Conversation photos

dannler

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
hey guys, just a quick question......

why in a normal thread can one upload i file straight from the computer/phone he/she is using

BUT

when in a conversation, one must upload the photo via a URL link..... why can the conversation uploading be the same as the uploading in a thread? it so much easier... or am i missing something?

Not sure why you are observing that @dannler
In a conversation - I can also upload directly from my computer

Here is what I see in one of my conversations
I just click on the button marked "Upload File"

Conversation.jpg

i only have that option when im typing in a thread, but with private messages i dont have that option

Attachments

• ere.png
    ere.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 26
Really strange @dannier
I have no clue why your editor is different.

Perhaps try log out of Ecigssa and log back in again with your username and password.

Perhaps try logging out, then clearing your browser cache - then closing your browser - then open it and log back in again.

Also, what browser are you using?

If that doesnt work then I am out of ideas - will need one of the more technically minded Admins to offer their opinions.
@Alex, @Gizmo

Me too @dannler
Sorry man, I have no idea how to help you resolve that.
Hang on - and hopefully someone else can give you an idea

Do me a favour if you wouldnt mind - when you are next at another PC setup - say at a friend - or at work - try it with a totally different browser etc - let us know if its still the same.

I've used Google Chrome before on the Forum as well and everything seemed fine. Maybe try @Silver suggestion. Hopefully that works

hey guys, just a quick question......

why in a normal thread can one upload i file straight from the computer/phone he/she is using

BUT

when in a conversation, one must upload the photo via a URL link..... why can the conversation uploading be the same as the uploading in a thread? it so much easier... or am i missing something?
Do you have Adobe Flash installed?

I also don't have that option with a private conversation. @Silver your screenshot doesnt seem to be a private conversation but the normal forum or am i seeing it wrong?

I also don't have that option with a private conversation. @Silver your screenshot doesnt seem to be a private conversation but the normal forum or am i seeing it wrong?

I think it may only be available for staff.

but why? its such a shlep to pm a guy photos. need to upload it to photobucket and only then can i link the photo, what is the permission reason for that?

but why? its such a shlep to pm a guy photos. need to upload it to photobucket and only then can i link the photo, what is the permission reason for that?

I can change it, but I'm not gonna, not without consulting the other admin guys first. :)

ha ha cool, cause im used to another forum where you upload the photos directly,simple,quick and easy...

Back