Best 22mm tank for flavour...?

herb1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey y'all

Looking at upgrading from my Crius to a tank with more flavour but limited to 22mm due to the fact that this tank will be a permanent fixture on my VTC mini.

Recommendations?

For me at this point, I would say the Moonshot. But others might chime in with the Serpent Mini 22mm, which I will suggest aswell.

The Serpent mini is a single coil but with enough space to put in 3mm id parallels to get ohms down. And the Moonshot is tricky to build on, until you get it, then it is fun.

Serpent mini 22 for single coils and the Petri RTA for dual coils aswell as single coils. I have both really enjoy the both of them

Subtank Mini for little clouds (but don't buy one because Kangertech don't play nicely with the other kids), Cerabis 44 for high watt, big clouds commercial coils, Vaporesso Estoc for low watt (and cheap) ceramics!

@herb1 As jou can see, everyone have their favorite. There are more than enough tanks, as mentioned above, that is great for flavor.
The list will grow as more people read the question, at the end of the day you will have a nice long subjective list. You can then decide what looks good to you, since you will have to look at it, and use it, everyday.
IF possible, you should try and test some of them that is the only way to really tell.
You can also narrow your question down a bit if you want to get fewer options, for example,
* Great flavor (already mentioned)
* 22mm (already mentioned)
* Rebuildable, or commercial coils with option for rebuild-able
* Medium to large juice capacity
* should take standard 510 drip-tips

I recently bought a smok baby beast, and I was very surprised with the flavour since I mistly use rda's. Im vaping at the same wattage as I did on my rda's and prefer the 2 coil more than the 8 coil. For the price of R450 it is well worth it.

You can also narrow your question down a bit if you want to get fewer options, for example,
* Great flavor (already mentioned)
* 22mm (already mentioned)
* Rebuildable, or commercial coils with option for rebuild-able Rebuildable (more fun)
* Medium to large juice capacity Medium (for that stubby look)
* should take standard 510 drip-tips ether either or o_O

Reading good things about the Smok Baby Beast as well...

3449086.jpg

I recently bought a smok baby beast, and I was very surprised with the flavour since I mistly use rda's. Im vaping at the same wattage as I did on my rda's and prefer the 2 coil more than the 8 coil. For the price of R450 it is well worth it.
I see the Smok duzn't come with build deck:wondering:

I'll stand up for my unsung hero - the griffin 22. Not as trendy as the serpent mini (yes, I want one) but an ace for flavor.

Plus it holds 3,5ml and is dual coil.

Hi @herb1
I also have the Crius - i think it gives a great vape
Not the most intense or with the most airflow - but i find the flavour on it with some juices is super
Quite accurate in my view with dual thinner gauge wire coils.

Are you lookimg for a tank with more intensity and volume of vapour?
What is your preference with regard to airflow? Do you want a looser draw?
Or just looking for a change?

I dont have much experience with the latest tanks but perhaps the answers to the above will help us advise you further

Serpent mini 22. Just got two today and I love them. Fkrst build and wick with no leaks, no dry hits, better flavor than some rda's I've owned. 3.5mm coils fit easily. Running one on 7 wrap, 24 awg nichrome 80, the other on 8 wrap, 26 awg ss, both 3.5mm. Grrat stuff to me, and e ery bit as good flavor wise as the dual coil SM25. Actually run my SM25 in single coil too.

Hey y'all

Looking at upgrading from my Crius to a tank with more flavour but limited to 22mm due to the fact that this tank will be a permanent fixture on my VTC mini.

Recommendations?
I agree that the Moonshot is a cool little bugger w/ great flavor,but I find myself going back to my Goblin mini more of late,if set up well it delivers a flavorful vape and holds more juice.Got a Petri 22mm RTA on order,Rob seems to like it and well we all trust good ol' Rob!

Hi @herb1
I also have the Crius - i think it gives a great vape
Not the most intense or with the most airflow - but i find the flavour on it with some juices is super
Quite accurate in my view with dual thinner gauge wire coils.

Are you lookimg for a tank with more intensity and volume of vapour?
What is your preference with regard to airflow? Do you want a looser draw?
Or just looking for a change?

I dont have much experience with the latest tanks but perhaps the answers to the above will help us advise you further
More intense flavour (not a cloud chaser or fanatic)
semi-loose draw
fits my vtc mini

I have the Crius, Griffin 22, Tsunami
Looks like I'll be adding the Baby Beast and legendary SM22 to complete the vtc mini's collection...

Serpent Mini 22 or Kayfun V5. IMO the Kayfun V5 has better flavor than the SM22.

I have both so I will give a quick run down of my experiences with them

Serpent Mini 22: 0.5 ohm SS16L
Flavor is great on this little tank. The wicking is slightly tricky initially but not bang-your-head-against-a-wall tricky. There are some very good videos around that show exactly how to wick it just right. Easy enough to fill and I haven't had any leaking issues with it so far. Airflow is perfect for a nice restrictive lung hit.
The only real issue I have with this tank is the small juice capacity. Can be used for MTL quite successfully if you close the airflow holes almost all the way closed.
Build deck is very easy to build on

Kayfun V5: 0.75 ohm NiChrome 80
Flavor is also great on this tank. A bit better than the SM22 IMO. Wicking is easy as can be and very difficult to not get right. The only time I had an issue was with too little cotton, never had a leak from it. The larger juice capacity is why I use it more often than my SM22. There are some things to get used to with the Kayfun, which might be a con to you, there are 4 airflow settings, with 1 being the smallest and perfect for MTL for me, and 4 being the biggest with being a great restrictive hit. The other thing is the way you fill it, you have to close the juice control every time you fill it and open it up again when vaping. I have forgotten a few times and you can burn the coil. Building on it is easy as pie as well.

Both are great 22mm tanks IMO but I prefer and use the Kayfun more often

Last edited:
Back