Black Friday a bit bleh?

The only worthy (local) "Black Friday" deals I saw thus far is at BlckVapour, otherwise, you are absolutely correct... anything under 30% discount is pointless and a cheap shot at over-dressing a meh sale (IMO). If you wanna partake in Black Friday then you've gotta discount like its Black Friday, otherwise have a normal sale at the end of the month and dont dont alias it with an iconic epic sale day.

Even the non-vape related stores... I'm seeing so many "Black Friday" deals that read something along the lines of "Was R1999, now R1799"... what kak is that?

The only worthy (local) "Black Friday" deals I saw thus far is at BlckVapour, otherwise, you are absolutely correct... anything under 30% discount is pointless and a cheap shot at over-dressing a meh sale (IMO). If you wanna partake in Black Friday then you've gotta discount like its Black Friday, otherwise have a normal sale at the end of the month and dont dont alias it with an iconic epic sale day.

Even the non-vape related stores... I'm seeing so many "Black Friday" deals that read something along the lines of "Was R1999, now R1799"... what kak is that?

Exactly.
Yip, but the BlckVapour sale is for Cyber Monday which I don't quite get as they don't sell any tech...

Anyway...back to work then...;)

Exactly.
Yip, but the BlckVapour sale is for Cyber Monday which I don't quite get as they don't sell any tech...

Anyway...back to work then...;)
Their new stock came in a bit late so they decided to make it on Monday instead :)

Also, the opportunity is used to discount some old stock, under the Black Friday banner.
Old stock should be on a clearance sale IMO,

Not just the vape stores though, 90% of "black friday" deals in general so far have been obvious dumps of shelfwarming stock. There are some things I like to buy when I occasionally have disposable money and it's frustrating that "normal" clearance sales seen in the US are almost never seen here.

There was a certain vape store that offered a decent albeit not thought out voucher for today, which is unfortunate because I could've used that.

Yip, it's such a disappointment. All the big discounts work our the similar to what other vendors at the normal price.

The things that I could actually consider a decent price, not because of being a Black Friday deal but because I'm in the market for them are all sold out.

I even let my juice diminish to the last bit to load up liters today.

Looks like I'm going to be DIY'ing with existing stock and checking the classifieds for hardware now.

:mad::eek::oops::-@:BIGTEARS:

... I'm seeing so many "Black Friday" deals that read something along the lines of "Was R1999, now R1799"...

and the interesting thing about those deals is that last week it was actually going for R1,699. I have a few non-vape items in my wishlist and carts that I was stalking prices for daily waiting for today and now it's more than it was last week.

and the interesting thing about those deals is that last week it was actually going for R1,699. I have a few non-vape items in my wishlist and carts that I was stalking prices for daily waiting for today and now it's more than it was last week.

:eek: borderline fraud if you ask me

50% off all Flavour Art concentrates is just peachy by me. I'll be on that special like fleas on a dog.

Just ordered from TheEcigStore and worth a mention since it was the best dealZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Even better than the best deals I've seen that already don't have stock, lol

Only found 1 item R18 cheaper elsewhere which wasn't worth an extra order all together and this one has an extra coil included.

Guys, give some credit. @DizZa from Flavour Mill has huge specials. 50% off all FA Flavours. And 50% off many of the more popular TFA ones. Also 10% off most other flavours.

You also get entered into a draw for a prize when you order.

That's a pretty good deal peeps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Agree with @Glytch. I haven't seen much that knocked my socks off in terms of hardware specials. But the TFM special, with Richio's Cyber Monday to come, is the absolute bomb for us DIYers.

The best part is that these aren't exactly shelf-warming concentrates that can't be moved. If they were offering 50% off TFA Cheesecake, Honey and Chicken & Waffles then sure, Black Friday becomes "dump day for stock we regret ordering in the first place". But for FA and several of TFA's most popular concentrates, that is a whole different ball game. And one which, I'm happy to say, I exploited ruthlessly. :D

Guys, give some credit. @DizZa from Flavour Mill has huge specials. 50% off all FA Flavours. And 50% off many of the more popular TFA ones. Also 10% off most other flavours.

You also get entered into a draw for a prize when you order.

That's a pretty good deal peeps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sure, but is ONE vendor...which is my point...

I am shocked that Vapour Valley has no specials running. No loyalty bonus except for 10ml bottles ...... sucks.
I had R2200 worth of flavours in my cart yesterday and it is still R2200. :)

I was waiting for Oupas 3 for 2 special since I need juice and gifts but they totally silent on any promos.

We must also remember, vape vendors are not multi-billion Rand, multi-national corporate businesses which can afford high percentage discounts, and maybe write losses of on marketing budgets, or whatever they do to cover losses.

So if we do get a 5% or 10% discount, we should be grateful anyway.

We must also remember, vape vendors are not multi-billion Rand, multi-national corporate businesses which can afford high percentage discounts, and maybe write losses of on marketing budgets, or whatever they do to cover losses.

So if we do get a 5% or 10% discount, we should be grateful anyway.

I disagree - IMO dont call it a Black Friday sale then. Thats False Advertising. If a vendor cannot afford to take part in this iconic sale , call it a normal sale instead of creating clickbait. There are Daily Deals, Weekly Promos, End of Month Sales, Winter Clearance etc. where stock is discounted by 5 to 20% all year round. Black Friday is known for ridiculous discounts... Marking something down from R450 to R400 is nowhere close to Black Friday worthy

IMO of course :)

Back