21700 and partial drain

kolakidd

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I’ve always used 18650 devices, but I bought a Stubby AIO 21700 as an all day back-up device.

Anyway, I vape at 28W, and I have noticed that the vape shows low battery and stops working at around 30% battery charge. This was using Molicells

I replaced the stubby board with a DNA60 board and new Golisi batteries, and I am getting the same thing.

On my Dani 18650 low battery usually only kicks in when the display shows 5% battery.

Are there any settings on the DNA that will allow me to drawing the 21700 to 5% or am I missing something?

All batteries voltage will dip under load dependant upon the current draw and their respective internal resistance, (which gets higher as they age), and any other resistance(s) between them and the load, (your Atty in this case).
This implies that either the battery connectors, and or the wires between them and the PCB, and or the cable(s) between the PCB and the 510, and or the 510 itself have a bad connection(s) and or that they are oxidised or dirty ... which makes sense as you have changed batteries and the PCB without success.

On second thought. I know the DNA chip doesn't switch off. Might need that 30% as a backup to keep the battery from going flat completely

i run my dna 75C down to belown 4% before swapping out. its duel 18650 sio maybe not the same?

have you updated the device with escribe?
maybe try running a different setting profile on it.
try stealth mode and change your sleep to be faster is all I can think

i run my dna 75C down to belown 4% before swapping out. its duel 18650 sio maybe not the same?

have you updated the device with escribe?
maybe try running a different setting profile on it.
try stealth mode and change your sleep to be faster is all I can think
You have a point in the software update. Could be that too

Some mods won't let you go past 30% to protect the batteries. Yours must be one of them. It's a good think IMO.

Some mods won't let you go past 30% to protect the batteries. Yours must be one of them. It's a good think IMO.

Agreed ... It is a good thing!
Lithium Ion cells do not have a charge memory like Ni-Cad cells, that means deep-discharge cycles, (below a 40% SOC), are not recommended. In fact, it’s better for Lithium Ion to use partial discharge cycles similar to Lead Acid, (which is a 50% SOC), also; Unlike Lead Acid cells, which sulphate at all levels below 100% SOC, Lithium Ion cells prefer to be stored at a 40 to 50% SOC.
Whilst Electronic equipment manufacturers often suggest that you allow Lithium-Ion cells to almost completely discharge, this is because continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory in devices that monitor SOC, (this is oft confused with Ni Cad's charge memory, and is not the same thing), and the purpose of it is to recalibrate the device’s respective "power gauge" ... It is however at the expense of cell longevity.

Incidentally ... Cell, (and battery) voltage is always rated at a 50% SOC, meaning your 3.7V cells are, (well they should be), closer to 4.1V post charge and a stabilising "rest", to which this resting voltage is indicative of the life of the cell, (and just because you bought them yesterday does not mean they're good cells).
The voltage under load too is indicative of cell / battery life, as internal resistance goes up as cells age, reducing their current delivery ability, and increasing their sag voltage.
1713595209884.png

Back