Creating volume in your vape

Huffapuff

Vape Junkie
LV

Awards
I've got a couple of recipes that I've been working on that have the right flavour profiles that I want, but are lacking in mouth feel.

What can I add that won't detract from the current flavours too much, but will create that all important velvety texture to the vape?

I've been thinking of TFA Bavarian Cream (don't mind the vanilla and sweetness this may add), FA Vienna Cream, FA Fresh Cream or a small amount of CAP VC1. Do you have any recommendations for %s or other concentrates I can try?

Tagging all DIY maestros for help: @Andre, @method1, @rogue zombie, @NewOobY, @Greyz, @Feliks Karp, @zadiac, @Mike, @GregF, @KZOR, @DanielSLP, @incredible_hullk, @Rude Rudi @Patrick, @Vapington, @Soutie, @Caveman, @RichJB

If your using some sucralose or sweetner in your juice, try sub that out for some TFA Marshmallow.
IME it adds sweetness as well as fullness/mouthfeel.

Oh and definitely TFA Marshmallow, but that depends on what you are trying to create. Have had some fruity come out a lil odd with it

I'm not experienced enough to add anything, but it's probably worth revisiting Wayne's Creams video:

Bavarian cream always good option. I also use MTS Vape Wizard.

What % do you use KZOR so that it doesn't have too much of an impact on the main flavour profile?

If your using some sucralose or sweetner in your juice, try sub that out for some TFA Marshmallow.
IME it adds sweetness as well as fullness/mouthfeel.

Ugh! Now I have another concentrate to buy!!

For me the killer mouth feel is in FA Coconut @ 1%. And clouds for days.

I love FA Coconut! But would it not interfere with other flavours?

Ah, I was wondering about the FA Coconut in your Bowdens test recipe @Patrick - now I know, and, good to know.

@Huffapuff, I have mixed a tobacco recipe with and without FA MTS Vape Wizard (at 1.0 %) and it does make a positive contribution. Here is what FA has to say:

"You can make it magic !! MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, and it is a major breakthrough in taste technology for PV users. Based on our thorough understanding of taste mechanisms, we have developed a product which we believe will increase the pleasure of your vaping experience. MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. It can be used on its own, blended with tobacco flavours, or with any other flavour of your choice. There are no limitations as to its versatility. Make your vapour fuller and richer.. Let MTS Vape Wizard work its magic for you! Suggested dosage 0,5-2% Additional notes on Vape Wizard. we developed it starting from a food flavor that delivers aged, woody and slightly smoky notes. The original flavor was formulated to improve mouthfeel and body, especially for liquid foods and some type of drinks. As it worked well in foodstuff, we decided to make a vape version of it. Then we combined it with Magic Mask ( see its features ), which works on tongue receptor and soften the acid perception. So when we tasted and tested VW, we noticed that theory was right and it delivered its promises. It does not influence the vapour properties, nor boost the steam in any way. It works as a food flavor and the substances we used, when used at subtle level, delivers the full and bodied sensation. It is a very delicate flavor, and its action is on perception inside the mouth. It should be used in combination with other flavor from 0.2 up to 1% max. It tends to lower high notes and boost the background notes. It is a complimentary flavor and should not vaped as such, due to the fact it has an indistinct taste. Its main goal is to round off other flavors. " -Flavour Art Italy

FA Black Fire is also great for tobacco mixes. The extra smoke does create an illusion of extra body at least.

MTS Vape Wizard .......... quoted from Flavour art website.

"You can make it magic !! MTS stands for Mellow, Thick and Smooth, and it is a major breakthrough in taste technology for PV users. MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. It can be used on its own, blended with tobacco flavours, or with any other flavour of your choice. There are no limitations as to its versatility. Make your vapour fuller and richer. Let MTS Vape Wizard work its magic for you! Suggested dosage 0.5-2%"

Bavarian cream I usually use at exactly the same concentrations. 0.5-2%

I have also tried with and without MTS and it does make a difference.

FA fresh cream, marshmallow as has been mentioned and INW cactus are quite good at adding mouthfeel. I would be careful with mts vape wizard though, I have had mixed results with it.

To those who have used Vape Wizard, do you find what Wayne warns against - that it blends all the flavours into one and kills any layering? I'm not sure my palate is good enough to even know the difference but he makes it sound like something you wouldn't want to do.

i used vape wizard and fa marshmallow for mouth feel. I use the wizard very sparingly - like 1 drop per 10ml basically.

To those who have used Vape Wizard, do you find what Wayne warns against - that it blends all the flavours into one and kills any layering? I'm not sure my palate is good enough to even know the difference but he makes it sound like something you wouldn't want to do.
You will notice the difference. If you eat something, lets use this for instance : Freshly cut strawberries, ice cream and crumbled biscuits and you simply put them in the same bowl and eat them it will taste different to if you threw them all in a blender and blended them into a pulp. Same flavours together but the way they are delivered to your pallette is very different. So your experience of the flavours, albeit the same flavours, will be different.

FA, you have to take it up to 3% before you taste the coconut. It just offers tongue density.

That's really good to know - it's one of my favourite concentrates and now I've got another use for it. Except I used the last of it earlier this week :p

I'm curious now to look into Vape Wizard @Andre - I have been hesitant to try it for its reputation as @Vapington mentioned, but it may have a use anyways.

I'm curious now to look into Vape Wizard @Andre - I have been hesitant to try it for its reputation as @Vapington mentioned, but it may have a use anyways.
Yeah, I am very hesitant to use additives, but seems sometimes one does not have a choice. But, have only used MTS Vape Wizard once and in a tobacco - so no great experience from my side. Black Fire, on the other hand, I use in most of my tobaccos at around 0.5 %.

Back