Billow V2 Stainless Steel RTA by Ehpro?

Thanks everyone, @MorneW I have somer rewicked since I think that leg was just a 1mm to short. As for the coils - we are going spaced again after I finish this set - they are lasting me 2 weeks already, I just have to rewick daily due to the leakage. As for the scottish roll, I dunno hey when I do that or if I use a smidgen less cotton than now it will leak.

Ok so far no leaks no sputters. Lets see if this one lasts more than a day. I just want to get to the point where I just have to rewick once a week or so. The billow is currently my main/only tank since I need to redo the coil in the subtank.

Hope it holds out for you @Wyvern

Let us know

Yay no leaks this morning, sad part tho is I need to change the coils i suspect - the flavour is very muted today.

What wick you using in there @Wyvern?

What wick you using in there @Wyvern?
Its cotton bacon, it was great a week ago, but the coil has been in there for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed every time I put it back on the mod (I swap between the billow and my subtank - billow is always my loops or a flavour of some kind and the subtank is my menthol).

I own 2 billow v2s the normal one that sits on my Koppor plus and the nano that sites on my Smok X cube 2 I love them, awesome rta wont be disappointed
Wicking is a little tricky at first but youll get the hang of it
I find that if you trim the cotton to the same size as the juice holes it works the best
I use duel claptons in both my billows and it works well but have to rebuild every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its cotton bacon, it was great a week ago, but the coil has been in there for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed every time I put it back on the mod (I swap between the billow and my subtank - billow is always my loops or a flavour of some kind and the subtank is my menthol).

Hi @Wyvern
Not sure if I understand you correctly - but it seems you are using the same piece of wick for a week? Yikes, that's very long indeed, depending on the volume going through it.... How many milliletres/tanks of juice would you say you have gone through?

I get about 20ml on my Rayon wick on my Lemo1 at low power (15W) with a very lightly coloured fruity menthol juice. At about 16ml I can feel that its time to start changing - but I can push it easily to 20ml - and then I have to change - the flavour gets dull and muted. Then when I put in a new wick - its super crisp and crystal sharp again.

Other juices may need much more frequent wicking than that. As an example, my Blackbird tobacco on my Reo/RM2 - at about 30 Watts (0.5 ohm paracoil) needs new wick every 5ml ! And I have observed similar behaviour with other darker richer juices.

As for the coils, they last much, much longer. I just dry burn them and clean them under water every once in a while - I think my Lemo1 coil has been in there for about 2 months already, if not longer. Same goes for the Reo/RM2 and Nuppin coils. I find the thicker wire generally lasts longer than the thinner wire.

Nope the wicking has been replaced a lot recently - since I was doing a kuk job of the wicking - that seems to be sorted since I dont have leaks at all. The coil is about 2 weeks old. I do a dry burn every time I rewicked (which was about once every 2 days). I have tried various flavours in the tank and even @BumbleBee's Ice Queen is muted. Normally it has great flavour. Its just the last day or so.

@Silver we found my problem! The one coil collapsed. So we rebuilt it quick and rewicked (Spaced SS 316L) and got a lovely 0.22. Now its cloudy but no chance of rain in my room!

Great to hear @Wyvern!
Happy clouding!

Never good when pulsing and only one of the coils fire up. I can see the billow is easier to coil with spaced, it just covers the air holes better.

I have an interesting question about the nano. The other day I coiled up 28 ga twisted kanthal 2.5mmID 5 wraps and this gave me 0.36 ohms. It wasn't bad at all but wanted to try try a slightly higher resistence also in the the hope of less juice consumption- so I thought around 0.45 ohms could do the trick.
Last night I recoiled the same as above but with 7 wraps but to my amazement it read 0.37 ohms. I'm really confused now... IMPOSSIBLE I thought. Could anyone explain that one to me please.

Search doesn't bring up that much for the Billow V2. Most underrated tank ever so it makes sense.

I use the Billow V2 nano all the time and have coiled it countless times but there isn't much room for anything fancy. Not trying to achieve anything spectacular but purely for the fun of it since I'm waiting for a glass and have a spare deck lying around I gave a quad coil a shot. It's a mission on that deck! Couple pics below, I did make minute adjustments after this to get safe clearance from the edges and to align it for wicking. I didn't know how to wick it so I chanced it with an inverted "U" from the channel on one side into the bottom of the one coil and then out the top and into the top of the next coil and down to the channel. Wicks great upto 40w for flavour, but it's quite powerful at 40w and the clouds are crazy.

Used 26g kanthal on 2mm bit and it worked out to 0.26ohms. I'm an untidy coiler but I'm looking for a magnifier. Share some builds. @BumbleBee I'm sure you have put 6 coils on a Billow! I'm surprised that it still doesn't need more power with quads.

Late at night so pic quality didn't turn out too good.

IMG_4221.JPG IMG_4224.JPG IMG_4226.JPG IMG_4243.JPG
Pic rotated, edited and resized by the secret Porcupine!

How do you resize pics like those in earlier posts?

Wow, that's some very creative coiling @M5000, nice work :)

My go-to build for the v2 is with 26g Kanthal on 2.4mm ID, 6 wraps per coil. I'm happy with this build at between 35 and 40W for daily vaping but if your wicking isn't too thin you can leave the barrel off and get a bit more juice flow and more airflow around the coils. I've pushed this build to 120W without dry hits or flooding :)

Wow, that's some very creative coiling @M5000, nice work :)

My go-to build for the v2 is with 26g Kanthal on 2.4mm ID, 6 wraps per coil. I'm happy with this build at between 35 and 40W for daily vaping but if your wicking isn't too thin you can leave the barrel off and get a bit more juice flow and more airflow around the coils. I've pushed this build to 120W without dry hits or flooding :)

Thanks, I know you like anything Billow! I get wicking perfect on normal dual coil setups and the Billow does flavour like no TF with a V16 engine can do. The wicking on this quad is tricky, but I'll mess around with it, may not get it perfect but definitely don't plan to use this build for daily vaping so doesn't really matter.

But now I'm curious about the 120w and about leaving the barrel off! I didn't know it works with the barrel off, I thought it would flood. If that's the case I have another tank because I've got one out of service because the barrel is missing. With the barrel on there's no way my builds would survive 120w, with it off and thicker wicking I'll have to give it a try. Claptons and thick wicking hmmmm, that could be Billow V2.2 for me...

Back