D.O.A Tesla Nano 60W

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
I received a Tesla Nano this morning after waiting 6 weeks for it.
Problem is that it is dead. Fairly pointless shipping it back to China and hoping to get it back in 3 months time so I was hoping we have a technical guru locally.
I removed it from it's package, pressed the fire button five times and nothing.
I let it charge via usb for 1 hour and repeated the button procedure and nothing.
It just looks at me with it's one big dead heroine eye.

Any ideas guys. I thought of opening it up but don't have a L-key that fits.

Problem is that it is dead. Fairly pointless shipping it back to China and hoping to get it back in 3 months time so I was hoping we have a technical guru locally.
I let it charge via usb for 1 hour and repeated the button procedure and nothing.

"It just looks at me with it's one big dead heroine eye" --Funniest thing i have read all day lol.

Does the display come on when it is charging?

Nope ....dead as a clay pigeon.
:rofl: Clay target (we are not allowed to use the term clay pigeon anymore) ;).
Shucks then I don't know. Think you will have to open her up and see if there is not a contact problem between that battery and the rest of the circuitry

I think sometimes they just ask you to send them a video of the item rather than insisting on it being returned to them. Some of the China vendors have a promise that they will cover some/all of the cost of returning a faulty item. So once they can see it's not working, it's not worth their while and they rather send you a new one.

Depending on the supplier, it might be worth contacting them before taking it apart? I think you can also file a Paypal or credit card dispute for faulty items and get a refund. You might lose this option if you invalidate the warranty though.

Paypal is your friend i situation like this mate

Edit: On the other hand it might take a wile taking the road. Once you escalate to paypal they insist you send the item back and you must give them he tracking number, try contacting the supplier first use paypal as a last resort

PS: The screws that hold it together is called a 'torx' screw.
Its not a normal allen key.

Not an issue though, you should be able to find a cheap torx set at any hardware store.

Downside of the internal batts.:(
You'd have to open which voids the warranty.
Those cheap(R25) Chinese all in one security driver sets should be able to cope.
Then you'd need to measure the batt voltage to see if it hasnt fallen below the "recognisable" level for the onboard charger. ie 2.5V
Sometimes they can be externally charged with some MacGyvering, ie croc clips from a charger direct to the batt leads.
If the batt volts are good, then its most likely a faulty pcb.

Ok ....... I created a dispute in paypal informing them of a faulty unit.

I also directly emailed the supplier about the unit and got this weird answer ......
"Hi friend,Please check if there is battery in the mod first. Wait for your reply."

I then sent him a 28s video showing the unit not turning on as well as not responding when charged via usb cable.

I will give him 2 days to respond and then I will take the dispute further via paypal.

Ok ....... I created a dispute in paypal informing them of a faulty unit.

I also directly emailed the supplier about the unit and got this weird answer ......
"Hi friend,Please check if there is battery in the mod first. Wait for your reply."

I then sent him a 28s video showing the unit not turning on as well as not responding when charged via usb cable.

I will give him 2 days to respond and then I will take the dispute further via paypal.
Eish @KZOR, that seriously sucks hairies:(
I hope it gets resolved "quick"

Update .....need an opinion or two.

I then receive this message from the seller on 16 Aug:
"No worries. We will pass your order to the manufactory . We will get the feedback to you soon."

Three days later I receive this :
"Good news. The manufactory agree to ship a new replacement for you. Would you please close the pay dispute ? We will arrange the new shipment for you soon."

Upon which I emailed back the following :
"That is good news.
I will close dispute as soon I received confirmation that the item has been shipped with a tracking number."

Then I received this earlier :
"I'm afraid we may not ship the replacement before the dispute closed. Your understanding shall be highly appreciated."

So my dilemma is the following :
If I close the dispute does ebay consider it as being solved which then prevents me from opening another dispute against the same seller in case they never ship the item?
Or should I just roll the dice and trust the seller?

Update .....need an opinion or two.

I then receive this message from the seller on 16 Aug:
"No worries. We will pass your order to the manufactory . We will get the feedback to you soon."

Three days later I receive this :
"Good news. The manufactory agree to ship a new replacement for you. Would you please close the pay dispute ? We will arrange the new shipment for you soon."

Upon which I emailed back the following :
"That is good news.
I will close dispute as soon I received confirmation that the item has been shipped with a tracking number."

Then I received this earlier :
"I'm afraid we may not ship the replacement before the dispute closed. Your understanding shall be highly appreciated."

So my dilemma is the following :
If I close the dispute does ebay consider it as being solved which then prevents me from opening another dispute against the same seller in case they never ship the item?
Or should I just roll the dice and trust the seller?
This sounds fishy. Just get your money back imo

@KZOR there is always a risk in buying online especially from over the big water.
I would have said that the supplier has displayed some commitment from their side to resolve this. There is no way of knowing for sure, but I suppose you would have to apply the same amount of trust as you did when you hit the "pay" button when you placed the order.

You have all this in writing and should you never get a reply from them after this, you would be able to proof to paypal that you closed the dispute based on the commitment from the seller to replace the goods.

I would take the chance.

Thanks for responding guys but I am worried about this little sentence in Paypals Protection Act :
"A closed dispute cannot be re-opened, so the buyer must be sure that they are entirely satisfied before they decide to close a dispute using this option."

I just sent him another message via Paypals Resolution Centre:
"Sorry friend. Cannot do that. I have no proof that you will ship the item. I have been honest and even provided a video of the defective unit. Could I please request a full refund? Hope you understand. Louis"

I will wait and see what his response is now.

@Dubz ...... I have tested it on 3 other usb cables that I know work. :)

@KZOR if i were you i would escalate to paypal, they will most probably tell you to send it back and give the (paypal) the tracking number. As soon as the tracking say delivered paypal refund you

What i did i my dispute, as soon as they said i must return the item, i escalated to paypal and told them i want them to oversee the deal because i dont trust the company

Back