Aspire Skystar 210W Touch Screen TC Kit with Revvo Tank

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Skystar 210W Touch Screen TC Kit with Revvo Tank from Aspire. The Skystar 210W Touch Screen TC Kit with Revvo Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Megan from Everzon.

https://www.everzon.com/aspire-skystar-2...-tank.html

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1x Aspire Skystar MOD
1x Revvo Tank - 3.6ml
1x ARC Coil(Pre-installed)
1x Extra ARC Coil
1x Replacement Glass Tube
1x Protective Silicone Cap
10x Orings
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual

EU Edition

1x Aspire Skystar MOD
1x Revvo Tank - 2ml
1x ARC Coil(Pre-installed)
1x Extra ARC Coil
1x Replacement Glass Tube
1x Protective Silicone Cap
10x Orings
1x USB Cable
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

When i saw the pictures of this device i couldn't make my mind up if i liked it aesthetically or not but after receiving the Slate Blue version i am sold. The kit comes in typical aspire cardboard packaging with the Skystar on the top layer and the Revvo and other included items on the bottom layer. The other colour options are Black Carbon Fiber, Blue Camo, Woodgrain Effect and White, the Slate Blue version i received has a nice design to it. The top, base and sides of the device are metallic Silver, the front and back of the device is in the colour of choice. The front of the device has a central rectangular section which has a metallic protruding edge. The top of this section is a rectangular fire button, the rest has a glass cover which has a section at the bottom cut to house the micro USB port, in the centre behind the glass sits the 1.3" touch screen. The back of the device is mainly just the Slate Blue design but does have "aspire" printed central top, the bottom of the device has etched branding and safety stamps. The top of the device is stepped and tapered, on the very top we have a central 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device is a bit larger than an average duel 18650 device but it's rounded shape make it very ergonomically friendly unless you have very small hands.

Revvo Tank Specs and Features:

Size: 24 x 45mm/ 24 x 41mm (EU)
Capacity: 3.6ml/2ml (EU Edition)
Coil: 0.1-0.16ohm (50-100W, best 80-85W)
New Aspire Radial Coil (ARC) technology
Easy top press fill system
Adjustable top airflow
New added protective cap
Optional 3.6ml and 2ml
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Stainless Steel, Chrome, Black, Blue, Rainbow

Revvo Tank Overview

Revvo Design

I found the tank can be taken apart and put back together very easily despite it's unique design. The top section is double walled and has tri adjustable airflow inlets, airflow control ring and a removable drip cap. The base section has a frame to fit your glass onto and has the centre juice feeding pipe attached. Once you fit your glass their is a retaining ring that gets screwed onto the base to secure it in place. Before putting the top section on you slot your coil into the top of the bottom section (it slots into place perfectly with the juice feeding pipe coming through the centre). The coils are very interesting looking, they are disc shaped and look like a stove ring. There is what looks like a mini funnel you now screw over the top of the pipe, this also secures the coil in place. Now the top section can be screwed on. Filling the Revvo is just a matter of putting the nozzle of your juice bottle straight down the centre pipe which opens a valve and the tank fills, with most bottles there will be no need to remove the top cap.

The Airflow and Wicking

The top section has a double wall so the air goes down the cavity and hits the outer perimeter of the coil. Now physics takes over, the air heads towards the centre giving the full surface air coverage, when the air meets in the middle it get's forced upwards. The underside of the coil is packed with cotton and it is relying on the fact that the tilt of the tank when vaping will mean the liquid will come in contact with the cotton and keep it saturated.

Performance

The coils have quite a wide ohm variant, they can be between 0.1ohm and 0.16, however i only used 1 coil but i did fit the other to see what ohm it was and both coils i received were bang on 0.13. They are rated at 50w - 100w but i found them best at 80w which is higher than i would normally vape but that's where i found the sweet spot for flavour. The coils do give very good flavour just a bit down on mesh coils, not outstanding but still better than most stock coils and the cloud was for me just silly. Trying to find the best wattage i started at 50w and even at that wattage the cloud production was ridiculous so if you like clouds you will love this. I only have one issue with the Revvo, and that's the capacity and wicking. I got the 3.6ml version and i found once you used 60% of the liquid the tilt wasn't fully wicking the coil and the vape was dryer so if you don't refill at this point you would start hitting dry hit city. This in real terms brought the 3.6ml capacity down to 2ml because every 2ml you need to top-up, 2ml with all that cloud production doesn't last long, the Revvo is very thirsty. I only mentioned i had the 3.6ml version because i could tolerate it but if i had the 2ml version i would find it too much of a hassle continually topping up my liquid. Aspire do suggest holding your device upside down after every few vapes for a number of seconds but who really would want to take 5 draws followed by holding the mod upside down for 5 seconds continuously, not me that's for sure.

Skystar Specs and Features:

Size: 91 x 50 x 33mm
Power Range: 1W-210W
Display: 1.3-inch touch screen
Output Modes: VW/VV/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,M1,M2,M3)/RTC/BYPASS/CPS(Customized Power Setting)
Temperature Range: 200℉--600℉/100℃--315℃
Battery: Dual 18650 batteries (not included)
Responsive touch screen with easy UI
Real Time Clock(RTC) function
Chargeable with USB cable
Upgradable firmware
Thread: 510
Color: Black Carbon Fiber, Blue Camo, Slate Blue, Woodgrain Effect, White

Fitting the Batteries

Thr Skystar takes duel 18650 batteries which can be fitted by removing the back panel of the device, this is done with the help of a little notch at the base of the device. The battery compartment is neat and tidy and we have a strong (not too long) battery strap. The panel is secured in place by 2 very strong batteries and it reassuringly snaps back into place (very secure). The only issue i have is the same old story Black on Black battery orientation.

Using the Skystar

The skystar is a touch screen device with as already mentioned has a glass cover over the screen, the display is very bright so you can read it outside no problem, once the batteries are fitted the device is on and can be put in and out of stealth mode with 3 clicks of the fire button. The device can also be locked or unlocked with 5 clicks of the fire button and after a set period of time without use the device will go into standby but the device can't actually be turned completely off. To navigate the screen there is three main things to remember, swiping down twice in quick succession enters the menu, swiping up twice in quick succession changes the screen to where you can alter things for the current mode you are on (for example wattage up/down and preheat when in wattage mode and temperature up/down, lock resistance and set wattage when in temp control) finally swiping once sidewards takes you back to the previous screen (if you have altered any settings swiping back will set your new settings). As mentioned 2 swipes downwards enters the menu system which gives the options, modes, data (this gives shortcuts to preheats, TCR memory slots and curves), system, time (this allows you to set the time, choose between analogue or digital clock and set how long you want the clock displayed before the device goes into standby), the last option is about that brings up a QR code to scan to watch videos about the device. Going back to the system option pressing on this brings up the following options, vape time, screen timeout, watch, brightness, language (English or Chinese) and default. Finally going back to the modes option in the menu pressing this brings up the following, wattage, voltage, bypass, TC (pressing this brings up Ni, Ti, SS, M1, M2 and M3), CPS (custom curves, there are three presets that can be altered). The menu flows nicely and the device is very easy to use.

Real Time Information

Not sure if this is unique to the Skystar but i certainly haven't come across it before on any device i have used, but when firing information is constantly being displayed in real time and not static, the voltage, watts and amps are constantly altering to what the device is actually giving you i like this feature a lot and i think most people will.

Performance

I don't have access to data and don't vape in temperature control so this section is simply how the device performed for me. The device as you would expect fires instantly but here i came across a rare con for the device and that's the sunken fire button occasionally had me feeling for it although after a bit of use this became less common, the button is very nice and clicky. The device doesn't seem under-powered with any of the wattage's i vaped at and i used the Skystar with the Revvo, Zeus, Galaxies MTL RTA and the Capstone. Once use to the timing of the double swipe i can't fault the responsiveness of the touch screen it works great and the curves feature works particularly well, loving the real time data being displayed in general but especially when using curves. If you don't like any sort of overhang at all then the Skystar will accommodate up to a 26mm tank without overhang which covers most tanks. The device supports 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable. One last thing to mention because they supply a drip-cap cover that also covers the airflow to fit while not using or travelling i thought i might get leaking issues but i suffered no leaking whatsoever.

Conclusion

I am biased towards a touch screen device, and to date the Skystar is the device i have enjoyed using most in 2018 and i will be putting it into my rotation of devices i use by choice. The Revvo i like just find the constant adding liquid a bit of a pain but some people won't mind this too much.

Pros

High build quality
Very ergonomically friendly
Nice colour options available
Touch screen very responsive
Menu system flows nicely
Real time information
Voltage mode
Temp control
Custom curves
Very bright display
Very well done battery panel
Centre 510
Glass screen
Revvo tank innovative
Quick fill method
Good flavour
Suffered no leaking
Loads of cloud
Supports 2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Tank needs filling option or you get dry hits
Black on Black battery orientation
Sunken fire button at first leaves you feeling for it
Glass screen cover could potentially crack if dropped

I would once again like to thank Megan from Everzon for supplying the Aspire Skystar 210W Touch Screen TC Kit with Revvo Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.everzon.com/aspire-skystar-2...-tank.html

Nice looking setup @Timwis
Thanks for the review!

Back