Best vape store

vabio

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi everyone, brand new to vaping. Got a twisp about 2 months ago. Then when I went on leave the guy at the local vape shop let me test out his rda. Well guess what. Going to get myself a upgrade tomorrow. In pta north at the moment. Any suggestions on good vape shops to visit? O and thinking of getting a sub ohm tank since i am not up to rebuilding just yet.

Hope this choice would help me kick the stinkies.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice @GMS500. Been on the internet and here with reviews on the profile rda and haven't seen any bad reviews. If you don't mind can you copy some links about the mixed reaction you seen? Not that I don't believe you, just would like to go through all the info myself. I am like a sponge

As for other rda's yes i would definitely like to build my own in the very near future. Guess sooner then later I got to take that step.

Was actually looking at the recurve! Was my first choice until I saw the profile

Before I posted this I tried to remember where I heard one of the bigger reviewers mention it specifically. I just can't remember which one it was, may have been Jai Haze, Vaping with Vic, Mike Vapes or someone else. Wish I could remember.:MASSIVEFROWN:

I know it wasn't Rip Trippers because I have not seen him be negative about any product he has reviewed and he loves that profile RDA, especially with the Next Mesh Coils.

If I get a chance to review all the reviews I watched on it I'll come back to you.

But in general, as someone new to vaping, we are glad you are here and would hate to see you go;). And with that, I would very much encourage you to go with what works and not to adventure into a realm of uncertainty. Not sure that you will find too many people here that use Mesh RDA's.

Please understand that I'm not sledging the Profile RDA, I just think you'd be better off trying something a little more run-of-the-mill when you are starting up.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot @GSM500! You guys rock! And never was under any impression that you sledging the profile rda. I will keep my eyes peeled for any negative reviews on it. Don't want to rush into buying anything anyway.

Maybe start a new thread on the profile rda? Maybe there is some users out there on here that can give me more details.

Anyway thank you so much for your patience and effort in trying to help me out. Will keep up with vaping! Day 5 just finished without the stinkies

@vabio I’m surprised the guy at the store did not show you more Squonk devices as they do sell the Vandy Vape Pulse 80w Squonk Mod.

As for the Wotofo Profile RDA it is really good, I just got mine and will say it’s better than the Wotofo Recurve flavour and airflow wise. No dry hits or any issues to report, I am using the 6mm Wotofo Shoelace Cotton designed for the Profile RDA.

It’s not to hard to build being a Mesh RDA but agree with the others that it’s not for beginners.
Thanks Caliguy! Yes i was kinda disappointed. Got the impression that maybe he thought I would be better off with the voopoo drag. So it was like a really quick intro into squonking and just a brief info lesson on that specific mechanical device.

If I knew about the regulated devices I would have gone for that instead.

But not unhappy with what I bought though. Thanks for your info on the profile. Really would love to know if there is more people here using it, and what are their take on it.

For some reason i like the mesh idea. Reason why i bought the freemax mesh pro. Cant wait to test it. Got delivered at my girlfriend's house today. Now another week before I see her! Torture! Wonder if she would be upset if she gets here and I am more concerned about the tank then her

Thanks Caliguy! Yes i was kinda disappointed. Got the impression that maybe he thought I would be better off with the voopoo drag. So it was like a really quick intro into squonking and just a brief info lesson on that specific mechanical device.

If I knew about the regulated devices I would have gone for that instead.

But not unhappy with what I bought though. Thanks for your info on the profile. Really would love to know if there is more people here using it, and what are their take on it.

For some reason i like the mesh idea. Reason why i bought the freemax mesh pro. Cant wait to test it. Got delivered at my girlfriend's house today. Now another week before I see her! Torture! Wonder if she would be upset if she gets here and I am more concerned about the tank then her

PS: if profile is not a good first choice for a newbie like me, what would you recommend?

PS: if profile is not a good first choice for a newbie like me, what would you recommend?

Single coil RDA is the best place to start IMHO. The Wotofo Recurve does everything right. Easy to coil, easy to wick, smooth/quiet airflow, nice flavour.

Plus you have the added benefit of getting the 22mm conversion cap that Wotofo makes for this tank for around R150. The cap is for aesthetic but some say it improves the flavour, I taste no difference. They also have the Profile RDA 22mm conversion cap.

Can you tell I’m a Wotofo fanboy ;)

CA941A4E-62B2-4A68-A29B-0FEB9D1C1B38.jpeg

The RECURVE seems to be a major hit with a lot of forum members.
I use the wasp nano, and I'm happy with it, some people say they get spitback with it if not wicked or coiled properly.

Single coil RDA is the best place to start IMHO. The Wotofo Recurve does everything right. Easy to coil, easy to wick, smooth/quiet airflow, nice flavour.

Plus you have the added benefit of getting the 22mm conversion cap that Wotofo makes for this tank for around R150. The cap is for aesthetic but some say it improves the flavour, I taste no difference. They also have the Peofile RDA 22mm conversion cap.

View attachment 153035
Lol. Great minds....

The Profile RDA’s dry hit issue is user error. Some users on various forums complaining but it’s due to them not putting in enough cotton, hence why I suggested using the Wotofo 6mm Shoelace Cotton design for this RDA.

Plus you have the added benefit of getting the 22mm conversion cap that Wotofo makes for this tank for around R150. The cap is for aesthetic but some say it improves the flavour, I taste no difference. They also have the Profile RDA 22mm conversion cap.

Can you tell I’m a Wotofo fanboy ;)

View attachment 153035
Thank you. That was my first choice before I saw the profile. So maybe go back to first choice.

@OP ... No such thing as "the best store". You Tube, your curiosity and a healthy plastic card will get you to your favorite store, online as well to your nearest brick and mortar store. When the bug bites, it bites hard. But this may just be the best hobby you have ever embarked on. It was for me. I wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! Just a update! Still stinkie free! Started out with the voopoo drag 2 and crown 3 tank. Two weeks later moved to the freemax mesh pro tank. Today finally got the ohm boy from rage with the profile rda. Wow i have been missing out! Thanks for all the great advice!
Ps: installing of coil was easy and wicking just as easy!

Hi everyone! Just a update! Still stinkie free! Started out with the voopoo drag 2 and crown 3 tank. Two weeks later moved to the freemax mesh pro tank. Today finally got the ohm boy from rage with the profile rda. Wow i have been missing out! Thanks for all the great advice!
Ps: installing of coil was easy and wicking just as easy!

Congrats on being stinkie free @vabio !
Glad to hear its going well for you
Vape on!

Back