the way!

Will be interesting to see how a MTL Vaper will find it. That will be the real test!
I’ll pick one up soon as I can and test it out pure mtl. If u say it’s too tight for direct lung on widest airflow then it’s definitely gonna b fine for mtl. Sometimes these reviewers are so varied it’s madness I think Todd is going for a ridiculously tight draw like the smallest airflow on the berserker

Yeah Todd said he preferred it if it was a tighter mtl. He did however say flavour was great.
Vic on the other hand made more reference to the Siren V2 in that review than the Ares (the rta he tested before release).
That’s why I’m more interested in user reviews.

I see both of them didn't use the spaced coil. Would that make a difference?

Ooh this is exciting @Rob Fisher
Thanks for sharing your experiences
Am going to zoom in on this over the next day or two

Talking about spaced coils... I have been playing with spaced coils a bit of late (always used normal compressed coils) and wanted to see if it made any real difference. I used one in my O-Genny V2 and in that setup it did help with flavour... but the one thing I really love about the Ares is all the goodies it comes with... and the item I was most interested in getting my paws on was Demetri's spaced coil tool. What a win!
DemetriTool 001.JPG

Back