Asthma and vaping

Scott

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning all.
I recently turned to vaping after many years of heavy smoking and for many years have suffered from medically significant asthma. (Yes I know the obvious response would be what idiot smokes with asthma)!!!! I am interested to hear members' views on whether vaping assists asthma sufferers or could make it worse or has no effect at all. I obviously don't expect medical expertise but as a long term smoker who has seen the light and shifted to vaping I have seen no significant change in my asthma but do conceed the shift to vaping has been just on a month.

Morning all.
I recently turned to vaping after many years of heavy smoking and for many years have suffered from medically significant asthma. (Yes I know the obvious response would be what idiot smokes with asthma)!!!! I am interested to hear members' views on whether vaping assists asthma sufferers or could make it worse or has no effect at all. I obviously don't expect medical expertise but as a long term smoker who has seen the light and shifted to vaping I have seen no significant change in my asthma but do conceed the shift to vaping has been just on a month.
Howzit
I am an asthma sufferer and been on chronic meds for the past 12 years. When i was on stinkies I had daily attacks and landed up in hospital at least once a year, the last time was 2 weeks in ICU
Since i switched to vaping, ive cut down on my asthma meds to a third and the only attack ive had in all these years was when i had bronchitus last year

HI @Scott I also have asthma and used to smoke like a packet a day , my pump would last like a week if even so long, would take 8 cortisone tabs a day , i started vaping a month or so ago and quick smoking, and let me tell you, i last had to buy a pump maybe 3 weeks ago, I can feel the diff and it feels great. I don't even use my preventative anymore... The vape did not affect my asthma at all.

@Scott what you need to bear in mind is that it will take some time for your lungs to recover, took me about 2-3 months before i could really feel in difference in my lungs after switching to vaping

Well i suffer from asthma and i was a smoker too. so you're not the only idiot man.

In terms of vaping and asthma i started seeing some improvement around the 2nd month, where i was able to breath a bit better and where cigarretes would sometimes close my chest up i find vaping doesnt do that, my pump hasnt been used in probably 4 months

Howzit
I am an asthma sufferer and been on chronic meds for the past 12 years. When i was on stinkies I had daily attacks and landed up in hospital at least once a year, the last time was 2 weeks in ICU
Since i switched to vaping, ive cut down on my asthma meds to a third and the only attack ive had in all these years was when i had bronchitus last year
Thanks really good news to hear. My wife is adamant she can hear a difference in my chest edpecially when I dleep. I am sticking to my vape and will continue to monitor the change.

Sorry about spelling in last post.
Thanks really good news to hear. My wife is adamant she can hear a difference in my chest edpecially when I dleep. I am sticking to my vape and will continue to monitor the change.

I suffer from asthma, still heavy on my pump and meds, but I start vaping at around 9am until 6 or 7 pm, then I stop, try to stay away from the stinkies, but definitely vaping helps with improving my lungs, I breathe better during the day, but as soon as the sun sets, all hell breaks loose, my chest starts closing up, shortness of breath, mucus building up, every morning I wake up, I wait a couple of hours before I start vaping, if I dont the first hit closes my lungs and then im done for the day

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I suffer from asthma, still heavy on my pump and meds, but I start vaping at around 9am until 6 or 7 pm, then I stop, try to stay away from the stinkies, but definitely vaping helps with improving my lungs, I breathe better during the day, but as soon as the sun sets, all hell breaks loose, my chest starts closing up, shortness of breath, mucus building up, every morning I wake up, I wait a couple of hours before I start vaping, if I dont the first hit closes my lungs and then im done for the day

Hell that sounds rough. Keep up the vaping though and try wean yourself off the stinkies. These are the true asthma vampires. (Says me also weaning myself off stinkies). I have found that vaping menthol blends has significantly eased my asthma. Good luck we all supporting you.

Hell that sounds rough. Keep up the vaping though and try wean yourself off the stinkies. These are the true asthma vampires. (Says me also weaning myself off stinkies). I have found that vaping menthol blends has significantly eased my asthma. Good luck we all supporting you.
I haven't tried a menthol before, think I should give it a go thank you man

Back