Create New From Old

Chop007

LV

Awards
Hey guys and gals, I have recently created a new modded device from old ego batteries I had laying around, some old wire, some solder and an old ego 510 thread, head, with the circuit protection still inside. Pictures to follow.

I would just like to see if anyone else is also creating such mods from their old batteries, carto's, clearo's, circuits etc etc. I do not profess to make any safe devices and any modifications carry inherent risks, such as possibly blowing up and removing a front row of teeth. So, whatever you do, make sure to study up on it before attempting, and I accept no responsibility for any lost limbs.

Having said that, it is possible to be creative with stuff we have laying around. I know many have old, dead, broken goodies around. Lets get creative, lets become inventors. After all, half the fun, is in the creating.

Here are a few pics of what I managed to knock together:
Crazy%20Build%20One.jpg

There is 2 old ego batteries, one is 650mah, the other is 1300mah(So they say). They are connected in parallel, side by side, running to an old ego switch that still had the circuitry inside that controls the 10 second cut off etc etc. I simply reconnected the new wiring to the old head and screwed on an old clearomizer.

Crazy%20Build%20Two.jpg

Just a pic to show the button being pressed and it actually worked.

Crazy%20Build%20Three.jpg

Just a pic showing the positive and negative connections and the rather untidy soldering, which I plan to work on.
Crazy%20Build%20Four.jpg

A pic showing the leads coming from the batteries, connecting to the 510 connector thread switch. And the clearomizer attached.

Results: I get 174 puffs, the power does not wane with decrease in battery. The batteries recharge perfect when connected to an ego charger.

I would reckon it is vaping at a constant 10 Watts. Setting my VV/VW iTaste to 10 Watts and vaping the same clearo, I get the same effect/hissing sound from the coil as when it is connected to this mad mod.

Still to do: Now all that is left is to router out a solid piece of Origin Pine(Railway Sleeper wood) and then make a box for the batteries and a hole for the ego connection.

I would also like to get various goodies, such as the DNA 30 chip, some bigger, bad ass batteries and some decent circuit creating equipment, then I can start creating some serious custom mods. Using wood for the moment is okay but I would like to use Carbon Titanium fiber(Carbon Fiber with Titanium strips interwoven), then create a mold(Used with resin to shape carbon fiber and then heated to set as hard as steel) and make the newly designed box mods to a standard size. I would like them to look similar to the Reo, although any shape/size that fits the battery would work(could even shape it like a chicken/rabbit if one so desired). The end look could be carbon fiber(resin coated/glossy), or whatever color I can push through my spray gun(Even gold flake, candy color, Opalescent, etc etc).

If any of you legends knows where I could get decent parts, such as the circuits, switches etc etc, at a good price, even import if necessary, I would be extremely grateful?

Advice and wiring diagrams for the more sophisticated mods would also be super awesome. If anyone has a wiring diagram for a Reosmod, with part labelling included, that would be the cherry on the cake? It is much easier to order.

Thanks all, I look forward to seeing what we, South Africans can show the world. After all, I am certain, the country that produced the first heart transplant surgeon, could, after all, create a device, the world would rather vape. In all of us South Africans there is an innate talent for creation, for finding a way when the way seems blocked, a passion and a gift for the bizarrely amazing inventions that rock the world. If we use this in vaping, I do believe we will become the new vaping central in a world hungry for innovation. As a bearded legend in the YouTube vids says, "Smoking is dead, Vaping is the Future, and, the Future, IS NOW."

hey i had dibs on anyone's spare 510 connectors :)
but you hit the nail on the head, cobbling together your own mad creations is so much fun and i really need to work on my soldering skills (or lack thereof)

hey i had dibs on anyone's spare 510 connectors :)
but you hit the nail on the head, cobbling together your own mad creations is so much fun and i really need to work on my soldering skills (or lack thereof)
Awesome, thanks bro. Yeah, at China town here in C.T they sell the ce4 batteries/connectors for next to nothing. I reckon I am going to buy a whole lot batteries and then dissasemble and create a bomb. Not really a bomb, but I hope it will vape like "Da Bomb".

Back