Comparing battery life - practical experience

Yes, the device is the same and the atty the same.

I rewick after every bottle and the fact that I only need 1 battery per bottle is the reason I have moved over to 21700s .
I actually use 21700s more than 18650s and the main reason is the reliability of one battery per 1 bottle of juice for me.

Wait

What!

You have a squonker with an 11ml capacity bottle!

I need to chat @Christos :)
Lol

That would halve my "pitstop payload" compared to what I'm doing currently with the Reos!

Wait

What!

You have a squonker with an 11ml capacity bottle!

I need to chat @Christos :)
Lol

That would halve my "pitstop payload" compared to what I'm doing currently with the Reos!
Actually I have 3 pulsars :D

I have been using them for many moons and they are the quickest pit stops and my daily drivers. If I’m not mistaken, my first pulsar is 3 years old and still going strong.

my main reasoning or objectives being capacity, convenience and lasting power.

I have been using them for many moons and they are the quickest pit stops and my daily drivers. If I’m not mistaken, my first pulsar is 3 years old and still going strong.

It is over three years old... if I'm not mistaken the first one came from the Paris show! :h:

No ways!
Now you tell me!

I think I need to come visit
Will bring you a case of Krispy Kremes in whatever flavour you want, with all the trimmings :D

Only joking, but I will definitely call for some high capacity squonk consulting!

PS @Christos
I have seen your Pulsars a few times (I think)
Just didn’t realize they had bigger batts and squonk bottles
I can’t believe I missed that

I suppose the times we got together in the past two years was around VapeCon and preparation for it
And usually I am so stressed that I don’t notice these things, lol

PS @Christos
I have seen your Pulsars a few times (I think)
Just didn’t realize they had bigger batts and squonk bottles
I can’t believe I missed that

I suppose the times we got together in the past two years was around VapeCon and preparation for it
And usually I am so stressed that I don’t notice these things, lol

Haha in 2017 he said this.

I have a feeling I should have called this thread @Silver's moddog experience thread :D

I have to say, that squonk sure looks noice!

• We all know that battery manufacturers specify the mah of their batteries. I.e. milli amp hours. However, there is a "usable mah" range, which is much less than the quoted total mah.
  • What this means (on a mech for example) is that you get to a point where the voltage is too low to give you the desired vape.
  • So even if the mah of a battery is 4,000 mah and another one is also 4,000, the internals may be such that the one gives you more usable mah than the other.
  • Alot has to do with the internal chemistry of the battery and I am not perfectly familiar with it all - but I think the lower the internal resistance the better as well.
  • If you look at the spec charts of a battery (i.e. when its drained) you will see what I am talking about. When the voltage drops as the battery is drained you get to a point where it won't give you a good vape anymore - long before its totally drained. Total drainage is the total mah of the battery - but that point where you can't vape happily anymore is much sooner and that is "usable mah"
  • Not all batteries have the same usable mah and my feeling is that the usable mah, although correlated with the total mah, is not always correlated.
Yeah this is more what i am use to being discussed and really has moved on has it's comparing battery to battery rather than 18650 to 21700.
As for the question about mls i will just have to bow out of that as i just don't monitor that or ever will even if it seems from this thread it's a common way to discuss differences between batteries it's just in 8 years of being active on a forum and 4 years being active on at least 6 at any given time until yesterday i have never come across referring differences in external batteries in regard to e-liquid consumption, between pod systems which obviously is linked to the internal battery yes, but not comparing battery to battery, it's like i'm from a foreign country lol.

Yeah this is more what i am use to being discussed and really has moved on has it's comparing battery to battery rather than 18650 to 21700.
As for the question about mls i will just have to bow out of that as i just don't monitor that or ever will even if it seems from this thread it's a common way to discuss differences between batteries it's just in 8 years of being active on a forum and 4 years being active on at least 6 at any given time until yesterday i have never come across referring differences in external batteries in regard to e-liquid consumption, between pod systems which obviously is linked to the internal battery yes, but not comparing battery to battery, it's like i'm from a foreign country lol.

Lol @Timwis , we are clearly different here

I’ve been comparing mls used on a battery across batteries for quite a long time

To me that is more accurate than saying how long you have used the device, well for me that is the only way because I use multiple devices and would find it difficult to use a single device for an extended period of time.

Lol @Timwis , we are clearly different here

I’ve been comparing mls used on a battery across batteries for quite a long time

To me that is more accurate than saying how long you have used the device, well for me that is the only way because I use multiple devices and would find it difficult to use a single device for an extended period of time.
Just to add @Timwis, some of us “older” folk tend to run the same juice and same atty and same coil specs for extended periods of time on our daily drivers so there is a lot of constants with the batteries being the main change in the setup.
I suspect this is because of our early use of mechanical squonkers (the reos) where our standard became how many ml before the battery sag occurred and we noticed a drop off in strength/heat and vapor production.
This seems to have stuck especially since some devices have been in daily use and for me personally, I have developed a sense of when a battery is tired and needs replacing long before it stops holding a charge.

Just to add @Timwis, some of us “older” folk tend to run the same juice and same atty and same coil specs for extended periods of time on our daily drivers so there is a lot of constants with the batteries being the main change in the setup.
I suspect this is because of our early use of mechanical squonkers (the reos) where our standard became how many ml before the battery sag occurred and we noticed a drop off in strength/heat and vapor production.
This seems to have stuck especially since some devices have been in daily use and for me personally, I have developed a sense of when a battery is tired and needs replacing long before it stops holding a charge.
Been vaping for over 8 years and still i always have only compared in vape time between batteries and honestly until yesterday have never heard anyone even mentioning how many mls of e-liquid being mentioned when comparing between batteries. I understand your reasoning and if that's how you are happy as a measure great but i'm not converted lol.

Back