Basic DIY not working out for me, Help please

DanTheMan

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys, DIYnoob here

Having some trouble with the hole DIY thing and i dont know who to ask without feeling shameful.
Anyway,

I made a one flavour mix the 22nd August. Recipe as follow:
70/30 VG/PG ratio
50/50 VG/PG Nicotine
10% Condensed milk flavour

I Gave it 3 hot water baths and breathed it for 36 hours in 12 hour intervals (lets say, every 3rd day).
This is steeping for 2 weeks now and no success.
It smells absolutely great but burns my throat and tastes like giving up with a hint of :swear:.

I made another flavour more than a month ago and it also tastes like:WHAT?: (Cant remember the recipe).

Should i be patient with the steeping process or should i be able to taste something now, what am i doing wrong.

Thanks for the help :)

How much nicotine did you put in? How much did you make and what is the percentage of the nicotine?

I wouldn't use condensed milk on its own in a juice. I'd used it minimal with other dessert type flavors. It's a bit harsh at 10% on its own.

70/30 VG/PG ratio
50/50 VG/PG Nicotine

Please help me understand the Nic you mention. What is the final strength you want and what did you start with?
I only use 36mg/ml in PG Nic to get a 6mg/ml juice.

Hi guys, DIYnoob here

Having some trouble with the hole DIY thing and i dont know who to ask without feeling shameful.
Anyway,

70/30 VG/PG ratio
50/50 VG/PG Nicotine

I Gave it 3 hot water baths and breathed it for 36 hours in 12 hour intervals (lets say, every 3rd day).
It smells absolutely great but burns my throat and tastes like giving up with a hint of :swear:.

I made another flavour more than a month ago and it also tastes like:WHAT?: (Cant remember the recipe).

Should i be patient with the steeping process or should i be able to taste something now, what am i doing wrong.

This may sound like a stupid, stupid question but what watts are you vaping on

I found that with higher watts on my 0.6 ohm build creams taste burnt and disgusting and need to tone the watts

The other thing is sometimes flavours dont work on there own especially some creams and milks..its used to define flavour profiles rather than create them

Maybe try a condensed milk and pistachio where the pistachio is the main flavour and the condensed milks adds depth

Last advise..start off with tested recipes to get the confidence factor...thats what I did...e-liquid-recipes.com create your flavour stash and then click what can i make

Dont blame your DIY skills and dont give up

Also, what brand of condensed milk is it? If it's Flavour Art or Clyrolinx, 10% is waaaaaaay too much.

Well id depends on the type of "burn" you are getting. Normally if it is to much and it feels like your lungs and throat hit is to much generally speaking its nicotine. If it just tastes burned it can be that you over flavoured.

@zadiac @SAVaper
Thanks guys, received your help in 2 minutes, love this forum

I dont mix the condensed milk with anything because i would have loved the pure condensed milk taste (addict)

The Nic is a 50 vg 50 pc ratio.
36mg streangth and end result was a 3mg
I made a 10ml batch to start things out.

Mix below:
0.4ml VG nic
0.4ml PG nic
6.6ml VG Base
2.6ml PG Base
1ml condensed milk

it smells soo good though :(

@incredible_hullk
Settings as follows:
2 seconds on 60 watt
then it switches to 250C TC with a wattage of 48 (not sure how to change this). Using fuchai 213 with AVO 24
I don't think that i understand everything (Anything) about vaping yet but flavours i buy tastes good.

I assume you are referring to the Clyrolinx condensed milk? If so, the recommended % is about 3%

I believe it would be Clyrolinx, im pretty good at Diying and only smoke my own, i have one premium juice in my collection,but the clyrolinx i bought is hitting the throut like a mofo, i went down , then way down on the % kept getting the prob. Bought Cappellas and boom!!!! got my flavour back.

To change the watts in TC mode...hold down the up and fire button and it asks you for preheat watts...that is the same watts you will vape under TC mode

As far as I know and my 213 does the same you cant have a preheat watts and actual watts under usage

If there is a way pls let me know

@PsiSan @RichJB
The brand is from vapowave (cheapest). R30 :worried:

The burn im getting is a harsh throut hit but as the calculator said, its supposed to be 3mg nic.
this is with all my flavours so it must be something im doing wrong.

i made about 6 flavours and only one worked out TFC butterscotch, but i didnt keep notes...... no0o0b.

mmmm, everyone seems to think you using to much NIC, but it could be that you using to much PG - because essentially after adding nic to your base mix of PG/VG it is still 70/30 but after you add the condensed milk it is not 70/30 anymore.

PG can also make a harsher throat hit. Maybe try less condensed milk as well, it may solve your problem. If i were you get a fruit flavour and mix that up it will be a win man, trust me. Just hang in there DIY is :h: and once you get that first awesome recipe that works you wont turn back.

Hi guys, DIYnoob here

Anyway,

70/30 VG/PG ratio
50/50 VG/PG Nicotine

I feel you @DanTheMan, Took me a whole 2 months to make my first good DIY juice. I don't want to be negative towards Vapeowave (always have great service from them) , but I just don't like their house brand juices. When you are just starting out, maybe you ought to try to stick to some of the major international houses, TFA,FA,CAP,FW,INW etc etc

the end result is actually 70/30 and that should be fine ?

@jdq "If so, the recommended % is about 3%"
Is there any way to see what the recommended % should be or is it just trail and error.
I'm doing lots and lots of trail but only getting errors.

I have never tried vapeowave. So cant comment on their concentrates. Also how do you keep your nic? And remember to take notes :think::rofl:

@DanTheMan, this is the downside of mixing with less well known and local flavours - not enough people have tried them to establish a good starting percentage. With Vapeowave, I would start at around 5%. I did their Peanut Butter at 10% and it was quite strong. It's easier to have a weak mix which you can add more flavour to than an overpoweringly strong/chemical/perfume mix that you have to dilute with more nic, VG and PG.

Also, be aware that economy in flavours is about more than the cost of the 10ml bottle. Flavour Art (FA) flavourings are loved throughout the DIY world, there is loads of information and recipes on FA, and you generally need 3% or less of FA flavours. With some other flavour brands, you need 12% of the flavour to get the same strength as FA. That is four times as much. You can get 10ml FA flavours for R40. So you would need to be paying R10 for the weaker flavour brand in order to get the same bang for buck.

I also had good success with pirates grog and clyrolinx. The thing is you still need to fill out the flavours. I do own TFA condensed milk and works wonders in bakery recipes. Wont reccomend it as a stand alone. Maybe post your flavour stash and we can bang you out somethng else.

@Khan83 maybe you can help this young fellow DIY-er out, I know you've used there concentrates before.

I 've tasted Vapeowave's condensed milk on its's own at 4% and it was real good, FA's condensed milk, not good on it's own but really good in a mix so I would ad some VG and PG and throw it in a baby bottle warmer at 40 degrees celcius for 3 hours for a quick steep. Just my 2 cents, as I've tasted Vapeowave's condensed milk before and know it's really good on it's own. Good luck

@PsiSan @RichJB
The brand is from vapowave (cheapest). R30 :worried:

The burn im getting is a harsh throut hit but as the calculator said, its supposed to be 3mg nic.
this is with all my flavours so it must be something im doing wrong.

i made about 6 flavours and only one worked out TFC butterscotch, but i didnt keep notes...... no0o0b.

Another ( likely silly ) question. Did you shake the crap out of your nicotine before using ? Hotspots can happen

Back