Bakers Flavors (BF)... who stocks them?

CJB85

Enthusiastically Clueless
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I want to mix a recipe (Raven) that has Bakers Flavors (BF) Chocolate Truffle in it.
Does anyone know who in SA stocks these? I couldn't find anything on Blck, Flavourworld or VapeHyper.

I would also be very grateful if anyone could advise if there is a suitable sub for this flavour, if it is not available here in SA?

@StompieZA @Andre @Rude Rudi

Hi guys

I want to mix a recipe (Raven) that has Bakers Flavors (BF) Chocolate Truffle in it.
Does anyone know who in SA stocks these? I couldn't find anything on Blck, Flavourworld or VapeHyper.

I would also be very grateful if anyone could advise if there is a suitable sub for this flavour, if it is not available here in SA?

@StompieZA @Andre @Rude Rudi

Hey bud,

Havent used BF flavors yet so cannot really assist.

Perhaps sub it using a different highly rated chocolate, perhaps JF Milk Chocolate or something else.

Hey @CJB85 - hope you're well man... FLV Chocolate Deutsch sounds like the closest flavour in writing. Can't speak from experience but yeah...

CHOCOLATE FT. CONCRETE RIVER [ NOTED: EP. 73 ]

Bakers Flavors Chocolate Truffle
Dry, but a really good chocolate, just hard to get ahold of. There is the chance of a slight coconut off note.

FLV Chocolate Deutch
Great chocolate note, great cake note, good coconut note. One of the better chocolates, and can be used even as a single flavor chocolate.

Hey @CJB85 - hope you're well man... FLV Chocolate Deutsch sounds like the closest flavour in writing. Can't speak from experience but yeah...

Dry, but a really good chocolate, just hard to get ahold of. There is the chance of a slight coconut off note.

FLV Chocolate Deutch
Great chocolate note, great cake note, good coconut note. One of the better chocolates, and can be used even as a single flavor chocolate.

Sounds like you've improved the recipe. Just that some might not like coconut.

FLV Chocolate Deutch
Ding ding ding!
Thanks @takatatak , definitely giving this a bash. I haven't tasted the liquid before, so luckily don't have anything to compare to!

FLV Chocolate Deutch

I've no experience with the BF Chocolate truffle but Chocolate Deutch is a monster to get right. A fraction too much and it kills a mix. I would go with something more forgiving like Chocolate Chunks (WF) at about 2,5% in that Raven recipe.

I've no experience with the BF Chocolate truffle but Chocolate Deutch is a monster to get right. A fraction too much and it kills a mix. I would go with something more forgiving like Chocolate Chunks (WF) at about 2,5% in that Raven recipe.

But it is supposed to be used very low here. And I reckon that mix calls for some hidden cakey-ness. 2.5%? Is the Concentrate weak? Otherwise, some choc + cakey, but very little as the recipe calls for. Just what I would do, I don't use recipes...

But it is supposed to be used very low here. And I reckon that mix calls for some hidden cakey-ness. 2.5%? Is the Concentrate weak? Otherwise, some choc + cakey, but very little as the recipe calls for. Just what I would do, I don't use recipes...

I had a look and the average % for the Truffle and Deutsch are similar, going to give the Deutsch a bash at 0.5 and see where I end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BF is a Russian company, very difficult to deal with. I have some but I'm not sure it's worth your hassle to get it.
Truffle is a great flavor, dark and quite rich.
I agree with concrete's notes but the BF has much less of a coconut taste than the deutsch, but the 2 do share a similar richness. Loads of diacetyl.
Strength wise the 2 are very similar, so deutsch should be a good sub, except for the prominent coconut, but that might end up being a good thing.

Tested a little yet? :)

So, how was Raven with the subbed chocolate? :rolleyes:
I have nothing to compare to, but I went with Deutsch as a sub. I totaled the two chocolates (Aus and Deutsch) l, then divided them equally. I finished 60ml in two days, I loved it.

Back