Converting 12mg to 6 mg?

TylerD

Power to the Users
VIP
LV

Awards
So, I am officially down to 6mg juice, but I have a LOT of juice that is still 12mg.
Will I loose a lot of flavor if I mix my 12mg's down to 6mg with vg and pg?
I know that @devdev dilute his juice.
I don't mind a bit of flavor loss.
Anyone have any experience with this?

I do this quite often nowadays as I am now on 3 and have some juices at 6 and 9 but for me I dont like to add more than 40% vg/pg as then the flavours get a bit too diluted and muted.

you could also get some 0mg juice and dilute the juices this way, I have found quite a few good mixes this way, my fav being cinnamon strawberry with turkish delight

i am also in the process of going to 6mg. all future juice will be ordered lower nic...gonna still finish 12mg at the same time.

I recently went down to 12mg from 18mg, so you could sell some to me :)

I'd really love to know how you switched from 12mg to 6mg. I bought a whole bunch of bottles in 6 to switch over. I cant get a decent throat hit from them. So they just stand.

One thing for sure is PG does not dilute/mute the flavours nearly as much as VG. I have in the past ordered 15MG Heathers 70/30 VG/PG ratio and added PG to reduce to 12mg. Some juice work better than others when adding PG. I certainly wouldn't add equal qty to what you have to make it 6mg. Think flavour would be very muted.

@TylerD my Dischem Blend (TM) is 60 VG/30 PG/10 H20 (Distilled).

I typically add this around 25 - 50% to every tank or bottle I use. 12 mg becomes something between 6mg and 9mg.

As I like clouds more than throat hit, the higher VG works best for me. If you like throat hit, then drop the VG and increase the PG. With the higher VG juices become sweeter and cloudier, which again is a total win for me.

The blend can also benefit from a week or so of steeping, as the additional 'virgin' PG will start to carry the flavour the juice originally came with, so if you have patience and can wait a couple of weeks, I doubt you would even notice that much difference between the original juice and the blended & steeped version.

Personally I don't steep, and I mix and vape straight away, shaking the tank or bottle before taking the first hit. I find most juices are over flavoured and by diluting juice like this you can tone down flavours and turn juices with good potential into ADVs.

There is also the benefit that your juices go longer, and with simple flavours diluting doesn't make much of a difference. The more complex blend can change completely, for example a Boba's or a 5 pawns. Given the value of these liquids I tend to dilute 25% or less, as that preserves the flavour.

I mix up 200ml batches of the above blend, and then always keep a few 30ml bottles of it with my juices.

I add the H20 to help thin out the VG, as without it it can be very difficult to mix with the ready made juices. I don't think it has any impact on flavour

Cool, thanks for all the responses. I will then add 50/50 diluted mix to a few juices and see how it goes.
@MurderDoll I switched to a .5 coil fully open airflow and doing lung hits exclusively. Still in the beginning stages, but it's working for me.

I'd really love to know how you switched from 12mg to 6mg. I bought a whole bunch of bottles in 6 to switch over. I cant get a decent throat hit from them. So they just stand.

@MuderDoll I went from 18 to 12 to 6 in the span of a bit more than a month. No idea how that happened but now I can't handle anything above 6mg.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

eish, wish i could get VG up here to cut the nic content in my juices, and get more vapor

I'm stuck having to buy 1 X 9mg + 2 X 0mg and then mixing them

specially as, from what i've read more VG = a smoother vape, and less intense throat hit.

eish, wish i could get VG up here to cut the nic content in my juices, and get more vapor

I'm stuck having to buy 1 X 9mg + 2 X 0mg and then mixing them

VG is simply normal Glycerin - which can be sourced from either Vegetables (VG) or animals.

Go to your pharmacy and ask for Glycerin - as long as it is rated as BP then you are in business. Should be the easiest of all vaping gear to find up north

@devdev you are awesome :)

lol awesome man!

Just pick up some distilled water at the same time from the chemist. It is needed to thin the VG a little bit, other wise mixing is a real PITA

i was on 12 mostly but dropped to 6 as soon as i went dripper/Reo. Now im going 3 for extra comfort lol

i was on 12 mostly but dropped to 6 as soon as i went dripper/Reo. Now im going 3 for extra comfort lol
18 mg is my version of extra comfort :p

I can't even do 12. Surprisingly the only 12 that's worked for me is bobas! Anything else just wasn't enough!

Back