Brand new Smok TFV8 dry taste

Jaredlll08

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Anyway, I picked up a new Smok TFV8 from Vaperite, set it up using the V8-T8 coil and for the first 30 minutes it was working fine, then after I refilled the tank, with the same fluid, I get this very dry or burnt taste that makes me want to vomit just smelling it, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has a solution to fix this?

I've tried a few other flavours with it, the first flavour was a DIY 3% mango flavour I made, 70VG/30PG, then I tried a 5% cookies and cream I made, once again 70VG/30PG and finally I tried the VapeKing Creamy Mango flavour and its the same thing, just a burnt / dry taste that is unbearable. The DIY liquids didn't have nicotine and the VapeKing Creamy Mango had 3mg nicotine.

Can anyone help me with this please, I would really hate to have to return it :doh:

I dont have experience with that tank @Jaredlll08 but it sounds like your coil is burnt
Have you tried a different coil?

Sorry to hear. I know how frustrating it must feel to get a new device and have some teething problems.

Lets hope some of the TFV8 experts can help you out

I'm about to try the RBA head that came with it, maybe I can get that one to work, although, it seems that letting it sit for about an hourish did make it better, starting to get more mango and less burnt ??? (I swear I know the smell, I just can't put my finger on it, maybe burnt marshmellows?) =D

I'm about to try the RBA head that came with it, maybe I can get that one to work, although, it seems that letting it sit for about an hourish did make it better, starting to get more mango and less burnt ??? (I swear I know the smell, I just can't put my finger on it, maybe burnt marshmellows?) =D

What power are you vaping it at?

Are you using any sweetener in your DIY? And what exactly is in that cookies and cream recipe? There could be something in the mix that is mucking up the coil.

Are you using any sweetener in your DIY? And what exactly is in that cookies and cream recipe? There could be something in the mix that is mucking up the coil.
You know, thinking about it, the second refill was on the cookies and cream... and the current flavour I'm using, with no bad taste is mango, huh never occured to me it could be that.
Anyway, the recipe!
70VG/30PG, 5% Clyrolinx Cookies and Cream.
That's the whole thing, single flavour recipe.

I don't have any experience with that brand of flavours but that's where I'd start if a coil gunks up that fast.

Sounds like you cooked your coil.
You said it happened after you finished your first tank, are you sure you didn't vape it dry? Only time I ever burnt the tfv8 coils has been when I didn't pay attention to juice level.

Sounds like you cooked your coil.
You said it happened after you finished your first tank, are you sure you didn't vape it dry? Only time I ever burnt the tfv8 coils has been when I didn't pay attention to juice level.
Fairly sure I didn't vape it dry, there was still some liquid in the tank, and I didn't get a dry hit, before I changed, but I think it was just the flavour that I swapped to, since swapping back, on the same coil seems to have fixed the problem =D

Fairly sure I didn't vape it dry, there was still some liquid in the tank, and I didn't get a dry hit, before I changed, but I think it was just the flavour that I swapped to, since swapping back, on the same coil seems to have fixed the problem =D
And here we have the reason even hardcore DIY heads need the occasional commercial bottle of juice we like and can fall back on as a frame of reference. To rely on single flavor mixes from a relatively un reviewed flavor house might not be the best indication of your attie's performance.

I find that the tfv8 coils, can be tricky, some like to vomit juice, others dont wick as well as they should, and can get dry and burn quickly at high temps or long firing.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Anyway, I picked up a new Smok TFV8 from Vaperite, set it up using the V8-T8 coil and for the first 30 minutes it was working fine, then after I refilled the tank, with the same fluid, I get this very dry or burnt taste that makes me want to vomit just smelling it, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has a solution to fix this?

I've tried a few other flavours with it, the first flavour was a DIY 3% mango flavour I made, 70VG/30PG, then I tried a 5% cookies and cream I made, once again 70VG/30PG and finally I tried the VapeKing Creamy Mango flavour and its the same thing, just a burnt / dry taste that is unbearable. The DIY liquids didn't have nicotine and the VapeKing Creamy Mango had 3mg nicotine.

Can anyone help me with this please, I would really hate to have to return it :doh:

The other coil that comes with it is actually better IMO and I ordered six more of them. The T8 coil is just not for me. The airflow on it is also too restricted for me.

Back