Colonel Braddock's Make-over

Viper_SA

https://www.tiktok.com/@tinus_viper?lang=en
LV

Awards
After seeing how well @jtgrey's door came out, I decided not to camo the spare door I have and try something similar. Very very easy to do, and I like the look. Will look great with the green glow-in-the-dark buttons I have on pre-order and the green drip tip that @LandyMan is sending me.20150718_105603_resized.jpg

After seeing how well @jtgrey's door came out, I decided not to camo the spare door I have and try something similar. Very very easy to do, and I like the look. Will look great with the green glow-in-the-dark buttons I have on pre-order and the green drip tip that @LandyMan is sending me.View attachment 31578
Wow, that looks fantastic. Saw on ECF someone said the green ones really glow well, the others not so much.

That looks awesome bud.

I want to make my door silver. Tell me, do I need to sand it down first? Then spray a primer and then the silver. Is that right?

The spare door was sprayed with that textured paint. Think it was Rust-o-leum judging by how easy it came off with acetone. Good paint nonetheless. My mailbox if camoglaged and hasn't lost a drop of color in 3 years :D

I didn'tsand at all. Just don't polish it. The other door I stripped this morning and it needed some rubbing to get the paint off. Might have been original paint. If you want to rough it up a little, I'd say sue 600 or 800 grit wet-and-dry. Will post a pic of what I used for this yesterday. Did it in between making some Tuna Mate and a shower :D Real easy. Think it will be much faster if the temperatures would rise a bit.

That looks awesome bud.

I want to make my door silver. Tell me, do I need to sand it down first? Then spray a primer and then the silver. Is that right?

I would sand it down and just polish it. Would look better than silver paint I think.

Used in order of appearance from left to right 20150718_133433_resized.jpg

2 coats primer
2 coats green
1 coat crackle
2 coats clear

Also get a matt and glossy clear, so the look will change depending on which one you use.

For a mirror finish, get this from Midas
20150718_133507_resized.jpg

For more of a matt finish polish, try using 800 grit wet-and-dry or something like that. Or have it sandblasted for a brushed look :D

In case anyone was wondering about the name of my Reo......
It was named for the green, and after a buddy that passed away too soon, these were our favorite movies as children

images.jpg

Thanks guys.

But saw mine again in the sun, with the hammertone grey coming through in the light. It is rather pretty, so maybe I should leave it.

Great stuff @Viper_SA

Your Reo is now a real Viper machine of note!

After seeing how well @jtgrey's door came out, I decided not to camo the spare door I have and try something similar. Very very easy to do, and I like the look. Will look great with the green glow-in-the-dark buttons I have on pre-order and the green drip tip that @LandyMan is sending me.View attachment 31578
You've hit a homer.

Back