Cancer after 6 years of vaping.

Johnny2Puffs

10 year Vapor.
LV

Awards
Not sure if I have posted this here before but my mind is running a hundred miles a minute.

Me and wife gave up smoking 6 or 7 years ago and took up vaping. Now she has been diagnosed with throat cancer.

They say it is due to excessive smoking.
This is not cool as we rent a flat in Viana do Castelo and had to rent a holiday flat in Porto for her oncology treatment for 7 weeks. The extra expense does not matter as my wife's health is more important.
She has to do 3 Chemo's and 33 Radio therapies over the 7 weeks. A feeding tube was inserted into her stomach as she could not eat. I have to inject food into it. Not nice at all.
I am so down at the moment and thinking "how long does the body take to rejuvenate after cessation of smoking".

Not sure if I have posted this here before but my mind is running a hundred miles a minute.

Me and wife gave up smoking 6 or 7 years ago and took up vaping. Now she has been diagnosed with throat cancer.

This is not cool as we rent a flat in Viana do Castelo and had to rent a holiday flat in Porto for her oncology treatment for 7 weeks. The extra expense does not matter as my wife's health is more important.
She has to do 3 Chemo's and 33 Radio therapies over the 7 weeks. A feeding tube was inserted into her stomach as she could not eat. I have to inject food into it. Not nice at all.
I am so down at the moment and thinking "how long does the body take to rejuvenate after cessation of smoking".
I'm so sorry that you're going through that with your loved wife. My heart goes out to you. It is going to take so much bravery going forwards.

Oh no @Johnny2Puffs
I am so very sorry to hear about this
What terrible news and situation

Strength to you and your wife in this difficult time.
Praying for you guys that she can get better and make a good recovery

As far as stopping smoking goes, i think many of us wonder whether cancer will surface at some point later on. It is a very uncomfortable feeling and i share your question on how long does it take to "regenerate" from smoking - if that is at all possible.

Please let us know how it goes

Sorry to hear this @Johnny2Puffs
I wish your wife a speedy recovery and both of yous strength in this time.
Yous will be in my prayers.

As for the time frame it takes for our bodies to clear of the toxins from smoking.
Our bodies are all genetically diffrent, some people it can take a year to rid of toxins others it can take anything up too ten years even.

My father after 2 years of quiting his 25 year habbit went for tests and the doctors said they could not pick up any traces he used to smoke.

But then i also knew someone who smoked and after 10 years the doctors could still pick up she was a ex smoker.

Once again i wish yous all strength.

2PuffsNot sure if I have posted this here before but my mind is running a hundred miles a minute.

@Johnny2Puffs ,so sorry for your wife's health crisis.Try to be strong as it sounds like you are her rock. I guess as former smokers we are never truly out of the woods unfortunately,just know your forum friends are here for you and our prayers will be asking for a positive outcome for the both of you.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Will keep you in our prayers.

Wow @Johnny2Puffs , words cannot accurately pass on my sympathies to what that must be like to go through. You guys will certainly be in my thoughts and I hope the treatment knocks the shit out of that cancer.

I knew a woman that got lung cancer and was told it was from smoking, yet she had never had a cigarette in her life. Her husband had chain-smoked around her so then the doctors quickly changed their minds and said it must have come as a result of that. But even that he had always been careful not to smoke around her or the kids. I think sometimes these things happen despite any precautions.

@Johnny2Puffs, So sorry to hear dude. I lost my father 3 weeks ago to cancer. He had mesothelioma.

Look into Cannabis treatments. When my dad was first diagnosed doctors gave him 3 months to live. That was 4 years ago. To this day I still believe it was the Cannabis oil that helped so much. It slowed down the cancer and it helped a lot with pain management.

Good luck to you and your wife for this is a terrible road to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it cancer ( most if not all) occurs when the DNA in the cell is damaged. The body has mechanisms to destroy damaged cells but with excessive exposure to the source that is damaging cells it cant keep up. Over years the few damaged cells that remain have replicated and become clusters of damaged cells acting out of how those should because DNA along with hormones and other chemical dictate how they should behave. This is generally when doctors pick it up. So in short cancer starts years before its diagnosed. The body repairs, replaces and fights off damage but it can never truly correct (rejuvenate) itself.

I stand to be correct as that the little I can recall from high school.

God be with you and your wife in this time.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Much appreciated as we have no support here other than the medical team.
I have been looking at cannabis oil on the internet and how it kick starts the body's immune system to fight most cancers. My wife is willing to try anything but even though cannabis usage is not a criminal offence here it cannot be purchased.
You can buy it online in the US but they will not ship outside of the US but I will carry on searching.

Wishing you and your wife much strength @Johnny2Puffs - someone close to us is benefiting from cannabis treatment and their starting point was just asking their family doctor about it (but I guess it depends on the doctor and the relationship). Thoughts are with you

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Much appreciated as we have no support here other than the medical team.
I have been looking at cannabis oil on the internet and how it kick starts the body's immune system to fight most cancers. My wife is willing to try anything but even though cannabis usage is not a criminal offence here it cannot be purchased.
You can buy it online in the US but they will not ship outside of the US but I will carry on searching.

Time to grow bud :lipssealed:

So sorry to hear about this news :( Thoughts are with you and your wife.
This coming weekend we going to visit my girls grandfather in Richards Bay, just recently discovered he's got lung cancer and also too late in discovery :( Never smoked in his life but worked in the coal mines.

Without sounding like a vegan hippy, Please look into the benefits of an all vegetable diet. Saw a very eye opening documentary regarding how it's very beneficial to cancer patients. I myself still eat meat, my girl wants to change and trying to get her family to do the same for her grandfather. Show was called Forks Over Knives.

Unfortunately .... there is no time frame ... and the damage cigarettes does is tremendous ... its a killing drug ... we all took willingly ... but once it has you .. you are hooked ... and it destroys you, your body and your soul .... watch the movie ... A billion Lives ... and eye opener!!!
So sorry for what is happening to you ... cannibis ... is the help you might need ... stongs!!

This all comes down to what they were trying to say in the movie "A billion lives" I know I am going to pay for being a smoker since the age of 13 ... no wait I was a smoker in my mothers womb .... when smoking was cool ... and veryone did it .... but I am now glad I found a replacement ... VAPING .. and I can feel the difference ....

So sorry to hear about this news :( Thoughts are with you and your wife.
This coming weekend we going to visit my girls grandfather in Richards Bay, just recently discovered he's got lung cancer and also too late in discovery :( Never smoked in his life but worked in the coal mines.

Without sounding like a vegan hippy, Please look into the benefits of an all vegetable diet. Saw a very eye opening documentary regarding how it's very beneficial to cancer patients. I myself still eat meat, my girl wants to change and trying to get her family to do the same for her grandfather. Show was called Forks Over Knives.

Also cancer thrives in acid ... so anybody who has cancer has high acid levels .... so try and neutralise your acid in your body .... just a thought

Im so sorry to hear this.
My heart goes out to you both, light and love sent.
Fight it!Never give up, our family is also plagued with this terrible disease.

so sorry to hear about this, but unfortunately that b@#$%rd thing that is called cancer doesnt discriminate . my mum got lung cancer and nor her or my dad ever been smokers . I hope for your wife she s gonna be able to beat that fuc%$er.

I'm so sorry to read about your wife's cancer @Johnny2Puffs - while I cannot take away the anguish you and wife are going through, I can offer my condolences and my prayers to the lord to lay his healing hands upon your family in this time
If I know ecigssa, the whole community is here wishing your wife a speedy recovery!

Having lost 3 family members to cancer and 2 in remission i would like to wish you all of the best, im not sure if you are religious but i will pray for your wife to make a full recovery. The fact is CANCER CAN BE BEATEN

Thanks guys. I love SA and don't want to diss it ever but we are now so glad to be in Portugal in this time of crises.
Portugal is at the forefront of the most up to date cancer treatments in the world. The IPO Oncology Hospital in Porto where my wife is been treated was the first hospital to use the Radio Surgery method with great success.

Sorry to bant but I must praise this hospital. It is a government hospital so treatment is free of charge. They even supply my wife with food during her treatments. Hell....Lamb shanks, roast potatoes and veggies. For free. I have to go out to the canteen to buy the same for €3.00. What a bargain.

All special soaps to use beforehand and creams and gargling stuff is supplied for free. They even gave her a gown and slippers for free. There is even a hostel where she could stay for free with 5 meals a day (Porras eat 4 small meals a day and 1 big one) with transport to the hospital and back. I could have stayed with her but no food so we declined. No 7 weeks of MacBurgers for me.

The system is all automated and after your team of docs determine your treatment and dose of radiation and chemo, the electronic system takes over.
You will get emails every day with times and where you must go for the next day. This could be nursing, treatment, ENT etc. Every dept has a kiosk machine that prints out your day events for the day and even the future events as it may change.
The doctors have no control of this as it is automated from start. They expect you when you insert your card into the kiosk upon arrival.

Back