Why do people offer opinions when not asked for?

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
My wife went for a routine Mammogram a while back. During the routine questions asked she was asked if she smokes which was a no as she's never smoked. Then she was asked if I smoke which I sort of understand as second hand smoke can be an issue. My wife answered I don't smoke anymore but I vape. The radiologist nurse then offered her opinion that vaping is far more dangerous than smoking. Now this is just the sort of information that someone like my wife loves to hear. For @@@@ @@@@@. Of course I never heard this being said and it has only just been relayed to me weeks after the Mammogram. I have no way of knowing if it was actually said or my wife just threw it in for good measure while I was rewicking my devices.
So damn frustrating if it was actually said.

Last edited:
I would expect a person in the medical industry to have a balanced and "well read" (informed) opinion on the differences between vaping and smoking...

Maybe my expectations are too high?

My wife went for a routine Mammogram a while back. During the routine questions asked she was asked if she smokes which was a no as she's never smoked. Then she was asked if I smoke which I sort of understand as second hand smoke can be an issue. My wife answered I don't smoke anymore but I vape. The radiologist nurse then offered her opinion that vaping is far more dangerous than smoking. Now this is just the sort of information that someone like my wife loves to hear. For @@@@ @@@@@. Of course I never heard this being said and it has only just been relayed to me weeks after the Mammogram. I have no way of knowing if it was actually said or my wife just threw it in for good measure while I was rewicking my devices.

Hey there, Stew! First off, I get your frustration, and it's not uncommon to come across varying opinions about vaping. The realm of misinformation can be confusing, especially when it comes to healthcare professionals sharing personal views. It's crucial to remember that the landscape of vaping is still evolving, and there's ongoing research to understand its impact fully.

In the meantime, many people have successfully transitioned from smoking to vaping as a harm-reduction strategy. Numerous studies suggest that while not risk-free, vaping is generally considered less harmful than traditional smoking. Maybe having an open conversation with your wife about the potential benefits and risks could help dispel some concerns. And hey, if you ever need more info to back up your vaping choices, the community here is always ready to help! Keep on vaping responsibly!

I th8nk it's safe to say that the medical fraternity in it's majority has no cooking clue of what vaping is, it's advantages or dangers.... they don't teach about it at school yet! And whatever advice you'll get would most likely be based on personal experience, vague rumours and hearsay as there are very few peer reviewed research articles on the subject and more importantly very little consensus. I personally had discussions with Professors who think vaping is worse than smoking with obviously nothing much to back their opinion apart from the fear of the unknown!

I th8nk it's safe to say that the medical fraternity in it's majority has no cooking clue of what vaping is, it's advantages or dangers.... they don't teach about it at school yet! And whatever advice you'll get would most likely be based on personal experience, vague rumours and hearsay as there are very few peer reviewed research articles on the subject and more importantly very little consensus. I personally had discussions with Professors who think vaping is worse than smoking with obviously nothing much to back their opinion apart from the fear of the unknown!
It's unfortunate that even some in the medical community might be influenced by misconceptions. Remember, it's crucial to rely on trustworthy sources for information. As they say, "Stop getting your news from Facebook." Seeking evidence-based facts is key to understanding the complexities of vaping. Let's hope for more informed discussions in the future.

It's unfortunate that even some in the medical community might be influenced by misconceptions. Remember, it's crucial to rely on trustworthy sources for information. As they say, "Stop getting your news from Facebook." Seeking evidence-based facts is key to understanding the complexities of vaping. Let's hope for more informed discussions in the future.
Unfortunately trying to enlighten people who won't read more than one sentence about a topic they have already formed an option on from social media is impossible.

So tell them I'm not interested. Democracy!

Back