Cloud blowing competition entries - Cape Town Vape Meet

No worries then for me. I use a 35A efest and have a daily vape of .2ohm , so Awesome. this brings lot more competition to the comp. Unfortunately the 26650 guys will have the upper hand. :think:

We're not regulating resistance, but regulating battery type. So now cloud blowing with non vtc4/5, inr 25r, or atleast the efest 35A. You will of course be advised on beforehand if your build is dangerous or possible of venting.

The type of coil-style you use is obviously your own choice.

@Marzuq can clarify further if I've missed any other details

rules will be cleared up by @Cape vaping supplies @Gazzacpt @Yusuf Cape Vaper @Zegee @Riaz and @Rellik
,guys please jump in and advise where possible

No worries then for me. I use a 35A efest and have a daily vape of .2ohm , so Awesome. this brings lot more competition to the comp. Unfortunately the 26650 guys will have the upper hand. :think:
The continuous discharge rating of that Efest is 20A. At 0.2 ohms you are pulling 21A on a fresh battery.

Look a VTC 5 is rated at 30A max continuous current draw. Thats 0.14 ohms. I for one don't want to see ppl having faces deconstructed so lets not be silly about this. We all adults and should all be concerned about mod and batt safety. We have a responsibility to the community, the venue and our persons. Build a coil thats within the specs your battery can handle. If you rock up with a 0.1 ohm build and a trustfire battery we will have no choice but to stop you from vaping it in the venue. Be responsible guys.

Look a VTC 5 is rated at 30A max continuous current draw. Thats 0.14 ohms. I for one don't want to see ppl having faces deconstructed so lets not be silly about this. We all adults and should all be concerned about mod and batt safety. We have a responsibility to the community, the venue and our persons. Build a coil thats within the specs your battery can handle. If you rock up with a 0.1 ohm build and a trustfire battery we will have no choice but to stop you from vaping it in the venue. Be responsible guys.
And that 0.14 is leaving no margin for safety.

What he said

And that 0.14 is leaving no margin for safety.

In all honesty, we do not run continuous amp at low builds. So 0.14 is fine. My vtc runs at 0.15 all day long and remains cool. But yeah, we do stress on battery safety. If you DO NOT know your battery or the capabilities of it, please refrain from pushing it to the limit.

In all honesty, we do not run continuous amp at low builds. So 0.14 is fine. My vtc runs at 0.15 all day long and remains cool. But yeah, we do stress on battery safety. If you DO NOT know your battery or the capabilities of it, please refrain from pushing it to the limit.
Not criticising at all. If you feel comfortable with that for yourself no problem from my side. But I am not comfortable with that as it goes against all I have learned about battery safety and would not want to be around you, if you do not mind. Of course all I have learned might be wrong, but I would need to be shown that. From what @johan said the other day pulse rating is being standardised as 1 second pulses.

Last edited:
Not criticising at all. If you feel comfortable with that for yourself no problem from my side. But I am not comfortable with that as it goes against all I have learned about battery safety and would not want to be around you, if you do not mind. Of course all I have learned might be wrong, but I would need to be shown that. From what @johan said the other day pulse rating is measured as 1 second pulses.

Lol no problem sir Andre.

We're not regulating resistance, but regulating battery type. So now cloud blowing with non vtc4/5, inr 25r, or atleast the efest 35A. You will of course be advised on beforehand if your build is dangerous or possible of venting.

The type of coil-style you use is obviously your own choice.

@Marzuq can clarify further if I've missed any other details

I'll be running a 26650... will you guys be considering the pulse rating safe? I'm somewhere around 0.08 I think.
I would however like to know what is a pulse :giggle:

Last edited:
Aw man @RevnLucky7 you know you're gonna kick ass too hard lol. Bring @Nimbus_Cloud Cloud with. I'll trust your build even if it's 0.008. So don't worry you're safe no matter what

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofc safety first.:wait: No Doubt

TBH I think having half a face would be very worth winning prizes at this vape meet 8--)

Last edited:
ROFL @Andre

10360548_10152463417625913_1685794666811034197_n.jpg

Reason I'm trying this on a quad setup is determine what it does opposed to dual parallels.... also running at 0.08...
In all honesty, I know I'm verging here, but I have no idea what a pulse is... one seconds.... three seconds?

Aw man @RevnLucky7 you know you're gonna kick ass too hard lol. Bring @Nimbus_Cloud Cloud with. I'll trust your build even if it's 0.008. So don't worry you're safe no matter what

You give me way too much credit mate. There's some serious chasers on that list with way bigger chests than me :-D I just want to see where how I do up against them.

EDIT: Tried it....Had to rewick.... cotton wasn't enough.... still happier with dual parallels

Last edited:
Ok, so who is officially In charge of this event?

Can we please have a set of rules -
minimum ohm
Batteries
Coils

I need to prepare and trial and error before this meet ty.

Someone clarify. I gotta get building !!! And im sure the rest of the pumpkins entering.

Me also! i need to know what to build... NOOB ALERT

ROFL @Andre

10360548_10152463417625913_1685794666811034197_n.jpg

Reason I'm trying this on a quad setup is determine what it does opposed to dual parallels.... also running at 0.08...
In all honesty, I know I'm verging here, but I have no idea what a pulse is... one seconds.... three seconds?

You give me way too much credit mate. There's some serious chasers on that list
with way bigger chests than me :-D I just want to see where how I do up against them.

EDIT: Tried it....Had to rewick.... cotton wasn't enough.... still happier with dual parallels

Check out Cloud Chasers Incorporated (CCI) on Facebook. They are hardcore chasers and they maintain that pulse is 1-5 seconds. Tube mods running at 0.07 with a vtc. I wouldn't go that low but I once went down to 0.09 and once the battery got a little hot (after about 6 3second hits) I decided to chuck the coil coz I was scared lol.

Check out Cloud Chasers Incorporated (CCI) on Facebook. They are hardcore chasers and they maintain that pulse is 1-5 seconds. Tube mods running at 0.07 with a vtc. I wouldn't go that low but I once went down to 0.09 and once the battery got a little hot (after about 6 3second hits) I decided to chuck the coil coz I was scared lol.

We've been playing in between the 0.15 - 0.08 mark, but I'm convinced big slits is not the way to go. I've been seeing videos lately that look unusually freakish in the cloud chasing department and even when I copy the builds I just can't draw that much into my lungs. No doubt it takes some serious practice training yourself to inhale with the diaphragm and getting your capacity up but these guys are like next level. They also seem to be using atties drilled like this. I also can't manage anything over a 3/4 second draw.

10430471_730498207037844_952667000619883127_n.jpg

We've been playing in between the 0.15 - 0.08 mark, but I'm convinced big slits is not the way too go. I've been seeing videos lately that look unusually freakish in the cloud chasing department and even when I copy the builds I just can't draw that much into my lungs. No doubt it takes some serious practice training yourself to inhale with the diaphragm and getting your capacity up but these guys are like next level. They also seem to be using atties drilled like this. I also can't manage anything over a 3/4 second draw.

10430471_730498207037844_952667000619883127_n.jpg

Yeah I think if the slits are too big, you draw in too much air which doesn't give you a dense Vape? I've been researching and practicing on cloud chasing for a good while now, and it's not as simple. Rip trippers intro's to cloud chasing is just the beginning body posture, tip toes, inhale-exhale, mouth, everything. Intense load of science imo haha

Hey guys, Any news on final rules for this?

@Nimbus_Cloud the competition rules have been uploaded as part of the agenda. Please check out this thread http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/cape-town-meet-3-agenda.7259/

We are happy to hear your team will still be attending the vape meet.

Out of respect for the vendors who have opted to have a table and make use of the free advertising and trading space, we request that no branded clothing or advertising be done by any vendor attending the vape meet who has not reserved a table. Ill be posting this up in the main thread as well so all vendors and members are aware. Thanks for understanding.

Great thanks! Not sure who all is coming through but I'll be attending in personal capacity so no branding.

See you all tomorrow:)

For all those who are entering the cloud blowing competition, please see links below from Rip Trippers on cloud chasing :D Part 1 and 2, if you are interested. It's an art I tell you :--P

For all those who are entering the cloud blowing competition, please see links below from Rip Trippers on cloud chasing :D Part 1 and 2, if you are interested. It's an art I tell you :--P

And that just scratches the surface:p

Back