Avo 24 wicking

GerritVisagie

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
So today marks a tremendous occasion in my life with miss Avo24
Ive got the wicking right to a point where the flavour is good. We'll, 100% better than when I started.

If anyone else is caught in the struggle, here what I did.

Took some cotton bacon, stretched and flattened it out, then rolled it (Scottish roll style).
Then, I placed my coils up high so the airflow hits it closer to the bottom of the coil, rather than the middle.
And finally, I cut the cotton short enough so it just goes into the holes... You shouldn't be able to see the cotton through the glass.

So chuffed right now!!

Anyone else have a better way??
I'm all about the flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also went through some highs and lows with the avo but have cracked it now. This is my go to rdta and love it.

I place my coils as close to the air holes as possible and also high, when I look through the air holes I want to just see the bottom of the coil. I tried placing it close to the centre and it was just a flavourless vape for me.

Also before I put the wick into the holes I flatten (gently) somewhat like a bow tie and cut both sides and fluf again before inserting. I tried the scottish roll and it's ok but I prefer to just stretch it out as you would do for the scottish roll, but instead of rolling it up I pull it slighly apart (for more fluf) and then very gently get it into form to get through the coil. I dont even roll it as I want the centre to be as fluffed up as possible. I only compress the end to get it through the coil. The fluffier the wick is the better the juice flow, or at least for me in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice.
So far, it seems we do pretty much the same.
I also figured the more fluffy, the better
How far into the tank do you take your wicks?

Just barely, about 2-3mm's into the holes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So today marks a tremendous occasion in my life with miss Avo24
Ive got the wicking right to a point where the flavour is good. We'll, 100% better than when I started.

If anyone else is caught in the struggle, here what I did.

Took some cotton bacon, stretched and flattened it out, then rolled it (Scottish roll style).
Then, I placed my coils up high so the airflow hits it closer to the bottom of the coil, rather than the middle.
And finally, I cut the cotton short enough so it just goes into the holes... You shouldn't be able to see the cotton through the glass.

So chuffed right now!!

Anyone else have a better way??
I'm all about the flavour.

:thumbsup:
That's about how I've wicked all 6 of my Avo's since after the first builds in the first two following the hyped method. Big dual coils mounted higher in both the Genesis' and 24's, pulled and rolled wicks, I short wick them and do not groom the wicks. My Avo's are THE quintessential flavor machines out of all the tanks bought for my TC mods!

I have to say, this little endeavor was very rewarding.
Thanx gents for your inputs.

Having fun with this little number in my avo22 at the moment...
DSC_0358~2.JPG
Dual coil, 12 wrap, 2.5 ID, Ni80. Comes in at 0.34 ohm

Airflow runs right between the 2 coils. Regular medical grade boiled cotton ball wick fluffed up and gently shaped into sausages for wicking. Tails slightly trimmed and just peaking into tank.

First time trying this after seeing it done here. It's working the business

i keep my wick long, i just literally cut 50% of the tails away before i place them down the holes, so my wick is half the thickens of what is in the coils itself. no leaking, no dry hits... ever!

i keep my wick long, i just literally cut 50% of the tails away before i place them down the holes, so my wick is half the thickens of what is in the coils itself. no leaking, no dry hits... ever!

And flavour?

flavour is good man, i will however try the higher coil, i always had it in the middle or low, so next build i will try the hight at just above the air slot

Having fun with this little number in my avo22 at the moment...
View attachment 72402
Dual coil, 12 wrap, 2.5 ID, Ni80. Comes in at 0.34 ohm

Airflow runs right between the 2 coils. Regular medical grade boiled cotton ball wick fluffed up and gently shaped into sausages for wicking. Tails slightly trimmed and just peaking into tank.

First time trying this after seeing it done here. It's working the business

Great picture. That's how I mounted the quad coils in one of my Avo G's.

Ooooh! Gonna try the quad version on my next build. The flavour on this dual is amazing. Wonder how it will fare with quads. Btw, if you are running quads, how do you refill?

Please always pay heed to battery safety with any build.

My currant Avo G quad build is 4X24N80 that comes in at 0.15Ω. The flavor is very good with the DIY joose I am running in it.

I use 14ga BluntTip Luer Lock 30ml LDPE bottles to refill tanks, so wicking is not an issue at all when refilling.

Back