Aspire Nautilus AIO Starter Kit 1000mAh

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Nautilus AIO Starter Kit 1000mAh from Aspire. The Aspire Nautilus AIO Starter Kit 1000mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-aspire...13097.html

Introduction

Yet another pod system, well actually a pod system which uses replaceable coils so it can also be categorised as the Nautilus is, an AIO kit. When i heard about this kit it was a no brainer in my opinion, the only surprise is more use hasn't been made of the Nautilus coils before now. When i first progressed from cheap ego batteries to regulated devices my first tank was the Triton Mini which the Nautilus coils are compatible with and i used them for a good while, my wife still uses the coils in her K1, a very simple MTL tank that she still swears by and the coils just seem to have such longevity as well of course giving her great flavour. The device has adjustable airflow, a 1000mAh battery and is available in 2 different versions, one with a 2ml pod (EU Edition) and one with a 4.5ml pod (Standard Edition). As well as the much loved Nautilus BVC coil included in the kit is the new Nautilus Nic Salts BVC coil, so lets give the Nautilus AIO Kit a look.

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1x Nautilus AIO Device(4.5ml)
2x 1.8ohm BVC Coils (1 Regular BVC & 1 for Nic Salts)
2x Extra O rings
1x Silicone Seal
1x Micro USB Cable
1x Warranty Card
1x User Manual

TPD Edition

1x Nautilus AIO Device(2ml)
2x 1.8ohm BVC Coils (1 Regular BVC & 1 for Nic Salts)
2x Extra O rings
1x Silicone Seal
1x Micro USB Cable
1x Warranty Card
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Nautilus Aio Kit came in a flip lidded wooden box with cardboard sleeve and when picking the device up i was surprised to find how light it was and that it was actually plastic. I was surprised because the device looks real quality and is very well made. I received the Black version which has a Gold rim. it's also available in Red, Silver, Purple, Blue and Jade, some versions have a Gold rim the others have a Silver. At the top of the device we have the already mentioned Gold rim that sweeps around the entire device being high on the sides and being shaped like a flattened bottom "V" front and back. On the front of the device above the rim we have the fire button which has a translucent on/off icon which lights up during use, the outer surround of the button also lights up, at the bottom on the front we have "aspire" printed centrally. Both sides have square shaped release catches to release the pod, these catches have texturing and a Silver rim, on one side below the catch we have the micro USB port. The Back of the device matches the front minus the fire button and with "Nautilus AIO" printed at the bottom centrally, the base of the device has good venting. The top of the device is the pod which has a comfortably shaped Black mouthpiece and the main body of the tinted translucent pod visible so you can see your juice level without needing to remove the pod. The device is very ergonomic and pocket friendly. The device does come with a dust cap fitted and it fits very well but it doesn't fit on the bottom of the device while vaping so no doubt it will end up going to dust cap heaven to see his friends.

Nautilus AIO Specs and Features:

Size: 37 x 21 x 87.5mm
Capacity: 2ml(TPD Edition)/4.5ml(Standard Edition)
Battery: Built-in 1000mAh
Output Wattage: 12W
Coil: Nautilus 1.8ohm BVC coil
Compact and ergonomic design
4.5ml/2ml cartridge and built-in 1000mAh battery
Famous Nautilus 1.8ohm BVC coil
Adjustable airflow to suit various vaping preference
Easy bottom refilling design with generous filling hole
Colours: Red, Silver, Purple, Blue, Jade, Black

The Two Coils

The Kit comes with two different Nautilus BVC coils both of which are 1.8ohm resistance. One is the regular Nautilus coil which seems to of been around forever which is rated between 10w and 14w, although it makes no difference with this device i have found these coils to be far more flexible, in the past i have used them at 17W on my Triton Mini and my wife uses them at just 8W on her K1. The other coil is the new Nic salts BVC coil which has a rating between 10w and 12w, i don't use nic salts or high vg but what i did notice with this coil is it has 2 wicking holes the same size has the regular coil and 2 much larger wick holes and can confirm after trying this coil allows the use of high VG liquid.

The Pod

The Pod has a nice comfortable shaped mouthpiece, but all the action is on the underside of the pod. On the device there is two release catches (one either side) that need pressing and the pod releases and out she comes, on the underside we have both the airflow control ring and fill port which is sealed by a Orange removable bung. The airflow ring has good adjustabilty and is a narrow slot with stopper, when you turn it to where it stops you keep turning with a bit more force to unscrew from the pod which will also remove the coil if one is fitted. The airflow control ring is similar to the base of a very small MTL tank and you screw your coil into it before screwing back into the pod. To the side on the bottom we have a removable Orange bung which reveals a reasonable sized fill port but no air release hole so if you are not using a needle nose bottle to fill steady as she goes else it can be a bit messy. Once your coil is in place and the pod has been filled (Standard version 4.5ml, EU version 2ml) the pod can be slotted back into the device, it clicks in place very securely. The pod is tinted Black but is very translucent so there is no issues with seeing your juice level.

Using The Device

The Nautilus has a physical fire button which is also used to switch the device on and off which is the usual 5 clicks. The device is a direct output device so you can't adjust your wattage you simply vape. The device has battery status indication which is as follows, above 3.8v the fire button icon will light Purple, between 3.5v and 3.8v the icon will light blue and when the battery is below 3.5v it will light Orange (through out the manual and on Aspires website it refers to it lighting or flashing Blue and Orange together, Blue and finally Orange but to me the Blue and Orange together simply looks Purple so that is what i will refer to). The device also has all the usual safety features that are indicated by different amounts of flashes in different colours, i won't go through all the different flashes for each feature but the protections are Automatic cutoff (after 10 secs), Short circuit protection, Low voltage protection, Overcharge protection and Over heating protection.

My Experience Using the Device

By choice i use a regulated device with an RTA or RDA using a squonker so i don't personally use pod or AIO devices but i can still remember first coming off the ciggies and yes i know many long time vapers use this kind of device but this kind of device is ideal and will be used by many new vapers and i can still give an opinion as i do review a lot of pod systems so i have a good comparison base. The Nautilus in my opinion is very good and really can't make my mind up which is best between this and the Innokin EQ. It is very definitely a MTL vape and you can adjust the draw right from super tight to a very airy MTL draw. The flavour is what mainly stands out with the Nautilus and the EQ over other similar devices i have used and both have coils with good longevity. Although i don't tend to use this sort of device i do occasionally use the EQ and would occasionally use this but Unfortunately for me my wife loves the device even more than me and is now using it as her out and about device. With it being a direct output device you will get a drop off in power but it was so gradual i really didn't notice, the 1000mAh battery lasts all day and it supports 1A charging.

Pros

Aesthetically really nice
Good choice of colours
Pod clicks securely in place
Release catches work very nicely
Ergonomic
Pocket friendly
Mouthpiece comfortable
Refillable
Replaceable coil
Nautilus coils
Adjustable bottom airflow
4.5ml capacity (standard version) 2ml (EU version)
Great flavour
Coil longevity
Battery status indication
Good battery life

Cons

Can be a bit messy filling
Need to take out pod to adjust airflow
Battery indication could be a bit better
What do i do with the cap?
Direct output (power reduces with battery life but i didn't notice)

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Aspire Nautilus AIO Starter Kit 1000mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-aspire...13097.html

Back