Asmodus Voluna V2 RTA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Voluna V2 RTA from Asmodus. The Voluna V2 RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Saly from Asmodus.

https://www.asmodus.com/products/asmodus-voluna-v2-rta

Introduction

Asmodus, who brought us the minikin are an affordable high end American Manufacturer. The Voluna V2 RTA is an upgrade of the Voluna RTA and isn't just another RTA but is designed specifically to be both a cloud and flavour chaser giving the user the best of both worlds. With massive bottom airflow and build deck more akin to an RDA it's designed so the lifted posts means both these and your build reduces the large chamber which has a flavour inducing domed ceiling. With it's excellent build quality the Voluna V2 comes in packaging unique to Asmodus, so let's give it a good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Voluna V2 RTA
1x Extra glass tube
1x Allen key tool
2x Fused clapton coils
User Manual
Spare parts

Aesthetics

The Voluna V2 RTA came in unique can style packaging with viewing lid with product clearly labelled and the Asmodus logo, very nice packaging! I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Rainbow, Black, Gold and Purple, all colour options come with a fitted Black delrin very wide bore 810 drip tip. Both the top cap and airflow control ring has pronounced grooved texturing which matches and despite the top cap opening with a swivel motion it has the appearance of being screwed on (which i found out it does unscrew for cleaning). The dual airflow slots on the control ring are very wide and have stoppers. The Voluna V2 is quite a tall RTA and is fitted with a straight glass, looking through this glass you can see on both sides of the chamber we have the Asmodus logo nicely etched. The base has printed safety marks and branding, the Gold plated 510 pin protrudes nicely and is hybrid safe. The build quality is high end and has quite some weight to it due to the thick Stainless Steel housing, all machining and tolerances are spot on.

Voluna V2 RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm(D) x 45mm(H)
Capacity: 3.2ml
Material: Stainless Steel
Build deck: Dual posts build deck
Posts Gold plated apart from Stainless Steel version
Drip tip: Wide bore Delrin drip tip
Flavor boosting dome shape chimney
Innovative Lego-like dual posts
Wide build deck with 25mm diameter
Wide bore delrin drip tip
Easy slide cap filling design
Thread: 510
Colours: Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Black, Gold, Purple

Various Parts

The Voluna V2 RTA has a delrin wide bore 810 drip tip which has o-rings so goon style 810's will not fit but the installed drip tip suits the RTA very well (no spare is included). The top section consists of swivel top-cap, juice port section and chamber. The base section consists of the deck, airflow control ring and 510 pin, the glass is sealed top and bottom with o-rings, it holds 3.2ml of liquid and you receive an identical spare. Filling is done by pushing the top-cap where it is marked and it swivels open just enough to fully reveal the juice port but no further, it moves smoothly and unlike some swivel top-caps it isn't loose but has a nice resistance to it's movement. I did say earlier the top-cap as the appearance of a screw on top cap and although the RTA doesn't use a screw on/off method for filling the top does actually unscrew allowing it to be removed for cleaning purposes, the airflow control ring is also removable.

The Airflow

Nothing complex about the airflow on the Voluna V2 RTA, simple bottom airflow and lot's of it. The dual airflow slots on the control ring are very wide and adjust with a nice tolerance, the air goes underneath the deck and then up hitting the bottom of the coils. Because the posts are raised so the build will be quite high in the chamber has allowed for the airflow outlet openings to be at the top of towers keeping the openings away from the juice flow minimising any leaking possibilities out the airflow slots, the airflow outlets are huge giving the bottom of the coils plenty of air. The design also means that despite the RTA being 25mm in diameter and having a large chamber the build really reduces this chamber which has a very domed ceiling followed by a short chimney section all of which encourages flavour.

The Deck and Build

The posts are velocity style but start wide apart, go up, then go diagonally inwards before then going up again very close together (looking at the pictures you will see what i've badly described). This allows the coil legs in the bottom post hole on each post to be tightened on the diagonal from the side then the coil legs in the top post holes to be fastened from above. This also means the build is high up which has allowed for the tower airflow outlets i have already described, it also means the juice channels are almost like deep juice wells, this deck looks more like an RDA deck than a typical RTA. Fitting the coils was easy, i found it best doing one coil at a time and pre-cutting my legs to 5mm using a coil guide tool but if not there is plenty of room to snip the access after fixing in place. One leg goes into the bottom post hole on one post then the other leg goes into the top post hole on the other post, then fit the other coil in the remaining post holes. Once the coils are fitted they can be manipulated centrally over those huge airflow outlets. Wicking is straightforward and if you normally give your cotton ends a comb through i really wouldn't bother with this deck as the juice channels are very generous you would need to go some to suffocate the flow, simply cut bow-tie style and stuff the ends into the channels. The only issue i had with the deck section is the o-ring which seals the glass once the deck is screwed back onto the chamber kept coming out when doing the build, so before putting the tank back together it just needs checking to make sure it's seated correctly.

My Experience Using The Voluna V2

I used the supplied coils which were fused claptons 2x26g/40g Ni80 0.3ohms per coil and once my build was finished it came out at 0.19ohm (full specs of provided coils are given). The build was easy with there being so much room, it was coiled wicked and tank together in less than 10 minutes. This RTA has some air and although not quiet with the airflow fully open it's not mega loud, just closing the airflow slightly quietens any noise the tank gave and the airflow is very smooth across the board. Even those that like plenty of air might find themselves closing the airflow slightly as this gives loads, normally i have the airflow half way but on the Voluna V2 i had it only a third open and that was still plenty for me. With the build i did i found it great at 60w and can't think off the top of my head of another tank that gives this good flavour for the amount of cloud it produces, this isn't a cloud or flavour chasing RTA, it's both at the same time. The other thing worth mentioning is it wicks like a dream, i turned the wattage up to 80w and did some chain vaping and not a hint of a dry hit but with the airflow outlets raised up off the deck i had no issues with leaking. The top-fill method is so quick but needs to be as 3.2ml goes in next to no time in this tank but making the RTA any taller to accommodate anymore capacity would affect flavour and a bulge glass when i try to imagine one on this just wouldn't look right. The downside to the way the top swivels open so easily is it's because the catch doesn't sit deep so it does make it much more possible than normal for the top to open when in the pocket.

Excellent build quality
Pleasing to the eye
Good colour options
Swivel open top-fill
Easy to build
Spacious build deck
Bottom Airflow
Top-cap and control ring removable for cleaning
Unique packaging
Plenty of air
Control ring and swivel movement both have very nice tolerance
Smooth Airflow
Very good flavour
Very good cloud production
Wicks excellently
Suffered no leaking
Spare glass
Coils provided with full specs

Cons

Catch with top-fill could open when in pocket
Needs filling often (Only 3.2ml capacity for a thirsty tank)
Bottom o-ring is seated loosely (not a problem once the tank is sealed)

I would once again like to thank Saly from Asmodus for supplying the Voluna V2 RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.asmodus.com/products/asmodus-voluna-v2-rta

Late to the party, just coiled and wicked up one of these babies... was skeptical about it being a bottom airflow tank with huge air intakes right next to the wick ports for leaking... Must say it is one of the easiest dual coil RTA's to build on with flavor and airflow for days. Will do the overnight test to see how much juice runs out, but so far so good!

Back