Best build for MTL vaping

Faiyaz Cheulkar

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Recently bought a siren v2 from @Andre at the vape meet(thanks again for the awesome deal), but I am struggling to get a decent MTL vape.
I am using it with nic salts and trying to get a smooth vape like I get on my aspire breeze. I have never built for MLT before nor I have used a MTL RTA before. What I have tried is 24G kanthal 6 wraps, gave me 1.5 Ohms, used it at 12w . The vape is just making me cough, I guess its because of too little vapour or heat production ? dont know. The vape was fine when I increased the watts to 18 and did a DL hit.
Tagging Siren users I know for their input @MrGSmokeFree @Dietz

I used 30 ID, always used this one not sure if its meant to be used for MTL as all the pod systems an ID of less than 15

I’m no building expert but I’d guess the gauge is too thick and heating up take long at those watts. I use 28g kanthal or ni80 1ohm and 14 watts.

20180926_222326.jpg
Recently bought a siren v2 from @Andre at the vape meet(thanks again for the awesome deal), but I am struggling to get a decent MTL vape.
I am using it with nic salts and trying to get a smooth vape like I get on my aspire breeze. I have never built for MLT before nor I have used a MTL RTA before. What I have tried is 24G kanthal 6 wraps, gave me 1.5 Ohms, used it at 12w . The vape is just making me cough, I guess its because of too little vapour or heat production ? dont know. The vape was fine when I increased the watts to 18 and did a DL hit.
Hi @Faiyaz Cheulkar do you have 26G Kanthal and give this a shot. I never used nic salts in my Siren 2.20180926_220951.jpg

Last edited:
Have to agree with @Flava. You won’t get a good mtl Vape of a thicker gauge wire. Aim for 28g and up wire. I find 2.5mm ID the sweet spot so I don’t have too many wraps.

Alternatively, the Vandy Vape superfine mtl wire is a good option to buy.

more question :), spaced wraps or sticking together and what cotton do u all use??

In my dvarw mtl clone I found the best is 26g nikrothal at 0.8 ohm 2,5 id. Cant remember the wraps. 6mg Red Pill is absolutely bliss at 20w. Tfc cotton all the way.

I tried the mtl fused clapton but it just didn't do it for me as in my billet box.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar , I had a similar problem regarding the best mtl coils.
I got some Ni80 2.5mm 8 wrap 32/40 Baby Aliens from @smilelykumeenit and they work like a charm.
Also, I find that 2.5mm works better than 3mm.

Alternatively, get some Vandy Vape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Ni80 Wire 30G*2+38G - also does a great job.

Smiley`s coils are way too expensive for me so I was trying to get the Vandy vape MTL wire, but couldn't find it anywhere in cape town.

Smiley`s coils are way too expensive for me so I was trying to get the Vandy vape MTL wire, but couldn't find it anywhere in cape town.
hey buddy if you ever come out to Stellenbosch during the week i have roll of MTL superfine you can have

This one
52d6491a9a48f66129946c8939477370.jpg
32f7402a17574e138f40c37846ca5120.jpg

Sent from the abyss

hey buddy if you ever come out to Stellenbosch during the week i have roll of MTL superfine you can have
thanks soo much for the offer really appreciate it. I doubt i will be in stellenbosch during the week, I might come to the Polkadrive strawberry farm this weekend though :)

thanks soo much for the offer really appreciate it. I doubt i will be in stellenbosch during the week, I might come to the Polkadrive strawberry farm this weekend though :)
i'm sure we can make a plan ... i'm in the northern suburbs after hours

@Faiyaz Cheulkar , I can definately also support Superfine MTL fused Clapton hire for the Siren, 2.5 I’d, about 8 wraps to put you in the 0.8 to 1 ohm range, you can experiment with the no of coils to hit the right resistance at 12to 18 Watts, and you can experiment untill you hit the spot. It can take quite a wide coil. With the nicsalts I suppose you will be wanting to use low wattage.

Enjoy the Sren2 it’s a flavour machine.

I tried this, quad twisted kanthal 32g, 25 I'd 11 wraps, came to 1.5 ohms.
Not impressed.
0e052a1c845c97704a56c134f8869f7b.jpg

Sent from aPhone

I use 28 Guage clapton on a 20 id in the dwarw 6 wraps. works a charm comes out to .5 ohm

I had the same problem.
I had flu and recovered but, anything would make me cough.

Back