Carrot Cake Recipe Help - Yes, we Can!

Rude Rudi

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
So, my nemesis must be conquered = Carrot cake! This is a stunning flavour but I have not been able to craft a decent recipe with it - partly due to the "bom-skok" when I tried CLY Carrot Cake as a 4% stand-alone and partly due to the lack of a crucial ingredient = Cream Cheese Icing.

I finally received my LA Cream Cheese Icing and am ready to tackle this BUT I need your help!!!

I found a stunning recipe here by Trevorxgage with a very detailed breakdown of the recipe development process and flavour descriptions. I feel that this is the best interpenetration of carrot cake but I have 2 challenges:

1. The source recipe contains no nuts and no self respecting carrot cake is devoid of nuts! A suggestion is to add FA walnut, FA nut mix or FW butter pecan. I'm leaning towards Better Pecan @ 2%

2. The recipe contains NF Carrot Cake @ 1.75 and I want to use CLY Carrot Cake. I'm thinking 1 - 1.5% CLY Carrot cake...?

Have a look at the 2 options = original and my suggested alternations/additions:

Carrot Cake - Original Recipe
NF Carrot Cake - @1.75%
JF Yellow Cake - @2.5%
TFA Cheesecake with Graham - 2%
TFA Butter - @1%
LA Cream Cheese Icing - @2.5%
FA Marshmallow - @1%
FA Meringue - @1%
FA Joy - @.75%
FW Butterscotch Ripple - @2%
TFA Vanilla Cupcake - @2%
Sweetener - @.25-1%

Carrot Cake - Amended (changes in italics)
CLY Carrot Cake - @1%
FW Yellow Cake - @2.5%

TFA Butter - @1% OR Cap Butter/Butter Cream
FA Marshmallow - @1%
FA Meringue - @1%
FA Joy - @.75%
Sweetener - @.25-1%
FW Butter Pecan - @3%

C'mon okes, together we can do it!

maxresdefault.jpg

@method1 @RichJB @Andre @rogue zombie @incredible_hullk @Stoefnick @Deckie @Soutie @KZOR @Huffapuff @Greyz

Last edited:
FW Yellow Cake is a no from all that I have read. Rather CAP Yellow Cake (which is more of a white cake). Acetyl Pyrazine will add an illusion of nuts, starting at 0.25 %.
NF Carrot Cake available at Valley Vapour.

Yoh!.... good luck dude. Carrot cake is a very difficult recipe to get right. I have tried and failed miserably.

Have you tried a simple version yet. A base?

I would go

NF Carrot Cake
CAP Yellow Cake
LA Cream Cheese
FW Butter Pecan or Nuts of choice
Acetyl Pyrazine

Not sure about percentages though. I haven't used those ingredients.

FW Yellow Cake is a no from all that I have read. Rather CAP Yellow Cake (which is more of a white cake). Acetyl Pyrazine will add an illusion of nuts, starting at 0.25 %.
NF Carrot Cake available at Valley Vapour.

OK, I ordered the JF Yellow Cake as I have heard good things... Thought I'd use what I have - let me rather do it properly.
NF Carrot Cake ordered as well - same principle as above!

Butter pecan is not what you're looking for. It adds a very caramelized/buttery pecan nut taste, low on nut high on caramelized sweetness.

FW butter pecan can be extremely rich even at 2%.

I'd suggest trying another nut flavor for that fresh raw pecan taste you get from carrot cake.

So, I made the Carrot Cake as per the original recipe and added Pecan and a touch of AP to bring the nuttiness out. Now for a steep...

Will keep you posted!

NF Carrot Cake - @1.75%
JF Yellow Cake - @2.5%
TFA Butter - @1%
FA Marshmallow - @1%
FA Meringue - @1%
FA Joy - @.75%
Sweetener - @.25-1%
TFA Pecan - @2%
AP - @.25%

So, I made the Carrot Cake as per the original recipe and added Pecan and a touch of AP to bring the nuttiness out. Now for a steep...

Will keep you posted!

NF Carrot Cake - @1.75%
JF Yellow Cake - @2.5%
TFA Butter - @1%
FA Marshmallow - @1%
FA Meringue - @1%
FA Joy - @.75%
Sweetener - @.25-1%
TFA Pecan - @2%
AP - @.25%
OK - So at this stage, I'll stick to the source recipe and the only addition will be nuts of sorts...
Pecan, AP, nut mix, pecan butter?

Have you tried the original recipe?

Hi @Rude Rudi , May I humbly suggest you also make a small batch of the original recipe without any deviations or additions. Just so you can judge the difference your changes/additions have made and to use as benchmark for further fine tuning.

Good luck with this and keep sharing your experiences on this please.

Regards

Hi @Rude Rudi , May I humbly suggest you also make a small batch of the original recipe without any deviations or additions. Just so you can judge the difference your changes/additions have made and to use as benchmark for further fine tuning.

Good luck with this and keep sharing your experiences on this please.

Regards

Cool, sounds like a plan... ;)

OK, an update on Project Carrot Cake...

The NF carrot cake is rather potent and careful balancing is required. The first batch I made as per the original recipe calls for 1.75% NF Carrot Cake which proved VERY overpowering. The nutmeg and Allspice profile overpowered the cake profile completely and does not allow the icing element to show itself.

On the second batch I lowered the NF Carrot cake to .6% and it is a vast improvement but still too overbearing. As per the NF website, "a little goes a long way" and that is no lie! Although the flavour is 100% there - it is simply too strong, even at 0.6%.

I am going to mix another batch at 0.3% which will hopefully yield the desired results...

Do not disturb
@Rude Rudi hard at work on Project Carrot Cake

:D

image.jpg

Back