Calling all Petri experts

Absolute pleasure sir. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy @Maxxis - dont know what you did but you have given me so much pleasure in the last 20 minutes. Thank you, thank you!

Oh boy @Maxxis - dont know what you did but you have given me so much pleasure in the last 20 minutes. Thank you, thank you!

It really is a combination of everything at the same time.

Petri v2 and the limited edition will always be my go to RDAs for flavour.

They just put a smile on your face!

PS - if I dont come back on the forum soon then I am probably lying on my bed in a horizontal position

Silver plating is starting...

Aaah, what a winner this is.

@Paulie - your guava is delicious on this setup bro! Yeeehah!

The Petri v2 is a amazing RDA especialy if you like a restrictive lung hit @Silver .
This RDA is gonna turn you into a dripper vaper @Silver :)

Thanks @Clouds4Days
Am thoroughly enjoying the first vape experience

Truth be told, a few months ago it was @Ollie from VK Fourways who "prescribed" this dripper for me. @Ollie, you were on the mark. He said for my type of vaping I will like this. And he was right.

I was just put off by the price and then a lot of work got in the way. Then i was confused about colour choice and the cloud cap versus flavour cap also caused a bit of dithering.

When Maxxis had the blue one today and I found out it was on special - it was a sign...

Am loving the draw on this atty. Its lovely. Drip tip feels perfect. No leaking so far and I am very inexperienced with "manual" dripping - so this is good.

Wow, its been quite a while since I can recall such a positive first vaping experience.

Let me not forget the juice. Its one I know well and one that I love to bits. So that helped too ;-)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, its so smooth
Cant believe it
The vaping action is lovely! Its like velvet...
No popping or spitting whatsoever. Just smooth rich flavour. Its so quiet.
Dont know if its the Petri or the coils (havent vaped on these alien clapton type coils before). Probably the combination of the two.

Whatever it is - this is superb

Thanks to all of you who egged me on to get this atty!!

:FADDANCING:
It's the S Class of RDA's :)

Ok it's day two on this device. Same coils and same wick. Same juice. 'Guava Ice'

And it's still superb! Very pleased that last nights great experience is continuing.

Am very happy indeed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1489315421.372166.jpg

@Silver u need the blue mech now

Thanks @incredible_hullk - i know, that blue mech is calling...
It would look stunning on the matching blue Petri mech tube...
Im just not a big fan of pressing the button at the bottom. Had a nemesis in the old days and didnt like the feeling of pressing the bottom fire button, so that puts me off a bit. But perhaps my preferences have changed... Will play with this topper for a bit and experiment more first...

@Silver
This is one of my atty's that will never be sold. :) So much potential if built correctly.
View attachment 87966
View attachment 87967
View attachment 87969

Thanks @KZOR
Those builds look amazing
I have not tried any builds myself in this yet - the build in it at the moment is working so nicely
Am probably gonna sweat these coils as long as possible :D

I also want to experiment with some of the custom coils made by the experts on here like RiaanRed - so am looking forward to that. I dont see myself building any exptics for some time. Hehe

It's the S Class of RDA's :)

Lol @KB_314 - will have to take your word for it

Other than my BF atties for the Reo, I have not had much experience with drippers. I had the IGO-L shortly after I started vaping and then about a year or so ago I got the Doge V2.

So its probably a bit of a shame that I dont have much to compare the Petri to.
But I will gladly accept the "S-Class analogy" with a smile then...

Last edited:
@Silver there are a lot of exceptional RDA's that rise above the flock IMO (and hordes of them that belong with the flock). For 22mm size RDA's the Petri V2 is among the better choices. DotMod misses the boat though by not including a squonk pin with them like many other RDA's are coming with now days. I've toyed with getting a pin for my V2, but with so many other RDA's that included them and my endless BF RDA's for the Reos I've decided to leave the Petri as is. It serves mostly to try out my new recipes now days (the Hadaly's took over dripping DIY ADV's it once did).

@Silver there are a lot of exceptional RDA's that rise above the flock IMO (and hordes of them that belong with the flock). For 22mm size RDA's the Petri V2 is among the better choices. DotMod misses the boat though by not including a squonk pin with them like many other RDA's are coming with now days. I've toyed with getting a pin for my V2, but with so many other RDA's that included them and my endless BF RDA's for the Reos I've decided to leave the Petri as is. It serves mostly to try out my new recipes now days (the Hadaly's took over dripping DIY ADV's it once did).

Thanks @Spydro - i am just enjoying it and glad to hear you think its among the better choices
Am loving its smoothness and rich flavour

I love my Petris. They just work so well and give great flavour. I'm just running a simple dual 5 wrap 26ga 3mm ID SS build and it performs flawlessly.
I have my blue one bottom fed so it lives on my Leprechaun. Because the hole is in the actual peek deck it drains perfectly.

I have a 22mm Goon I want to try out and see how it compares.

I love my Petris. They just work so well and give great flavour. I'm just running a simple dual 5 wrap 26ga 3mm ID SS build and it performs flawlessly.
I have my blue one bottom fed so it lives on my Leprechaun. Because the hole is in the actual peek deck it drains perfectly.

I have a 22mm Goon I want to try out and see how it compares.

Thanks @spiv
Let us know how the Goon22 compares when you get a chance to test it

For me personally the Petri is still better than the Goon 22.

Benefits of the Goon though is build deck and adjustable airflow.

Then again I don't feel I ever need different airflow on the Petri

Thanks @spiv
Let us know how the Goon22 compares when you get a chance to test it

I took my Petri off my Leprechaun last night and put on the Goon 22. Exactly the same build (Dual 26ga SS 3mm ID 5 wraps coming to around 0.23ohms) with a fresh battery and it was really really great. Lots of flavour coming through with 2 holes open on either side. I tried it with one to "mimic" the airflow with just one hole open on either side but it wasn't loving it. It felt more restricted than the Petri, which is weird.
I just prefer the Petri though. It just feels smoother and richer and has just that little bit more flavour.
The Goon 22 is still on the Leprechaun because that squonking action is so natural that I squonk and wet the wicks. Also, it's not a bad experience at all. I'll take it off when the wicks get dry so I can put it on something else.

Back