Cuboid battery spring is stuck

Razien Boyes

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi there,

My cuboid battery spring on the inside just below the 510 got stuck so one of my batteries is not connecting. Is there anyone that has a fix for this?

It jammed when i pushed too hard on the battery door.

Attachments

• 15094828_10211120254907332_7303267238566275626_n.jpg
    15094828_10211120254907332_7303267238566275626_n.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 42
Sorry to hear this @Razien Boyes

I also have the Cuboid and i just dont like how that battery cover works
Always feels a bit flimsy and I have been extra careful with it

Maybe someone can give you some ideas for a fix
@blujeenz perhaps?

Sorry to hear this @Razien Boyes

I also have the Cuboid and i just dont like how that battery cover works
Always feels a bit flimsy and I have been extra careful with it

Maybe someone can give you some ideas for a fix
@blujeenz perhaps?

True.. I just tried pushing my silicone cover off and the terminal jammed.. The mod is basically bricked now

True.. I just tried pushing my silicone cover off and the terminal jammed.. The mod is basically bricked now

Oh heck, thats not good

Wish i could help somehow

Hi there,

My cuboid battery spring on the inside just below the 510 got stuck so one of my batteries is not connecting. Is there anyone that has a fix for this?

It jammed when i pushed too hard on the battery door.
You could try a drop of oil to see if you can free it up using a pencil to jiggle it, but its possible that the spring has slid off its seat and is now lying on its side.
In that case you would need to open it up to reseat the spring.
If a spring has a smaller dia than its compressed height, then it needs a form of guide to prevent unseating.

Why don't you open it up? It's really not that hard. Just loosen the screws that keep it all together and slide it apart, correct the spring and install again?

Why don't you open it up? It's really not that hard. Just loosen the screws that keep it all together and slide it apart, correct the spring and install again?
As a spanner slinger and opener of note, thats usually my first answer and my own port of call, but I've come to realise not everyone has our skillset, so I start off mildly and end with the "open it". :)

Lol, I knew you guys would offer some help

You spanner slingers you!

:D

FCM441617.JPG

Lol thanks for all the help, i've tried opening it and there was one screw i could not get open, because i dont have the proper equipment.. Soooo.. The screw threads have flattened unfortunately.. But i will give it a go
@Clouder @Silver @blujeenz

So i managed to open and fix it by inserting a stiff sponge to hold the pin in place. The unit holding the spring in place is made of plastic and broke off. Put some batteries in and it worked. Any safety concerns with this fix? Forgot to snap a pic of the sponge. But its the sponge that comes with the mods. @Silver @blujeenz @Clouder

Attachments

• IMG-20161216-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20161216-WA0017.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 17
So i managed to open and fix it by inserting a stiff sponge to hold the pin in place. The unit holding the spring in place is made of plastic and broke off. Put some batteries in and it worked. Any safety concerns with this fix? Forgot to snap a pic of the sponge. But its the sponge that comes with the mods. @Silver @blujeenz @Clouder
That sponge seems to be decent closed cell stuff and firm enough to do the job.
I dont see any problems at this stage, possibly down the road you might need to replace the sponge due to sag from heat or juice leaks.

Nice job! I have a broken mod that needs fixing as well, can pay you in juice!

Back