Asmodus Minikin Reborn issue

Shakez

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello All!!

So I have an Asmodus Minikin Reborn, beautiful mod! Bought it last year October, worked amazing until the other night where the touch screen stopped working and the mod fired by itself once or twice. :(:(:(:(:(:(

I have no clue what happened as it worked fine up until that point. Still turns on and off, but the touch screen no longer works.

I suspect some juice has leaked into the board. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you all for the help!

Hello All!!

So I have an Asmodus Minikin Reborn, beautiful mod! Bought it last year October, worked amazing until the other night where the touch screen stopped working and the mod fired by itself once or twice. :(:(:(:(:(:(

I have no clue what happened as it worked fine up until that point. Still turns on and off, but the touch screen no longer works.

I suspect some juice has leaked into the board. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you all for the help!

Hey man, bad news. Juice on a board is never an easy fix. How to try and fix it depends on how far you are prepared to go and also if it is in fact worth doing. A mod autofiring would put me off even attempting a fix in fear of it going wrong again and then autofiring and not noticing it doing so.

Any case, try enclosing it in a plastic bag containing rice to see if it will dry out the juice as a starting point.

Regards

You can buy really awesome electronics cleaner. All kinds of brands. Comes in a spray can much like Q20. Grab some from your closest hardware store and disassemble the mod. Spray the chip board and let it displace the water/juice that way. It beats any kind of rice/alcohol. It's specifically designed to displace water in electronics.

If you've ever had someone come over to fix a tv, the first thing they do is remove the back cover and coat the hell out of the electrical board and other components.

On a side note. This mod appears to be notorious for having a dying screen. I've seen them with dead screens all over the classifieds.

Looks a little like this. Sorry, I chucked out my can recently as it lost all pressure. I have successfully revived an old laptop, cellphone and old box TV with this stuff in the past.
Screenshot_2018-03-28-18-17-06-711_com.android.chrome.png

You can buy really awesome electronics cleaner. All kinds of brands. Comes in a spray can much like Q20. Grab some from your closest hardware store and disassemble the mod. Spray the chip board and let it displace the water/juice that way. It beats any kind of rice/alcohol. It's specifically designed to displace water in electronics.

If you've ever had someone come over to fix a tv, the first thing they do is remove the back cover and coat the hell out of the electrical board and other components.

On a side note. This mod appears to be notorious for having a dying screen. I've seen them with dead screens all over the classifieds.

Looks a little like this. Sorry, I chucked out my can recently as it lost all pressure. I have successfully revived an old laptop, cellphone and old box TV with this stuff in the past.
View attachment 127362
+1 for this. Living in Durban I keep a can of this stuff handy at all times. It works like a bomb and is really useful, especially for those who vape near a pc. A quick spray will get rid of any vape that has settled on a motherboard or other components.

Will try that out this weekend thank you all for the responses! I was reading up on the spray cans as well. Worth a try.

My screen isn't dead as yet still displays just does not respond to touch.

this is way i don't use ammits any more . leaking
obs tanks are now my future now just to get the write coil for the obs

I've got one of those Vaporesso NRG tanks and that thing susprisingly also has zero leaking thus far even with the bottom air flow. Coil life span sucks on these things though.

Was using a Kylin v2 which leaks like a mother under the tank.

this is way i don't use ammits any more . leaking
obs tanks are now my future now just to get the write coil for the obs
Try a 5 wrap 26x3wrapped in 36 ga fused Clapton wire, it comes our at about .2 ish somewhere, if you go dual coil you may have to add a wrap or use another fused Clapton to not go too low. I always got good taste from this, but now using a smaller fused Clapton to push my single coil in the OBS Nano into the .4 to .5 range at low wattage. Hope this helps a bit.

Try a 5 wrap 26x3wrapped in 36 ga fused Clapton wire, it comes our at about .2 ish somewhere, if you go dual coil you may have to add a wrap or use another fused Clapton to not go too low. I always got good taste from this, but now using a smaller fused Clapton to push my single coil in the OBS Nano into the .4 to .5 range at low wattage. Hope this helps a bit.
thanks yes i have same 3x28ga wrapped in 38 ni80 coming from 3fvape that geekvape roll
have the 3x26 in now 0.1ohm and o so nice

thanks yes i have same 3x28ga wrapped in 38 ni80 coming from 3fvape that geekvape roll
have the 3x26 in now 0.1ohm and o so nice
It's a good place for the watts you are vaping at, it is a great coil for the OBS. I now use a thinner one, I think it is the 3x28 for higher resistance and still get great flavour.

Back