Battery life on the "Rolo" RX200

Okay awesome thanks @Christos. The biggest problem I'm having is that my phone battery is dying quicker than vape battery!

Okay awesome thanks @Christos. The biggest problem I'm having is that my phone battery is dying quicker than vape battery!
Same issue here. On 28% battery but I use the forum almost exclusively from my cell phone so I know what the drain is from.

A contrast for you guys.

I'm running 3 X LG HE2's (2431mah per cell apparently) in my Rolo DNA200.

I get about 25ml's on a charge. (Gone through 5 or 6 cycles of this)

Running my Mutilator with a dual 22AWG build at 72.5W.

Guys this thread is for the Reuleaux RX200 not the DNA200. The boards on these mods are very different and therefore the battery life will be different.

Guys this thread is for the Reuleaux RX200 not the DNA200. The boards on these mods are very different and therefore the battery life will be different.

My humble apologies.
But it is useful for you guys to see what other triple series 18650 mods get (seeing as there aren't exactly a ton of them floating around).
I mean whats the point of life without yard sticks?

However, if my post gets up the majorities noses, then please mods delete my posts.

I ran the RX together with the Crown RTA last weekend. This atty takes juice like a V8.... so, I vaped throughout the day about 4 tanks of juice, but not filled to the rim (I would estimate a total of 16ml) and the batt was not completely flat by then ....but charged them overnight again.
Using 3 married VTC5 in the RX, have charged them 3 times so far. Running the Crown with NI200 coils, 0.15 ohms, at 60W and 240 degrees.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T530 mit Tapatalk

My humble apologies.
But it is useful for you guys to see what other triple series 18650 mods get (seeing as there aren't exactly a ton of them floating around).
I mean whats the point of life without yard sticks?

However, if my post gets up the majorities noses, then please mods delete my posts.
I have no issue with your post, however i would prefer if it didn't become a DNA200 battery life thread.

So both the rolo rx200 and DNA 200 need to have 3x 18650 batteries....

If you put in 3 different batteries in terms of make, mah and amp limit. (So a Vtc, efest and a tesi) and all are fully charged the mod will work. It will fire without giving you errors.

Once the batteries start to discharge then you will start to get errors about unbalanced batteries

In the DNA200 you start to have some funnies going on with your battery percentage. You on 0% battery life and can still hit the mod at 100w. The DNA200 board picks up the unbalanced battery a lot faster than the rx200 and if your in the monitor then you can see them discharging unevenly!

Is this safe ???

Not at all!!!

So both the rolo rx200 and DNA 200 need to have 3x 18650 batteries....

If you put in 3 different batteries in terms of make, mah and amp limit. (So a Vtc, efest and a tesi) and all are fully charged the mod will work. It will fire without giving you errors.

Once the batteries start to discharge then you will start to get errors about unbalanced batteries

In the DNA200 you start to have some funnies going on with your battery percentage. You on 0% battery life and can still hit the mod at 100w. The DNA200 board picks up the unbalanced battery a lot faster than the rx200 and if your in the monitor then you can see them discharging unevenly!

Is this safe ???

Not at all!!!

OK, maybe you can answer a question then. I've seen lots of issues where RX200 guys have a big difference between their batteries like greater than 0.05V, where as on the DNA side it seems more or less constantly within 0.01V is that just down to better battery monitoring?

if that is the case, might it not be prudent for RX owners to avoid charging the batteries in the mod?

OK, maybe you can answer a question then. I've seen lots of issues where RX200 guys have a big difference between their batteries like greater than 0.05V, where as on the DNA side it seems more or less constantly within 0.01V is that just down to better battery monitoring?

if that is the case, might it not be prudent for RX owners to avoid charging the batteries in the mod?

Rx readings as way off compared to battery charger or multimeter.

So I tried the USB charging to test it out. Left the mod overnight (in the garage) and it was fully charged when I left for work.

I got less battery life out of a full charge than I normally get out of the dedicated charger!

I usually swap batteries in the rx on day 2 but I had to swap them out the same evening.

Rx readings as way off compared to battery charger or multimeter.

So I tried the USB charging to test it out. Left the mod overnight (in the garage) and it was fully charged when I left for work.

I got less battery life out of a full charge than I normally get out of the dedicated charger!

I usually swap batteries in the rx on day 2 but I had to swap them out the same evening.

Maybe rotating the batteries around before charging via USB would help? seeing as one battery always gets a little more depleted than the other 2, might it not also be the case that one battery gets slightly less charge than the other 2?

I have no issue with your post, however i would prefer if it didn't become a DNA200 battery life thread.
is not a 3 battery mod (at this stage) a 3 battery mod. Rx or Dna is the same as far as battery is concerned. charge cycle and marriage of batteries the same?? I have learnt a lot from the thread. thanks for the input

I have a rx200 running gringes, single clapton 0.65Ω. @ 40w/5.1V. I run though about 21ml before batts are depleted.

dual coil vs single coil and power usage:
If you run dual coil and your build comes out to 0.5Ω it will use exactly the same as running a single coil @ 0.5Ω.
The batteries discharge is solely dependent on the current being drawn. single/dual won't make a difference unless the resistance is different.
Remember the basics P = I x V and V = I x R.

Battery ratings:
Battery ratings are based on how much current it can supply continuously for 1 hour. so 2500mah can provide 2.5A continuously for 1 hour.
Running mismatched is a major hazard. If your mods protection circuits are rubbish you most probably will say bye-bye to something.

Comparing the DNA to the RX200
. The most obvious reason I can think of why the DNA lasts longer than the RX200 is that the DNA's Buck converter is way more efficient that the RX200's. That is completely dependent on the quality of components as well as the circuit design used for their converters. If you run both the mods at their ideal voltage we probably won't see the difference in battery life.

Maybe rotating the batteries around before charging via USB would help? seeing as one battery always gets a little more depleted than the other 2, might it not also be the case that one battery gets slightly less charge than the other 2?

Il give it a try tomorrow and report back. Currently all batteries are full charged apart from the sig that I'm using now, so il use the rx200 and DNA200 for the day , rotate and USB charge it and then see what I get

Nothing spectacular in terms of stats that I hold however I vape to work and back from work and that equates to a tank a day (3ml @ 0.20 @ 50W). I had charged my batteries yesterday as it was nearling the low mark for me also around 25% I pop them in. This equates to around 21ml of juice. Running Turds (3000mAh) and loving the battery life.

Nothing spectacular in terms of stats that I hold however I vape to work and back from work and that equates to a tank a day (3ml @ 0.20 @ 50W). I had charged my batteries yesterday as it was nearling the low mark for me also around 25% I pop them in. This equates to around 21ml of juice. Running Turds (3000mAh) and loving the battery life.

Thanks @Soprono - thats quite amazing actually

So you're saying a tank a day for (i presume) 7 days to get to the 21 ml?

Thanks @Soprono - thats quite amazing actually

So you're saying a tank a day for (i presume) 7 days to get to the 21 ml?

Yep Silver, I cannot Vape at work and dont like to take breaks to go and vape either (can head home a hour earlier if I dont). Drive to work is around 30 minutes so I vape betwen that. Im really really impressed with my device to, lovely battery life and have also never dropped the batteries to the point the mod tells me its low (despite the safe measures I just dont). I must be honest I got very good life even on 25R's however sold that mod yesterday with those batteries which had about a 3 charge cycle total so didnt get much stable tests on that.

Back