Blck vapor and 25R batteries

this is interesting, thanks @Hooked and @Kuhlkatz
I have a Pico and charge it in the mod because I don’t like opening and closing that little battery knob cover on the top. Don’t really notice anything strange but I guess I should try a fresh batt from the Nitecore to see the difference

@Silver I never charge batteries in the mod if I can help it, because I'm scared of something going wrong with the charging port. As I mentioned in one of my posts here, that happened to another friend of mine. Her mod was 6 months old and out of warranty, so bye-bye mod!

I just feel that if one pays something like R900 (the cost of the DragX) then surely it's worth it to spend a bit more and buy an external charger, instead of taking a chance and losing R900 IF the charging port goes haywire.

However, I have 3 x iJust3s and since they're internal batteries I have no choice but to charge via the mod and I've had no problems - and I've been using them for about 2 years already - maybe longer.

Anyway, as you said, this is all very interesting and we live and learn ...

Let us know how it goes with a fresh battery for your Pico, charged in the Nitecore.

@Silver I never charge batteries in the mod if I can help it, because I'm scared of something going wrong with the charging port. As I mentioned in one of my posts here, that happened to another friend of mine. Her mod was 6 months old and out of warranty, so bye-bye mod!

I just feel that if one pays something like R900 (the cost of the DragX) then surely it's worth it to spend a bit more and buy an external charger, instead of taking a chance and losing R900 IF the charging port goes haywire.

However, I have 3 x iJust3s and since they're internal batteries I have no choice but to charge via the mod and I've had no problems - and I've been using them for about 2 years already - maybe longer.

Anyway, as you said, this is all very interesting and we live and learn ...

Let us know how it goes with a fresh battery for your Pico, charged in the Nitecore.

i hear you
But I suppose if the drag charging port goes faulty that doesn’t necessarily mean you need a new mod, one can still replace the battery with a fresh one that’s been externally charged

anyhow, I never charge the batts internally with the exception of the Pico

Oh gosh yes, sincere apologies @Stranger!

No worries Lads, and Lasses all adds to the experience. My first Pico I only had 1 18650 and also charged it in the mod. When I go in the bush I used my old Evic mod to charge from 12V, and they worked fine. If you have a mod that is not charging as it should then I have no doubt you will get the experience as above.

Last edited:
No worries Lads, all adds to the experience. My first Pico I only had 1 18650 and also charged it in the mod. When I go in the bush I used my old Evic mod to charge from 12V, and they worked fine. If you have a mod that is not charging as it should then I have no doubt you will get the experience as above.

Thanks @Stranger, but just by the way, I'm a lass, not a lad :beautiful:

Back