Aspire Atlantis Review

Hi-ho @Silver

I’ve had my Atlantis for a little over a week, and am totally enjoying it. Lung-hitting is certainly a new experience if you’re not used to it, but it’s as if I am tasting my juices again for the first time.

To smooth my juices that have been made at 70/30 PG/VG, I add around 30% VG to change the ratio to 50/50. This also obviously dilutes the flavour and Nic, but mine is very low at 6mg anyway, and the flavour is still good. For 18mg juice, this will drop it to just under 13%, so it’s a quick fix if you want to lower the Nic for the Atlantis.

All of the new juices I have made are at 50/50 which I use in my Nautilus too (which I’m also lung-hitting now :p), and they are very smooth in both. I do find that I can ‘taste’ the higher PG in the 70/30 stuff now though, even in my smaller tanks.

I was a bit reluctant to try the Atlantis originally, particularly after my less than satisfactory experience with the Lemo, but am finding it hugely enjoyable at 20W on my XPro. I use two coils in rotation swapping them after a day’s use, and flush them with boiling water and let them dry. After around a week and a half they are still performing perfectly.

The huge variance in air-flow control available allows quite an adjustment to the flavour/cloud volume – a smaller hole gives less vapour and more flavour. I tend to mostly use the second largest with my current fruit/desert juices. I do have some NET flavours from Valley Vapour that are steeping that I cannot wait to try in this tank.

The juice volume is a little low, although I found that I can get 3ml in it using the coil-in-top-when-filling method. It does go through juice at a rate too, but I think that I am actually vaping less overall as I seem to get greater satisfaction from a couple of lung-hits than endless mouth-to-lung drags. It just seems more efficient.

The only complaint I’ve had was from my wife when I filled the car with Dutch Choc Mint vapour, and she couldn’t see :cool:

Ps: and thanks to @Alex who advised me about the correct way to vape – I’ve been doing it wrong for nearly a whole year! :D

You know what guys

I dont mind that my Reo Blue connector is a bit skew
Hi-ho @Silver

I’ve had my Atlantis for a little over a week, and am totally enjoying it. Lung-hitting is certainly a new experience if you’re not used to it, but it’s as if I am tasting my juices again for the first time.

To smooth my juices that have been made at 70/30 PG/VG, I add around 30% VG to change the ratio to 50/50. This also obviously dilutes the flavour and Nic, but mine is very low at 6mg anyway, and the flavour is still good. For 18mg juice, this will drop it to just under 13%, so it’s a quick fix if you want to lower the Nic for the Atlantis.

All of the new juices I have made are at 50/50 which I use in my Nautilus too (which I’m also lung-hitting now :p), and they are very smooth in both. I do find that I can ‘taste’ the higher PG in the 70/30 stuff now though, even in my smaller tanks.

I was a bit reluctant to try the Atlantis originally, particularly after my less than satisfactory experience with the Lemo, but am finding it hugely enjoyable at 20W on my XPro. I use two coils in rotation swapping them after a day’s use, and flush them with boiling water and let them dry. After around a week and a half they are still performing perfectly.

The huge variance in air-flow control available allows quite an adjustment to the flavour/cloud volume – a smaller hole gives less vapour and more flavour. I tend to mostly use the second largest with my current fruit/desert juices. I do have some NET flavours from Valley Vapour that are steeping that I cannot wait to try in this tank.

The juice volume is a little low, although I found that I can get 3ml in it using the coil-in-top-when-filling method. It does go through juice at a rate too, but I think that I am actually vaping less overall as I seem to get greater satisfaction from a couple of lung-hits than endless mouth-to-lung drags. It just seems more efficient.

The only complaint I’ve had was from my wife when I filled the car with Dutch Choc Mint vapour, and she couldn’t see :cool:

Ps: and thanks to @Alex who advised me about the correct way to vape – I’ve been doing it wrong for nearly a whole year! :D

Hi @360twin
Yes, lung hitting is most definitely a new thing for me. I have done it on the odd occasion before - but I haven't really gotten into it.
I have just tried the one juice so far in the Atlantis - I will try a few more and see how it goes
As for lung hitting being the "correct" way to vape - I think that is a personal preference thing ;-)
I still get great flavour on my Evod1 with the same juice as the Atlantis.
And I cannot see myself doing insane lung hits - casually and mindlessly - while sitting at my PC - lol

When the Atlantis fires up - its an occasion indeed ;-)
Lots of noise and fog

You know what guys

I dont mind that my Reo Blue connector is a bit skew

Hi @360twin
Yes, lung hitting is most definitely a new thing for me. I have done it on the odd occasion before - but I haven't really gotten into it.
I have just tried the one juice so far in the Atlantis - I will try a few more and see how it goes
As for lung hitting being the "correct" way to vape - I think that is a personal preference thing ;-)
I still get great flavour on my Evod1 with the same juice as the Atlantis.
And I cannot see myself doing insane lung hits - casually and mindlessly - while sitting at my PC - lol

When the Atlantis fires up - its an occasion indeed ;-)
Lots of noise and fog

@Silver, we'll make a lung hitter of you yet. :p

@Silver awesome review. Interesting hearing your views and experiences with it. I'm using 3-6mg juices in my Atlantis.

I bought a bottle of 18mg by mistake the other day, and i tried it in my mAN.... All i can say, so that you're a tougher man than I, because that knocked me right on my ass :p

Are you guys, down there allowed to vape, inside malls?

Mostly, for many malls have open vape stores in the corridors (Twisp). Majority of us do it stealthily to not create any problems. Unless, of course, you go and stand at a Twisp kiosk and blow huge clouds to embarrass the Twisp shopkeepers - we have a few naughties doing that.

@Silver awesome review. Interesting hearing your views and experiences with it. I'm using 3-6mg juices in my Atlantis.

I bought a bottle of 18mg by mistake the other day, and i tried it in my mAN.... All i can say, so that you're a tougher man than I, because that knocked me right on my ass :p

I finished my first tank of 18mg on the Atlantis
I did a few successive deep inhales on the widest airflow setting.
After two or three of those I could definitely feel the Silver coming on.
But then I just backed off and stopped -

I also did many shorter 2 second lung inhales (not full ones) and that was nice.

No way I could chain vape it at 18mg - but the odd few toots here and there were fine

Am looking forward to experiencing 12mg in the Atlantis and even lower - and see - maybe then I will be chain vaping it.
But those clouds are too much for computer use ;-)

lol, i'm chain vaping mine... whilst in front of my computer :p Though i do have a desk fan.

Hi @n0ugh7_zw
With regards to vaping in malls. As @Andre said -
I do it a lot and haven't been stopped before - but I just try conceal it as much as is reasonably possible.

On the other hand, check out this post where fellow Reonaut @Yiannaki was blowing some nice clouds at the Twisp kiosk in Bedford Centre. Their kiosk is just outside a Pick n Pay.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/out-and-about-with-your-reo.3933/page-18#post-163189

that looks fun, i'll do that to the vape shop up here next time i go... 0.17 ohm build in the little boy RDA should fog the place up

that looks fun, i'll do that to the vape shop up here next time i go... 0.17 ohm build in the little boy RDA should fog the place up

Get someone to take a photo!

I've just done a test. i've used the same juice (some clean un-adulterated menthol) in a dripper (my little boy clone) and in my atlantis. I can definitely taste the wicking material in the atlantis. its not burnt or dry or anything like that. But i can definitely taste it. Sort of the same as how you can taste a silica wick, even when its fully juiced up.

Have you noticed this?

@n0ugh7_zw Strange - that was my problem with the Lemo. The Ekowool was better than the sterile cotton I tried at first, which was horrible, but I could still taste it. I don't in the Atlantis, but I don't have a dripper to compare it to (that's next on my shopping list).

I thought that the cotton would work best as I've used it for a while in my Kanger coils, but it was overwhelming in the Lemo. @MurderDoll suggested that i should have tried Rayon, but it was too late then, I'd already given up and sold it.

I have some Japanese cotton for when one of the Atlantis coils need re-wicking, hopefully I will have the same result as I did with the Kanger coils. What wick do you use in your dripper?

I've just done a test. i've used the same juice (some clean un-adulterated menthol) in a dripper (my little boy clone) and in my atlantis. I can definitely taste the wicking material in the atlantis. its not burnt or dry or anything like that. But i can definitely taste it. Sort of the same as how you can taste a silica wick, even when its fully juiced up.

Have you noticed this?

I have done similar with about three different juices between magma and freakshow drippers and compared them to the atlantis, and while I cant say that I have tasted the wicking material in the atlantis, the flavour is slightly muted in the atlantis when compared to a dripper.
Drippers were wicked with rayon.
For me, the atlantis, in spite of the slight muting of flavour still remains the best commercial clearo I have tried so far.

Update on the Atlantis and CF Mod

After I vaped the tank empty, the Efest 2500 mah 35A batt was at 4.03 V
Not bad for about 2.5 ml of juice

I decided to take @Rob Fisher 's advice and dilute down my 18mg VM Strawberry
I made a mix of 2ml of this juice and 1ml of PG and 1ml of VG
So I got a 9mg juice with the same PG/VG ratio (about 50/50)
Added my Menthol concentrate drops to the tank

This juice vapes beautifully in the Atlantis
And after a few nice lung hits i dont feel the Silver coming on
Very nice. Flavour has hardly been compromised

Seeing 2015 in with a nice cloud!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420062642.888063.jpg

Happy mew year to all

Last edited:
Thanks @free3dom
Happy new year to you too!
Feels great to be in 2015!
Hoping for a good year for all of us

Happy 2015 to you and everyone else!
This will be the first year a lot of us will start without smoking, but vaping instead...happy days, it really feels great :)
Let's hope our numbers grow even stronger in 2015, and more people discover the joys of vaping :D

It's been about two weeks with the Atlantis and CF Mod from Aspire so I thought I would give a little update.

In summary: marvellous!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421327629.019997.jpg

This combo just works and it works so well. Not a single thing wrong since I started using it.

Have vaped around 10 tanks of juice and still on the first coil.
Flavour is great. Vapour is brilliant. Throat hit is wonderful on the longer drags with the mentholated juice.
I have only vaped my fruity menthol mixes so far. Diluting 18mg half half with PG/VG to make 9mg.

Wonderful.

I get two tankfuls on a battery. Am using the Efest 18650 2500 mah 35A batts. First tank is super. 2nd tank still good at beginning. After halfway on the second tank it gets a bit more mellow but still enjoyable.

Airhole wide open. Am loving this setup for the occasional lung hit. Lovely.

And the CF mod works perfectly too. It is simple and works like a charm with a lovely big side fire button.

Conclusion - No-nonsense out the box lung hitting machine.

Last edited:
Back