Cigarette smokers generally smoke one brand, vapers have multiple brands, why?

The big reason why we vape different juices is because they are available. I smoked camel because I enjoyed it the most out of all the tobacco tastes available for cigarettes. I was loyal to the brand for 25 years and now that I vape I can understand why I would never consider returning to the smokes. Tastes are as diverse as the West Coast fynbos. As a smoker I conditioned my taste buds over a long period of time to get used to the taste of a cigarette and even convinced my mind that it tasted good.
Now that my taste is back to normal again there is no way my brain and buds allow me to prefer Camel taste over banana, strawberry milkshake, coffee cake, mint ice cream, naartjie popsicle and so on.
Glad I did the switch from a monotonous taste to the palate pleasing variety up for offer. :)

People are addicted to vaping as well, though. Why can they drink the same brand of coffee for years without wanting to change, but can't vape the same brand of juice for years?

There are some flavours we just don't seem to tire of, and some we do. Take bread. I'm sure most of us eat it on a daily basis and have done for as long as we can remember. Yet you won't hear anybody saying "Ag, I'm so gatvol of the taste of bread." But now you take that same person and give him spaghetti bolognaise every night for two weeks, guaranteed he will complain and not want it again. Why doesn't he get sick of bread in the same way?
Because you can have it with butter, or peanut butter and syrup or jam, or marmite or scrambled eggs, or .... or.... Braaibroodjies!
I wonder if the Italians eat spaghetti bolognaise more often?

Well then take a glass of milk. Not with Nesquik or anything else in. Just plain milk. People can have a glass of milk every morning their whole lives. They will never say that they are tired of milk and don't want to drink it anymore. Some people are lactose intolerant but that's a different thing. For people who can take milk, they will have it in their tea and coffee, in their breakfast cereal, drink a glass of it, and never once feel that they have got tired of the taste and don't want it any more.

One thing I wouldn't be able to do, though, is to drink a Milky Lane milkshake every day because that I would tire of quite quickly. Why? What is in that which isn't in plain milk? Answer: flavourings. And a bunch of sugar too. But I don't think that's the problem, I think the problem is with the flavourings. Things like milk and bread have a very plain and subtle taste. But a milkshake has a very rich and in-yer-face flavour. We just can't take too much of it before getting sick of it. I suspect this is the problem with vape juices too. The flavour is just too rich and up front.

Back