Blueberry Ice \ Cupcake

MunG

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Everyone!

Have not posted in quite some time wow!

I have a simple request for some info on Blueberry concentrates.

It seems there are so many and so little concrete information.

What I am looking for is the correct Blueberry concentrate that would be similar to Vuse's Blueberry Ice or Blueberry cupcake of old ( Paulies) I do no think we can get this anymore, sadge :(

Any info\Suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards.

I don't know the Vuse's blueberry ice or Blueberry cupcake you are referring to, but when it comes to blueberry concentrates I use TPA blueberry extra in my tobacco recipes.

Its a very natural blueberry taste, not as sweet as you would expect, more a tarty flavor instead of candy or jam. It will get sweeter with steeping so be careful if you are adding super sweet to not over do it. It goes well with Creams, Icecreams, Caramels and tobacco mixes.

As a single flavor I would suggest 5-8% and maybe 0.5% supersweet, If you are just making an ice flavor it should be quite easy to work out from there.

Also very good as a berry cider if mixed with Raspberry sweet and Acai berry. For those I would go about 1% Raspberry Sweet and only 0.5% Acai Berry, Acai berry has a very overpower taste, keep it low. And 1.5% FA liquid amber to give it a nice fermented cider note.

These are not complete recipes, they will serve as a starting point to understand the profile of Blueberry extra alone and by just enhancing some of the flavors already present, mix them in small amounts, and work on your recipe from there.

Last edited:
Thank You, some good insight!

Honest I dont even know how to describe it properly, Paulies Blueberry Cupcake used to be very popular, its not as sharp as a bluberry muffin or candy flavour I would imagine, Vuse has a similar flavour with their blueberry Ice, bought it in a pinch and was very surprised! It does have a fairly strong, sweet smell I will add but its not overpowed flavour wise.

The only thing I can do otherwise is try a few of them, I will definitely try TPA, maybe also Cap.

Thanks for the reponse.

@MunG I do like my bakery vapes so I mixed up a few testers tonight in 10ml and gave them a quick hot bath, and then did a "shake and vape" using a dead rabbit dripper with, 0.2 coil at 55W

This one could be promising, will see what steeping does, but atm the other 3 isn't worth posting. Will need about 2 weeks steep.
I went with the TPA cupcake rather than CAP. DX cupcake is pretty light with a frosting so pairs quite well with the yellowcake +AP.
I didnt add any sweetner, the blueberry should sweeten up and the caramel notes always goes well with it. Will see how it turns out after 2 weeks before worrying about enhancing flavor.
1679615631820.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the bit of input thus far.

I got some Blueberry extra from both TFA and CAP\SL, they are good, however its not the type of blueberry I am looking for.
I think it may be more on the Candy side it seems, definitely not real\ripe counterparts.

Il order again and see if I can find the one I am looking for, there are so many of them its madness!

Thanks for the bit of input thus far.

I got some Blueberry extra from both TFA and CAP\SL, they are good, however its not the type of blueberry I am looking for.
I think it may be more on the Candy side it seems, definitely not real\ripe counterparts.

Il order again and see if I can find the one I am looking for, there are so many of them its madness!

If you get a distinct candy note from it, they might be mixing blueberry with acai berry at something like 6:1, The acai berry i mentioned before is very sweet, it almost has a fanta grape softdrink taste. It turns that blueberry into a very sweet candy/jammy flavor.

Also test the ones you have with just some supersweet or Cotton candy (Ethyl Maltol).

I would do the following tests
8% Blueberry extra, 1% Ethyl Maltol

6% Blueberry extra 1% Acai berry

6% Blueberry extra 1% supersweet.

And the same for your CSL blueberry, about 7% according to e-liquid-recipes is good for a single flavor mix.

When using EM, you need a bit more single flavor, it will mellow it somewhat, up your percentage by about 2.

DIY is a process, you will need to do testing to get the flavor you are after.

Last edited:
Hi, @waiora,

Thanks for the insight, i am well aware what EM does :) I am not exactly new to DIY but I am getting back into it and questing for this specific blueberry, I just don't get any hint from the Blueberry Extra in terms of the flavor I am looking for, both in TFA and CAP\SL, they are much more of a true blueberry, works lekker with some bubblegum fruity and ice btw, but not what I am looking for as yet.

This will be a quest for sure, I will get some Acai and also try the Blueberry Candy and Jam variants!

I appreciate the input regardless, very useful !

hopefully I can give back my findings here as soon as I do come right and everyone can give it a go, I know this will be a ADV for me as soon as I can get it right.

the Folks at BCLK Flavour are also helping out so shout out to them!

I also ordered some other blueberries and other berry flavors I havn't tried before. You got me curious about this mix now since you say its quite different. :-D

Right,

I ordered some more concentrates for testing.

I Blueberry Cotton candy seems very very close, also Acai berry is almost definitely one of the ingredients @waiora I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

I just need some time on mixing up some testers, super excited!

I also ordered some other blueberries and other berry flavors I havn't tried before. You got me curious about this mix now since you say its quite different. :-D
Definitely no harm in trying! I think they are fairly difficult to work with and get right.

Right,

I ordered some more concentrates for testing.

I Blueberry Cotton candy seems very very close, also Acai berry is almost definitely one of the ingredients @waiora I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

I just need some time on mixing up some testers, super excited!
Just knew there would be acai in there, its such a great enhancer for blueberry, I used it before when making a tobacco berry blend.

If you have more info regarding the bakery notes, I have a wide variety of bakery stuff, don't mind to help test a few things, I can learn from that as well.

I just vaped that mix I posted after a week, its pretty good but after a week steeping one of the others is turning out much better. Have no problem vaping these testers tho they are delicious already.

For the base on this one i have 2% Yellowcake, 2% Belgium waffle, and 0.5% AP, 0.25% TPA Butter rather than CAP golden butter, the TPA butter is very rich, keep it low, same vanilla delux and caramel % . I wanted to keep the bakery flavors around 5-6% max since I wasn't sure how much the berry flavors would mellow. Going to mix this same one with a little bit of acai in there

Last edited:
Update:

Ive tried a 60/40 between Acai and Blueberry Cotton, its very close with some koolada its quite close to a blueberry icy haha.

I got another disposable and it seems I need to up the % for the flavours overal and it seems like there is def. a vanilla/creamy kind of undertone... def much closer, fir sure acai is there, but the blueberry is def not the real like fruit blueberry, its more of a candy type..

Are there any strong like candy nlueberry flavours out there, the blueberry candy is not that far off either (tfa) but cotton seems closer.

There are a lot of varients for sure.. i think that is all I am missing atm.

FYI this will be a salt nic based ADV.

For the creamy undertone my guess is the usual suspects. Vanilla bean icecream. FW is more creamy, and more mellow than TPA. But both are excellent flavors. If its just the undertone it would be hard to tell them apart. Would also try just Bavarian cream with a tiny bit of french vanilla delux.

TPA gummy candy might also be what is used with that berry blend. Rather than a different blueberry flavor.

Before just adding more flavor, also see what happens with a little FA MTS Wizard, 1% should do.

Last edited:
Back