Cotton Candy Wick

boxerulez

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi @boxerulez , have moved this thread to the Lung Candy vendor subforum so @Maxxis can reply directly

Please remember that vendors are not allowed to discuss their products in the general forums, whether asked by members or not.
This was previously posted in the New Product Watch subforum which forms part of the general threads.

Hi @boxerulez , have moved this thread to the Lung Candy vendor subforum so @Maxxis can reply directly

Please remember that vendors are not allowed to discuss their products in the general forums, whether asked by members or not.
This was previously posted in the New Product Watch subforum which forms part of the general threads.

Ahhh Thanks @Silver I keep on forgetting this bit of where vendors are allowed to comment.

I am really interested in this. @Maxxis tell us more!!!

http://www.lungcandy.co.za/get-some/vape-hardware-and-accessories/wick-wire/cotton-candy/

"Composed of a super absorbent and heat resistant hybrid cotton and rayon mix, Cotton Candy delivers the perfect flavour experience right from the start. Cotton Candy has virtually no break-in time or residual taste and works equally well in your favourite RTA or RDA."

Basically as the description reads. We wanted to offer an alternative to the regular cotton on the market but also at a price that makes it accessible to everybody.

So we started testing various options from all over the place. We know that Rayon wicking isnt all that popular anymore but this just worked so well that we couldn't let it go. It's all I've been using for the past 3 months and I'm super fussy so yeah. Happy days!

We crammed over a meter of this into each tub so it should last quite a while too. Easy to use and lasts quite well under the pressure of higher wattage vaping.

Thanks Silver. You guys beat me to posting this up in our forum :D

We crammed over a meter of this into each tub so it should last quite a while too. Easy to use and lasts quite well under the pressure of higher wattage vaping.

That is a really competetive price for over a meter of the stuff. Cant wait to place an order with you again so I can get some of this in.

Thanks Silver. You guys beat me to posting this up in our forum :D

Now that it has been discussed, this does look very interesting

Is this your own product @Maxxis ?

I must say I love Rayon (the normal one) for the fruity menthols at lowish power, i find it brings out the menthol taste better.

Now that it has been discussed, this does look very interesting

Is this your own product @Maxxis ?

I must say I love Rayon (the normal one) for the fruity menthols at lowish power, i find it brings out the menthol taste better.

It is indeed.

With it being a blend it isn't as squeaky as normal rayon is. Like you said, works super well for the fruits but also really well with the deserts and creams.

It is indeed.

With it being a blend it isn't as squeaky as normal rayon is. Like you said, works super well for the fruits but also really well with the deserts and creams.

That is great. Most interesting. Certainly would like to try it at some point

You seriously cannot go wrong with Rayon @Silver . still using my first box lol. clean clean flavour.

Well, order placed and dispatched.

Should be here tomorrow AM but I am not wicking at work,

So I will be able to give some feedback in the evening 28/09.

So my Cotton Candy landed today.

First off the bat... it feels much different between your fingers. Can immediately feel that it is a synthetic substance(or at least the layman will feel its not cotton)

It does not pinch together as easily when rolling the tip to feed through the coil. It almost bounces back unless you apply a bunch of pressure. This is good news as this same properties will also promote saturation when it comes into contact with the juice.

Also because of this feature of the hybrid you have to use more/thicker wick than standard cotton. With the fast absorbsion an RDTA will leak... especially if you trim your wicks down like @BigGuy teaches.

On wicking my Combo RDTA i went in at standard procedure.

24Gauge SS 3.5 id. Wicked as I would with Cotton Bacon and trimmed 2/3 back.

Dry the wick filled the juice holes comfortably.

Primed and vaped... flavour was there immediately. Running at .3ohm 55 watts power and no dry hits or flavour dropoff while chain vaping.

Over to TC 230deg and joy.

Turn tank upside down and ohoh.

Had to re wick. Half a strand in either coil... not a third as before.

Then trim away only 1/3 to a 1/4 of each wick to fit down the juice holes.

It might feel that there is too much wick in the juice hole but believe me... it will not dry hit with 1/2 strand.

All in all I am very happy with this product. Flavour is instant. No cotton taste and no burn in period after wicking.

1 tilt and we are saturated within seconds.

@Maxxis really is onto a winner with this one.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback @boxerulez
Great write up
Always nice to hear experiences on different wicking materials

I too have found that with Rayon (not this one, but the "normal" one) one has to pack it much tighter than with cotton because when juices up, the Rayon gets a bit smaller versus the cotton which expands.

Last edited:
So my Cotton Candy landed today.

First off the bat... it feels much different between your fingers. Can immediately feel that it is a synthetic substance(or at least the layman will feel its not cotton)

It does not pinch together as easily when rolling the tip to feed through the coil. It almost bounces back unless you apply a bunch of pressure. This is good news as this same properties will also promote saturation when it comes into contact with the juice.

Also because of this feature of the hybrid you have to use more/thicker wick than standard cotton. With the fast absorbsion an RDTA will leak... especially if you trim your wicks down like @BigGuy teaches.

On wicking my Combo RDTA i went in at standard procedure.

24Gauge SS 3.5 id. Wicked as I would with Cotton Bacon and trimmed 2/3 back.

Dry the wick filled the juice holes comfortably.

Primed and vaped... flavour was there immediately. Running at .3ohm 55 watts power and no dry hits or flavour dropoff while chain vaping.

Over to TC 230deg and joy.

Turn tank upside down and ohoh.

Had to re wick. Half a strand in either coil... not a third as before.

Then trim away only 1/3 to a 1/4 of each wick to fit down the juice holes.

It might feel that there is too much wick in the juice hole but believe me... it will not dry hit with 1/2 strand.

All in all I am very happy with this product. Flavour is instant. No cotton taste and no burn in period after wicking.

1 tilt and we are saturated within seconds.

@Maxxis really is onto a winner with this one.

Thanks so much for the epic review! Really appreciate it!

Right. Now for the next bout.

Limitless RDTA+ 0.5 ohm wicked once again with my new love Cotton Candy. Running this one comfortably at up to 60 watts (as high as I go in this setup)

As you can see from the photos attached... perfectly saturated and no leaks.

0d981edb0394919ed2ff84561712db26.jpg
ccb3be6cf77ec490bdbc35cb9c3368ec.jpg

Next the XL dual RBA

Absolutely epic feedback. Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up some yesterday along with the dotmod RTA. Been through about 6 tanks at 50w and hit after hit it's been perfect.
Can taste all the flavours coming through. I am going to definitely keep using this from now on for the price it's truely amazing.

I've just wicked my serpent mini and loaded it with bronuts and even that is perfect at 35w. I will wick the avo with this stuff later but I can already imagine I won't find any issues with it. Great job @Maxxis I hope the supply line will be in full stock because once everyone tries this it's going to be sold out constantly

We restocked today.

Thanks so much for the great feedback. We did not expect this to take off the way it did.

Your support has been phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back