Best Battery Charger

Jeepers @Dave1 - that was very informative indeed!
Thank you kindly!

Looks like there a battery expert lurking in Durban North that we did not know about!!
This is a very good thing!

I have 3 different makes of doohickey. They all say the same. In addition, when I then transfer a battery just charged on the Efest LUC6 to my Intellicharger, it carries on charging and reads 4.21 on the doohickeys when finished. Yip, think the calibration on the Efest is not right?

Definitely the Efest Luc6 faulty voltage detection circuitry - a decent techie should be able to fix the calibration.

Hi guys

I've been doing some research on batteries and chargers, and really have an interest in them.

I haven't been a believer in the "the lower you charge your battery at, the longer the lifespan will be" story. I've also realised that we don't have the biggest selection of chargers when it comes to 18650/26650/20700/21700 sizes.

I've been reading a lot of HKG and Mooch's reviews. Mooch being recognised as one of the most knowledgeable reviewers of batteries and HKG being the equivalent when it comes to chargers.

I've attached Mooch's charging rate guide, and some batteries can safely be charged at 2A+ safely, I am truely amazed how the Nitecore i2/4 and D2/4 have managed to be the benchmark with max charging rates of 4x 375mAh.

There are great chargers out there like the Xtar Dragon, MiBoxer C2 and C4, and the Opus C3100. All of these packed with features, tried and tested internationally, yet still not available locally.

Not to be left in the dark, Nitecore has come out with a great charger, the SC4. I've seen them at local vendors, and its really a beauty.

Personally, I'm thinking of getting a MiBoxer C4-12. On paper, it really packs a punch with max 4x 3A charging!! Selectable to as low as 200mAh.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 01.png
    01.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 03.png
    03.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 30
Just double check your batteries' C-rating (download the datasheet from manufacturer as vendors seldom supply same) to verify if 3A charging is/not recommended. Note: charging a 2600mA battery with a 1C rating will overheat and the life cycle of same will be reduced, same goes for a 3400mAh battery with a 0.5C rating, but that's just my opinion. PS: batteries will not explode at a 3A constant current charging but the higher internal temperature rise will have a negative impact on its life cycle.

Just double check your batteries' C-rating (download the datasheet from manufacturer as vendors seldom supply same) to verify if 3A charging is/not recommended. Note: charging a 2600mA battery with a 1C rating will overheat and the life cycle of same will be reduced, same goes for a 3400mAh battery with a 0.5C rating, but that's just my opinion. PS: batteries will not explode at a 3A constant current charging but the higher internal temperature rise will have a negative impact on its life cycle.

Thanks @johan

I charge my batteries at a slow pace in the Nitecores - around 0.5A or 375mA
Solution I found is to have more batteries !

I agree with @Silver. I charge all batteries below 0.5A and so far have only killed one in about 4 years. Have enough batteries to not need a 1 hr charge time and they last a long long time

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Back