Builds for Coil Master Medal

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
If you want your build to be considered for the Coil Master Medal by the Ecigssa Awards Team, please:
  1. Post clear and close up pictures of your coil(s) only and your coil(s) as wicked in this thread. Any other pictures are welcome.
  2. Please confirm that you have not used a prebuilt coil. Prebuilt coils will not be considered for the medal.
  3. If you did not use normal wire, please confirm that you have made the wire yourself (e.g. hive, clapton, twisted, etcetera). Prefabricated wire will not be considered for the medal.
  4. Provide as much information as possible - type of wire, gauge, wraps, ID, resistance, how was the vape, etcetera.
Have patience. The members of the Awards Team have day jobs too.

Do not expect the medal at first try or at all. The Awards Team will not indicate if you have not been awarded and will not enter into any discussion in this regard. All awards are announced in the Announcements forum.

Suggested format for posts:
  1. Below is a picture of my coil(s) as installed without wicking.
  2. Below is a picture of my build as wicked.
  3. Some more pictures (at your discretion)
  4. I confirm I have not used a prebuilt coil or any prefabricated wire.
  5. Other information and comments (type of wire, gauge, wraps, ID, resistance, how was the vape, etc.).

Last edited:
I wish I had a photo of the ones I put in my Baal dripper this weekend! They were so poor I literally lol'd! Sadly this is one medal I don't think I will get, but will certainly work towards it! Thanks for the thread @Andre !

@Andre, I'm curious about the criteria.
I'm not big on fancy exotic coils but I am big on neatness and excellence.

E.g. some old builds.
2016-02-07 08.33.45.jpg 2015-10-16 01.07.29.jpg 2015-10-16 01.06.59.jpg 2015-10-16 01.06.33.jpg 2015-10-16 01.05.53.jpg
P.s these are all old builds.

I also think coil masters need to have at least had some experience like this :
2016-01-15 20.11.44.jpg

@Christos, those are the rules, not the judging criteria. The criteria are in the hands and discretion of the Awards Team - I am not a member. I am sure they do look at neatness, but not at scars.

Btw, neither you nor @daniel craig graig have complied with the simple rules.

Last edited:
@Christos, those are the rules, not the judging criteria. The criteria are in the hands and discretion of the Awards Team - I am not a member. I am sure they do look at neatness, but not at scars.

Btw, neither you nor @Daniel graig have complied with the simple rules.
I'm merely trying to understand the criteria.
When I do post builds I usually include all the relevant info.
Apologies, can a mod please move my post to a relevant discussion thread?

Last edited:
I'm merely trying to understand the criteria.
When I do post builds I usually include all the relevant info.
Ok, understood, thanks.

As I said, no published criteria. Feels to me it should be sort of intuitive. Neatness (like you said), symmetry, tidiness, cleanliness, consistency, complexity, aesthetics in vaping terms, etcetera. I am sure we could come up with a long, but unnecessary (imo) list.

Built these coils literally 2 hours before the thread was open, so I don't have unwicked pics of them. :eusa_doh:
Prewired Alien Clapton wire from @Mystique Vape and 26 guage A1 kanthal Vapowire, dual 5 wraps around a 2mm allenkey, coming up to a nice 0.21 ohm. Got them built in my Twisted Messes V1 on the SMPL stick mod. Very cool and dense vape, ramp up time on these coils are non existent they are just killing it!
Note: I know using prewired alien wire takes me out of account for Coil Master Medal (for now) but hey, I'm new to the forum and just trying to interact :-D
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Feedback and/or tips would be appreciated! :borra2:

Last edited:
20160505_195203.jpg Here are some coils.
Theese are not premade. I made theese.
What we have here is twisted 26g 3mmID coils.
Theese are kanthal. I don't like other wires. 7wraps dual comes up to 0.3ohms. I vape at 60W. Fast ramp up, juicy semi warm vape. Can't show wicked. To many.

Screenshot_2016-05-12-01-05-17-1.png
Here we have 4 26/32 Claptons. Coiled myself but pre made wire. 2mmID kanthal wire. Theese are in the fishbone plus RDA. Built this for a cloud comp. Very hot vape at 149W.

eawa 050.JPG eawa 053.JPG
2. Made this myself
3. Fused clapton (also wrapped it myself)
4. 26g kanthal inner strands and 32g kanthal outer wrap. 4 wraps around that tiny screw driver I have lying around. Comes to 0.32 ohms on the evic mini. Great flavour from this build and ramp up time is pretty quick. All in all, one of my favourite builds in the tsunami.

View attachment 54033 View attachment 54034
2. Made this myself
3. Fused clapton (also wrapped it myself)
4. 26g kanthal inner strands and 32g kanthal outer wrap. 4 wraps around that tiny screw driver I have lying around. Comes to 0.32 ohms on the evic mini. Great flavour from this build and ramp up time is pretty quick. All in all, one of my favourite builds in the tsunami.
Wow, that looks great. Why is it called "fused"?

And thank you for following the rules and setting the standard. Just for that I would have immediately awarded you the medal - if only I was part of the Awards Team. Just joking, but awesome build nonetheless.

And thank you for following the rules and setting the standard. Just for that I would have immediately awarded you the medal - if only I was part of the Awards Team. Just joking, but awesome build nonetheless.

@Andre, i am no coil expert (i dont have the medal either) but i believe the term "fused" in fused claptons means that the inside wire (the thicker one) is a double strand. Maybe the coil masters will just check that statement

Thanks! @Silver and @zadiac are spot on. There are two strands of 26g kanthal inside the outer 32 wrap.

c1fc6bc03207bbe05ae9b21b32bfef5a.jpg

Just for participation , tiger wire , 20id , cotton bacon :)

I only been building coils for about 6 months now, here are my builds.

Subtank mini
26g kanthal
6 wraps
0.40ohm @ 32w

Great vape and awesome flavour

2016-01-15 11.39.11.jpg 2016-01-15 11.38.26.jpg 2016-01-15 11.37.41.jpg

Goblin mini build, made my own twisted 26g kanthal
6 wraps came to .34ohm
Goblin has wicked flavour and huge clouds with this build
20160304_112541-1.jpg

Mutation x mt tra
Clapton and 26g kanthal wrap (bought Clapton)
.16ohm
Vtc maxed @ 75w and was battling
Couldn't push it higher as I didn't have bigger mod

20160413_123902-1.jpg
20160413_123705-1.jpg

Some pics of the wicking I have lost, love the building coils.
There are no limits!!!

Aw nuts. I will do a few builds today so I can meet criteria properly lol... But for the spirit if it all here is a little lady that kept me busy a while but I have no wicked pics. Edit: 28g twisted steel, buffed and pulsed, 1.2 ohm. Oldschool 20160510_135007-1.jpg

OK so here is my first build to meet criteria. Quad 316 ss. 0.15 ohm. 12 wraps per coil, 2.5mm ID, 28g.

Built On a Gemini.

Overall killer good vape. Tried a whole mess of builds and started hating the tank. But this I like a LOT.

Fired at 70watts instant ramp up. Warm but not hot. Dense vapour and fantastic crisp flavour.

Wicks are very fluffy Scottish Roll type. Workes GREAT!20160515_121507-1.jpg 20160515_121605-1.jpg 20160515_123014-1.jpg

:nerd:
OK so here is my first build to meet criteria. Quad 316 ss. 0.15 ohm. 12 wraps per coil, 2.5mm ID, 28g.

Built On a Gemini.

Overall killer good vape. Tried a whole mess of builds and started hating the tank. But this I like a LOT.

Fired at 70watts instant ramp up. Warm but not hot. Dense vapour and fantastic crisp flavour.

Wicks are very fluffy Scottish Roll type. Workes GREAT!View attachment 54319 View attachment 54320 View attachment 54321
inspirational

Quad Claptons at 3.5mm ID 8 wraps .3 ohm in the Goon.

The build deck just BEGS for something excessive lol.

At 120 watts the flavour blows me away. Chain vaping it is a bad idea it gets HOT. But damn, what a nice vape! Wicked it with ELP Cowboys Apple Pie and my oh my I think this build and the bottle are married.
20160515_164053.jpg
20160515_165125.jpg 20160515_165438.jpg

This seems to be the easiest place to aak this, but mods, please move if this not the right place to ask this.

I wondering what the best way is to build neatly spaced coils. I have OCD and spacing needs to be perfect for a coil to stay on a deck, so how do I achieve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems to be the easiest place to aak this, but mods, please move if this not the right place to ask this.

I wondering what the best way is to build neatly spaced coils. I have OCD and spacing needs to be perfect for a coil to stay on a deck, so how do I achieve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build compressed then pull them apart, then compress them back. Repeat as needed. As soon as they have the shape you want twmper them with a little blowtorch to help them stay in shape as you install them. IMO.

Back