Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Am starting this thread to house any reviews you may have on using the Clyrolinx concentrates

OK, so I have finally got around to testing my single Cly mixes after a looooong steep (3 weeks+). After all the reports of perfumey results I was worried but this is what I've found so far:

Malt (1%): quite a neutral dense inhale, the exhale provides a sweetish malt-caramel particularly on the roof of the mouth. I think this could make an interesting sub for caramel or butterscotch in some mixes.

Cerelac (3%): it does give the impression of instant wheat-based porridge. Think of it as sand-coloured Pronutro with a prominent honey note. I'm guessing this is the Wheat & Honey version of Cerelac rather than the Wheat original. I have no idea how I'd use it, though. It's not a tasty standalone vape.

English Toffee (2.5%): both smelled and vaped the best of all I've tried so far. This isn't hard toffee sucking sweets or snap toffee slabs, it's like the soft melt-in-the-mouth toffee squares you get in boxes. It has a creamy/buttery texture that tends towards milkiness. Definitely not a heavy toffee, it's light and sweet but not cloying.

Condensed Milk (2%): authentic caramel-y CM flavour but it's not the white milky liquid. To me it tastes like it's been heated and caramelised slightly, about halfway between the white original and the thick brown caramel dessert topping that comes in the same style of can. Sweetness is about right but there is a strange dryness to the texture. If they could have got the same milkiness as the English Toffee, this one would have nailed it.

Strawberry (3%): unashamedly artificial Nesquik/pink 'house brand' ice cream flavour. It wouldn't work in a strawberry daiquiri or recipes that require authentic strawberry, but will be viable for ice creams and candies.

Passion Fruit (3%): perfumey, nasty astringent note. It might work at 2% but the flavour is very artificial as well. It smells very identifiably passion fruit but not something I'd want to vape. I would avoid this.

Cherry (2%): I'm getting absolutely nothing from this. I initially used it at 2% with 3% FA Cola as per HIC's Cherry Cola recipe - and only tasted the cola. So I tried it at 2% solo and it's like vaping base. I've increased it now and will try again after a short steep.

Milk Tart (2%): I initially used this at 3% with 3% FA Forrest Berry, and ditched it immediately as perfume. I bumped it down to 2% solo and it smelled dry while steeping. That's how it vapes too. There is a very, very faint flavour which I could best describe as dry Marie biscuit crumbs. And it's right on the edge of perfume, even at that low concentration. I got a slight headache from vaping this and doubt I will try it again at any concentration. This one seems like a bust.

OK, so I have finally got around to testing my single Cly mixes after a looooong steep (3 weeks+). After all the reports of perfumey results I was worried but this is what I've found so far:

Malt (1%): quite a neutral dense inhale, the exhale provides a sweetish malt-caramel particularly on the roof of the mouth. I think this could make an interesting sub for caramel or butterscotch in some mixes.

Cerelac (3%): it does give the impression of instant wheat-based porridge. Think of it as sand-coloured Pronutro with a prominent honey note. I'm guessing this is the Wheat & Honey version of Cerelac rather than the Wheat original. I have no idea how I'd use it, though. It's not a tasty standalone vape.

English Toffee (2.5%): both smelled and vaped the best of all I've tried so far. This isn't hard toffee sucking sweets or snap toffee slabs, it's like the soft melt-in-the-mouth toffee squares you get in boxes. It has a creamy/buttery texture that tends towards milkiness. Definitely not a heavy toffee, it's light and sweet but not cloying.

Condensed Milk (2%): authentic caramel-y CM flavour but it's not the white milky liquid. To me it tastes like it's been heated and caramelised slightly, about halfway between the white original and the thick brown caramel dessert topping that comes in the same style of can. Sweetness is about right but there is a strange dryness to the texture. If they could have got the same milkiness as the English Toffee, this one would have nailed it.

Strawberry (3%): unashamedly artificial Nesquik/pink 'house brand' ice cream flavour. It wouldn't work in a strawberry daiquiri or recipes that require authentic strawberry, but will be viable for ice creams and candies.

Passion Fruit (3%): perfumey, nasty astringent note. It might work at 2% but the flavour is very artificial as well. It smells very identifiably passion fruit but not something I'd want to vape. I would avoid this.

Cherry (2%): I'm getting absolutely nothing from this. I initially used it at 2% with 3% FA Cola as per HIC's Cherry Cola recipe - and only tasted the cola. So I tried it at 2% solo and it's like vaping base. I've increased it now and will try again after a short steep.

Milk Tart (2%): I initially used this at 3% with 3% FA Forrest Berry, and ditched it immediately as perfume. I bumped it down to 2% solo and it smelled dry while steeping. That's how it vapes too. There is a very, very faint flavour which I could best describe as dry Marie biscuit crumbs. And it's right on the edge of perfume, even at that low concentration. I got a slight headache from vaping this and doubt I will try it again at any concentration. This one seems like a bust.

Very informative. THANK YOU!

Thanks for this - very welcomed info.
I'm very happy with the citrus flavours and off course my beloved Malva!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks @RichJB . I have been dreading to go back to my CLY testers. Will do tonight and report back tomorrow. My Pirates notes is also about finshed, now just to find the time to type it all out

Thanks for this @RichJB. Going straight into my recipe calculator notes.

Have moved the above informative post by @RichJB and a few subsequent posts to this Clyrolinx Concentrate Reviews thread. It was previously in the "is local lekker?" thread. Will be easier to find here in future.

Thanks for the excellent feedback on these local concentrates @RichJB !

The strawberry works very well as a base at 1.5 %. Litchi, cream soda and cherry are awesome as single concentrate. It took me a few weeks to learn to work with clyro concentrates, but all my customers are extremely happy with the flavor. I've worked with many flavors and like 95% but that is obvious as we all like our different tastes and our own pallets are all different. I only work with cly concentrates today and use to work with tfa. Clyro is bringing out another 11 flavours which I have yet to taste. If you get your streathing proccess of clyro flavours correct they are amazing. If any one needs advice on mixing clyro flavours pm me. Geoff is also awesome, he will go out his way to help in any way possible!!

The strawberry works very well as a base at 1.5 %. Litchi, cream soda and cherry are awesome as single concentrate. It took me a few weeks to learn to work with clyro concentrates, but all my customers are extremely happy with the flavor. I've worked with many flavors and like 95% but that is obvious as we all like our different tastes and our own pallets are all different. I only work with cly concentrates today and use to work with tfa. Clyro is bringing out another 11 flavours which I have yet to taste. If you get your streathing proccess of clyro flavours correct they are amazing. If any one needs advice on mixing clyro flavours pm me. Geoff is also awesome, he will go out his way to help in any way possible!!
I agree, Litchi and Cream soda is very nice as singleflavors, I still need to try the cherry.

I only been mixing single flavors and now would like to try Clyrolinx only mixes. Anyone got nice new recipes with only CLY concentrates? (Besides Malva and Apricot, lol)

I agree, Litchi and Cream soda is very nice as singleflavors, I still need to try the cherry.

I only been mixing single flavors and now would like to try Clyrolinx only mixes. Anyone got nice new recipes with only CLY concentrates? (Besides Malva and Apricot, lol)
Hey bru

You must try out the banana, berries, the vanilla and custard are also good, but you would be using them for a mix, also if u have strawberry try out a strawberry and litchi mix at 1.5% of each. Menthol is good if u like menthol, I will be adding a lot more reviews on the weeks to come on clyro's different flavours.

Hey bru

You must try out the banana, berries, the vanilla and custard are also good, but you would be using them for a mix, also if u have strawberry try out a strawberry and litchi mix at 1.5% of each. Menthol is good if u like menthol, I will be adding a lot more reviews on the weeks to come on clyro's different flavours.
Thanks man, I will try the "banana, berries, the vanilla and custard" in my next order.
I got both stawberry and Litchi - Just didn't think they will go together, Will try it thanks.

I also got Grape - I don't like it at all as a single flavor! Do you know what will be a nice mix with the Grape so that it doesn't land in the trash?

Hey guys here is some already worked out percentages on single concentrates

Cream Soda 3%
Litchi 3%
Banana 4%
Berries 3%
Strawberries & cream 3%
Vanilla Gold 3% less if mixing
Custard 3% less if mixing
Cherry 3 - 4%

More to follow

Hi guys

Please can we keep these review threads on topic
Just reviews of the concentrates for the particular manufacturer.

Makes it easier for future readers to get the info they are looking for.

Review on Tutti Frutti & Dragon Fruit @Geoff

Both will be used at 3%
Awesome flavors for those who like their sweets
Mixes very well with other flavors
These two flavors is a must for your DIY collection

Musts in your DIY collection :
Nb all these concentrates are brilliant as single flavor mixes but can also be used in multiple flavor mixes.

Cream soda
Litchi
Berries
Cherry
Tutti Frutti
Dragon Fruit
Banana
Menthol (for those days you want to add a touch of menthol to your tank)
5ml @ R20
20ml @ R55

Strawberry and cream concentrate
Use at a 3% to 4% depending how you like the strengths of the taste.
Tastes like strawberry stumpi. Great feed back on it. NB please remember the stronger the taste of the vape you make, the quicker your pallet gets tired of a flavor, thus most vape that you buy is more likely to be lighter in flavor than stronger!!

Hey Guys

Please post what flavors you need reviewed so I can do the review. Please expect a week to 2 weeks for a reply, some might take longer

Meanwhile ill post reviews on what I'm working with at the moment

Thanks

@Oceanic Vapes thanks for your input on Clyro flavours, iv been using them exclusively for 2 months, still haven't got the fireworks i had with other companies, they seem "flat" on the pallet.

My Clyro recipe
*Cream soda float*

Cream soda 6%
Cream 2%
Marshmallow 2%
Koolada 0.2%
Litchi 1 drop per 15ml (sweeter)

Please delete if too off topic

Keep your eyes open on following weeks, reviews on bubble gum, apple sours, cotton candy, cocoa & condensed milk, grape, iron brew, pineapple, red energy and white chocolate to follow!

Howzit Guys, I have been vaping on clyrolnx concentrates for just over a month now - for the recipe's that I have made with Clyrolinx only concentrates I found the hit slightly harsh and somewhat dry... Initially I thought perhaps its the Clyrolinx Nic that I bought, as there are differences when it comes to quality nic. But to test this, I made a mix with Clyrolinx Nic using the usual suspects TFA, FA, INW & FW - and vola, smooth vape. So I have established that its definately the concentrate(s). For the guys that dont know me, I steep for at least a 1.5 weeks before I even try out the juice. How can I smooth out those harsh edges, without "TFA smooth" as I feel that adding it will just flatten the flavour. Please see some of the recipe's that I have mixed below - and tell me if im doing something wrong, or if someone had a similar experience - and then ultimately how to avoid it going forward.

Please dont get me wrong here - I really love some of the flavour profiles from clyrolinx, like raspberry, bubblegum, apple sours, cheesecake, cerelac etc.... So this is just an attempt to iron out some of the recipes

CLY Strawberry Circles
1% Brown Sugar
1% Milk
1% Cream
1% Cerelac
2% Strawberry & Cream

CLY Bubblegum Shake
2% Milk
2% Cream
2% Bubblegum
0.5% Marshmallow

CLY Raspberry Cream
1% Brown Sugar
1.5% Milk
1.5% Cream
2% Raspberry

Howzit Guys, I have been vaping on clyrolnx concentrates for just over a month now - for the recipe's that I have made with Clyrolinx only concentrates I found the hit slightly harsh and somewhat dry... Initially I thought perhaps its the Clyrolinx Nic that I bought, as there are differences when it comes to quality nic. But to test this, I made a mix with Clyrolinx Nic using the usual suspects TFA, FA, INW & FW - and vola, smooth vape. So I have established that its definately the concentrate(s). For the guys that dont know me, I steep for at least a 1.5 weeks before I even try out the juice. How can I smooth out those harsh edges, without "TFA smooth" as I feel that adding it will just flatten the flavour. Please see some of the recipe's that I have mixed below - and tell me if im doing something wrong, or if someone had a similar experience - and then ultimately how to avoid it going forward.

Please dont get me wrong here - I really love some of the flavour profiles from clyrolinx, like raspberry, bubblegum, apple sours, cheesecake, cerelac etc.... So this is just an attempt to iron out some of the recipes

CLY Strawberry Circles
1% Brown Sugar
1% Milk
1% Cream
1% Cerelac
2% Strawberry & Cream

CLY Bubblegum Shake
2% Milk
2% Cream
2% Bubblegum
0.5% Marshmallow

CLY Raspberry Cream
1% Brown Sugar
1.5% Milk
1.5% Cream
2% Raspberry

what pg , vg and nic are you using ? i havent had a problem with CLY as of yet , maybe it could be the milk ? i havent used milk and all the other concentrates that ive used have been fine

Last edited:
what pg , vg and nic are you using ? i havent had a problem with CLY as of yet , maybe it could be the milk ? i havent used milk and all the other concentrates that ive used have been fine
Im also thinking the milk could be the problem as its the common denominator. I normally aim for a 70/30 mix

Im also thinking the milk could be the problem as its the common denominator. I normally aim for a 70/30 mix

IMHO i think its the milk , ive used many CLY concentrates and have never had any harshness, unless i used the premix nic which gives me bad throat hits ... so try your mixes without the milk maybe and let us know bud , i hope you find out whats up, will be interesting to find out what is causing that.

IMHO i think its the milk , ive used many CLY concentrates and have never had any harshness, unless i used the premix nic which gives me bad throat hits ... so try your mixes without the milk maybe and let us know bud , i hope you find out whats up, will be interesting to find out what is causing that.

I'll do just that !! Its not unbearable, but its not smooth - and a bit dry. I'm going to mix up a strawberry cereal (as before) - but literally just exclude the milk, and up the strawberry & cream.

1% Brown Sugar
1.5% Cream
1% Cerelac
2.5% Strawberry

and then report back in a week or so. Any opinions / objections on this test?

Has anyone found a recipe for the CLY Carrot Cake as yet? It is NOT intended as a standalone - made that mistake already... Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, has anyone tested malva pudding yet?

Back