Builds for Coil Master Medal

So here goes my first real attempt at going for the Medal..
Please excuse some of my pics, their over exposed due to the flash.

Home grown Alien :D
3*26g Ni80 + 34g Ni80 Alien Clapton 3mm ID 0.25ohms

I prefer spacing my Aliens as I get better flavour and zero hot spots when dry burning them.
Ramp up time @62.5W is very fast surprisingly.

20161102_182225.jpg
20161102_182245.jpg
20161102_182927.jpg
20161102_183501.jpg
20161102_183132.jpg

Hello :) this is my first forum post! I have been vaping about 15 months now. My first Fused Clapton build, it's on the Wotofo Lush RDA. Below is a pic of it installed fresh:
ED4TjQ2.jpg

And here is a pic wicked and getting juiced up:
cDeZwq5.jpg

It's a single coil 5-wrap 26ga x 30ga NiChrome, you can see it's not premade as I didn't get the wrapping as tight as I could have :)

The vape off this guy Had phenomenally dense flavor, although I feel my mod at the time wasn't giving it justice maxing out at 75w

Very nice!
For a first clapton, it looks real nice!
Almost better that the store bought wire.... I like those little spaces, makes it look. Well, better, like an Alien almost.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Thanks man :)

I think the crevices also helped to get more juice flowing, because the flavour was great!

Ja, at risk of ending up in the "gags" column...
Those little holes fill with juice, and then explodes in your mouth with flavour

@MAL Looks great for your first attempt! I wouldn't be too stressed about the spacing - I actually prefer my claptons that way, as you said "the crevices also helped to get more juice flowing" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

IMG_1390-Edit.jpg IMG_1402-Edit.jpg I haven't got a medal, despite my braids. I never had a drill before. Now I do. Maybe now I can have that medal.
This wire took 40 minutes to make and is the first one I've done.

Staggerton:
8ply 0.5x0.1mm KA1 Ribbon Wire stagger-fused with 34g TMN80, framed with 28g KA1, all fused with 36g TMN80.
Mounted in the Phenotype-L RDA, on an Apollo mech at 0.15Ω. Wicked with Cotton Bacon.
The vape is great and the ramp is very fast.

A slentre variation in 36g TMN80 over 3x30g KA1 cores. The pattern involves fusing 2 core on one side and encasing the remaining core in the braid. This was swapped and I haven't vaped it. I'm sure it is great though ;)
Mounted in the Phenotype-L RDA and pulsed at 0.33Ω.IMG_1316-Edit.jpgIMG_1322-Edit.jpg

I haven't got a medal, despite my braids. I never had a drill before. Now I do. Maybe now I can have that medal.
This wire took 40 minutes to make and is the first one I've done.

Staggerton:
8ply 0.5x0.1mm KA1 Ribbon Wire stagger-fused with 34g TMN80, framed with 28g KA1, all fused with 36g TMN80.
Mounted in the Phenotype-L RDA, on an Apollo mech at 0.15Ω. Wicked with Cotton Bacon.
The vape is great and the ramp is very fast.
Staggeringly good! Well done. Not sure if you will get a medal with just one example. You probably will have to post a few more.

IMG_1372-Edit.jpg IMG_1367-Edit.jpg This is the first Alien I made. 3x30g KA1 cores with a 36g TMN80 Alien over. 0.58Ω in the end.
I've improved since then, and they are now available for sale. I can't say where on this thread.
Nice colours IMO. The wire didn't wrap too neatly at first, but got it nice and even.
Wicked with Cotton Bacon, and mounted in the Phenotype-L RDA, on a noisy cricket.
Vape is nice, but lacks the complexity and depth of flavour that a braid gives.
Makes a hissing noise often, no dry hits though. #fluff #cottonbacon
All photos are taken using an iPhone, BTW.
Follow me on instagram for the good stuff. @smilelykumeenit

Attachments

• IMG_1372-Edit.jpg
    IMG_1372-Edit.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 47
Close up of a staggered framed staple. I made Duals of these, which were swapped.
28g KA1 frames, stagger-clapped with 34g TMN80
10ply 0.5x0.1mm KA1 Ribbon, all stagger-stapled with 36g TMN80
The duals were fitted in a 24mm Goon RDA and pulsed at 0.09Ω. They are being used on a HexOhm. Another happy customer.
IMG_1454-Edit.jpg

Very beautiful coils
Much respect. I have yet to do a Clapton and alien.

But yes. I much prefer braids.

Staggeringly good! Well done. Not sure if you will get a medal with just one example. You probably will have to post a few more.

Thanks, @Andre . I have posted so many builds that are Medal worthy, though. This is actually my last shot at trying to gain some acknowledgement from this forum/community, so here are a few more examples. I would really like to keep posting here, but it's not very gratifying when I have the quality and no noddy badge. There is:
  • a triple-core fused clapton (right)
  • a triple core staggered fused clapton (28gKA1/34gTMN80 stagger/36gTMN80 stagger-fuse) (top)
  • multiple Aliens (3x28gKA1/34gTMN80 Alien)
  • 2 different braidators in 36gTMN80 over 3x28g cores
  • Staggered Framed Staple as in previous post (top right, blurry)

Medal or not; more posts on the forum or not:
I want to offer people help with building, as I have offered in the past, and I hope that my pride in the work that I do is not misconstrued as arrogance again. @RiaanRed and @WDE can agree with me here (they are the only people who I feel understand building on an international level WRT this thread in particular, with no offense intended toward anyone else please!) that it is not hard to make an Alien or a Clapton a Staggered Whatever or even a Braid @GerritVisagie. There are tutorials out there, and I appreciate that some of them are bad or difficult to grasp, but if someone was there to say "Do this," or "Those gauges of wire won't work because your build is going to be fat and ugly" things would improve so much from the people who are trying, and could actually start for the people who want to try but are scared, or aren't scared but are clueless. And yes, I accept that my coils are not always PERFECT and at the level of international Instagrammers, but they're getting close. I feel this way because I am regularly reposted and liked by people I feel you'd feel matter.

The point of all of this is that I would like to offer my time and growing expertise to anyone who is interested. I would really like to get the South African build scene up to the level of maybe Indonesia? Germany? France? The USA is tough to catch up to :/

I hope this post is warmly received, in the spirit it was posted.
IMG_1472-Edit.jpg

Thanks, @Andre . I have posted so many builds that are Medal worthy, though. This is actually my last shot at trying to gain some acknowledgement from this forum/community, so here are a few more examples. I would really like to keep posting here, but it's not very gratifying when I have the quality and no noddy badge. There is:
  • a triple-core fused clapton (right)
  • a triple core staggered fused clapton (28gKA1/34gTMN80 stagger/36gTMN80 stagger-fuse) (top)
  • multiple Aliens (3x28gKA1/34gTMN80 Alien)
  • 2 different braidators in 36gTMN80 over 3x28g cores
  • Staggered Framed Staple as in previous post (top right, blurry)

Medal or not; more posts on the forum or not:
I want to offer people help with building, as I have offered in the past, and I hope that my pride in the work that I do is not misconstrued as arrogance again. @RiaanRed and @WDE can agree with me here (they are the only people who I feel understand building on an international level WRT this thread in particular, with no offense intended toward anyone else please!) that it is not hard to make an Alien or a Clapton a Staggered Whatever or even a Braid @GerritVisagie. There are tutorials out there, and I appreciate that some of them are bad or difficult to grasp, but if someone was there to say "Do this," or "Those gauges of wire won't work because your build is going to be fat and ugly" things would improve so much from the people who are trying, and could actually start for the people who want to try but are scared, or aren't scared but are clueless. And yes, I accept that my coils are not always PERFECT and at the level of international Instagrammers, but they're getting close. I feel this way because I am regularly reposted and liked by people I feel you'd feel matter.

The point of all of this is that I would like to offer my time and growing expertise to anyone who is interested. I would really like to get the South African build scene up to the level of maybe Indonesia? Germany? France? The USA is tough to catch up to :/

I hope this post is warmly received, in the spirit it was posted.
View attachment 75843
Sorry, @smilelykumeenit, I thought your first post today was also your first post on this thread. Since you have also posted a lot more. Clearly, your work is more than medal worthy imho. I am sure the mods/admins will have a look as soon as they have the time and we shall congratulate you in the medals thread shortly. Calling @Alex, @Silver, @Rob Fisher, et al.

I would be interested in learning the more "advanced " builds.
We should arrange a "builders meet"
If O ly someone would sponsor loads and loads of wire we could muck up...

I am going to look into what it would cost to do an hour/two hour lesson that includes the wire needed, and I plan to have this set up from early December. Please can anyone interested PM me so I can see demand. I'm based in Johannesburg, and I will also try and get a store involved to get wire.

@GerritVisagie The problem with a big meet is that it is hard to do things for a big crowd, and people are easily distracted/ move at different speeds. I guess that is the basic principle of quality of education :p

Ha ha.
I'll probably get distracted by the "promo ppeople keep us informed.

How about doing this early Jan?
We already have the Joburg vape meet in Dec. I'm from RTB and if I go to Jozi twice in one month for vape stuff, wifey may not be impressed.
Just a thought, if I'm out voted, I'll catch the next one

Back