Consumables Pricing

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Consumables Pricing.
I personally think the importers and retailers are charging excessive prices for Consumables such as pods and Sub OHM Coils in South Africa. If you compare prices on international web sites and convert the prices there is a substantial difference and they are still making a profit.
Step one. They need to stop breaking up sets of coils / pods If they come in a box of two, three or five or what ever, they should be sold in those boxes at a cheaper price than individual units. They should also be careful copying and pasting advertisements where they display a box of three for example but they are only selling one as this is to me slightly false advertising but this would be eliminated if they were selling them in the original packaging. I do realise some people could be broke financially and may just want to buy one unit to get them through to a pay day so individual units could be sold at a bit of a premium as they have to break up the packaging.
I don't know how to make sure the importers and retailers see this post and take cognisance of it it or even if they would do so but us consumers need to be listened to occasionally.
Just for interest look on the Innokin Web site at their pricing and see what we are paying in South Africa.
Regular post when ordering from overseas is not that expensive and sometimes there is no import duty and only a minimal post office or customs surcharge. (Not sure which.) The only problem is the delivery times which are really long, the time to South Africa is very short, the hold up being South African Customs and the post office.

Comment

0 comments​

Last edited:
This is an example but after I took them to task they may have changed their page. They are only sold as individual Coils.
Untitled Coils.jpg

Last edited:
It should be the same for coils as it is for multipacks of food and drink products were they shouldn't be sold individually! Although it doesn't actually say not to be sold individually on packs of coils I wonder if those breaking them up to maximise their profits have any feeling of wrong doing, in this world fuelled by greed I doubt it!

Back