Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
As you may have seen the all new gCeramic from Atom arrived today... they are now 0.5Ω and they say they run from 25 to 100 watts!

After the disastrous launch (and the beginning of lots of pain and anguish) of their first ceramic offering I wasn't that excited to try these... but with the ceramic wars at full tilt and having had an apology direct from Atom on their first offering I decided to give them a go.

Chicken Dinner my peeps! These work pretty well and are simple to prime and work as we had hoped in the first place... I'm not sure I would run them at 100 watts but at 35 watts they are pretty damn good!

Bottom line... if you don't yet have a Target, Gemini cCell or Cerabis and want to play with Ceramic coils and you have a SubTank then you are in luck!

AtomgCeramic.JPG

The problem for me is most 0.5 ohm coils seem to be on the airy side, may be it will be fine in the subtank or may be it won't.
:)
Dave

The problem for me is most 0.5 ohm coils seem to be on the airy side, may be it will be fine in the subtank or may be it won't.
:)

@DaveH this one isn't too airy... it's very similar to the gClapton... I would actually prefer it with a little more airflow but I guess it is now an option for the MTL and slightly restricted Lung hitters.

Just got a pack of the updated gCeramic 0.5 ohm.
Going to try it out over the next week and see how it compares to the Cerabis

@Rob Fisher is there a break in time for them?
@Cerberus, I insert my coil, fill the tank, let it stand overnight, 50 watts and still going strong. On my 6th tank and enjoying every moment.

Just got a pack of the updated gCeramic 0.5 ohm.
Going to try it out over the next week and see how it compares to the Cerabis

@Rob Fisher is there a break in time for them?

They work pretty much from the get go but you will get an OK flavour... but not close to the cCell 0.9 Coil.

The gCeramics need to be driven really hard... they are rated 25watts to 100 watts on the box... personally I drive them at 50 watts. But I have given up on pretty much all ceramics because nothing comes close to the Vaporesso cCell 0.9Ω Kanthal coil. The cCell can be used in a Target, Gemini and both versions of the Melo III tank. For a hassle free outstanding vape get the Melo III 4ml tank. At R400 it's a chicken dinner!
MeloIIIcCell 001.JPG

Appreciate it sir.
Could you recommend a supplier where I can get a fresh updated batch of cCells?
I bought a pack a month ago and every coil was a dud. Black gunk from the coil, burnt taste.
What would be the ideal wattage range for the ?

Appreciate it sir.
Could you recommend a supplier where I can get a fresh updated batch of cCells?
I bought a pack a month ago and every coil was a dud. Black gunk from the coil, burnt taste.
What would be the ideal wattage range for the ?
@Cerberus to be honest I followed the work of Rob with great interest, he is like my mentor. I hesitated to enter the ceramic scene, because my Reo's suited my needs in every way. The only reason I didn't invest in cCell coils is......duds. I know the flavour is outstanding, but to pay R70 for dud, not nice, occasional dry hits not nice, airlocks not nice, and all the mentioned problems occur world wide. The best results I read were when buying a Vaporesso tank and the original coil in the box. Now back to the Kangertech scene, o yes there is also some duds, but not nearly so much. The flavour is way better than with a standard coil, being a squonker 90 percent of the time, I am very impressed to say the least. And o yes before I forget nooo leaking, I love it.

Back