Backgammon

Used to keep a board in my car and play wherever I ended up :dancer2:

Have never played this game, ever.

Have never played this game, ever.
It's quite simple. Move all your pieces to the opponents starting position and pick up your pieces to win.
If your opponent gets there first he wins.

Your opponent can reset a piece of yours if it's unprotected I. E. a single piece.

There is a bit of planning and strategy involved but ultimately it's dependant on the luck of your dice throws.

Only on a board!
Ah, I used to, but then I moved, my circle of friends changed and the new group didn't play BG. Now I play online and actually I prefer it. One just has to switch off the chat, because some people are vary bad losers and make the most horrendous comments!

Ah, I used to, but then I moved, my circle of friends changed and the new group didn't play BG. Now I play online and actually I prefer it. One just has to switch off the chat, because some people are vary bad losers and make the most horrendous comments!
Android app suggestions ? I'm not the greatest player, but apparently my style is too aggressive for my wife and daughters liking :-@

Keen to have a go...

Android app suggestions ? I'm not the greatest player, but apparently my style is too aggressive for my wife and daughters liking :-@

Keen to have a go...
Ah... another BG peep! Perhaps your wife and daughter are too passive? I don't know about an app as I don't play on my phone - a laptop is much easier to play on I would think.

Used to keep a board in my car and play wherever I ended up :dancer2:
That must have been great! Nowadays there aren't many people who play. I wonder what happened? I guess it just isn't the game of the day anymore.

Back